Medieval America Mark III

The great Captain who is a shield to the land, The knight who flies, The Sage who lets his anger turn him into a green beast of destruction, He who wields the lightning. Yeah those kind of stories will go down through the ages :)

Deleted member 82792

No, but the stories continue to be popular in "updated" form.

The great Captain who is a shield to the land, The knight who flies, The Sage who lets his anger turn him into a green beast of destruction, He who wields the lightning. Yeah those kind of stories will go down through the ages :)
Can we see more details?

These are at least part of Stan Lees Super Hero team known as the Avengers as they are thought of in Midieval America. Wish I had the skill.

Lets see if I can do this right.

A Tale to Astonish

In one of the many towns around New York, a mayor had asked and been granted permission from his Lodge to
use it to have a party for all under his rule, for the Christmas season. Many tables and chairs had been set and and

food for all been shared. The Mayor had made a speech from and for him it had been incredibly brief "My family,
my friends, my people. This year God had given us a great harvest and even after the taxes, we have had enough

to share. So for this reason I have decided to have this celebration. Plus I have hired a teller of stories for us to
listen". In a chair the honored story teller was drinking some spiced wine. He carefully put his wine down and

began to speak. Excelsior! For I have a story from the man known as Lee, as told to him by Those Who Watch. A story of wonder, tale to astonish, a tale of The Six....

Six heroes they were. The spy known as the Lady of Spiders, a archer who could see like a hawk and his aim was ever true. Two who showed what wonders and perils came to those who sought the secrets of the Ancients. One was knight who had learned from careful study how to fly, the other had went into a secret place of the ancients and it had found the anger in his heart, which turned him into a green beast of destruction and rage when it came upon him.

The other two was a warrior of great power who carried a hammer and who could as the Ancients command the lightning. and last but not least was captain who's shield was also a weapon and who had slept for many years after a grievous wound, whose great strength, and great heart awoke him to protect all the lands that were once the rule of The Ancients.

When all were in danger they would be called forth....

Commonwealth of Michigan
Commonwealth of Michigan

Hwfjyre.png

• System of Government: Feudalism
  • Head of State: Governor, chosen by primogeniture from the ruling Wolf family
  • Population: 2,200,000
  • Religion: Non-Denominational
  • Totemic Symbol: Wolverine
Of the three great powers of the Feudal Heartland, Michigan has always been an underdog that has punched well above its weight. In terms of population its harsh winters has always meant that it's population has always rested hundreds of thousands below its rivals in Iowa (formerly Illinois) and Ohio. And yet its strategic placement in the midst of the Great Lakes has destined it to eternally jockey for supremacy; centrally positioned between Superior, Lake Michigan, and Erie has filled its coffers and allowed it to build a respectable naval tradition as the most maritime state on the Lakes and one of the most influential in the Mackinaw League.

Of the three great powers Michigan came out with the most of the Great Midwestern War and the subsequent Bailey family. With the destruction of Illinois and Ohio's loss of Toledo, Luthor II found himself the Lord best posed to take advantage of the League. Control of Detroit and its newfound alliance with Ontario and Genesee County kept it in total control of the straits. It managed to cement its control over the quasi-independent cities of northern Michigan and even gain influence in the Upper Peninsula which had been lost to Lansing since the dawn of the Neo-Medieval era. Had they played their cards right, Michigan was set up to chip away at Ohio's influence and potentially become the dominant player in the Midwest.

Unfortunately, it was not to be. The downfall began with his son, Luthor III. Born in the lap of luxury, Luthor was not the savvy politician that his father was. His imposition of the Strait Tolls made him no friends in the Mackinaw League or the East at large for that matter. Attempts to move Ontario and Genesee towards outright vassalage engendered a reaction away to preserve their independence.

The final straw came some fifty years after the destruction of Illinois. A senile Luthor III expected his familial claims over Illinois would be recognized and that a rump Commonwealth would be established under Michigander influence. Obviously this proposal did not sit well with anyone on the Lake League. When Genesee pulled out their trump card in the Daley family and came to an accord with the Iowans, a bitter Luthor demanded revenge and declared a war of aggression on Genesee and Iowa. Almost immediately the states of the Lake launched the Michigan Punitive War.

The Wisconsonites and the Elks rallied the Finnic Yooper tribes to rise up against distant Michigan and built a pontoon bridge to invade the north, where the cities that once enjoyed much more autonomy gladly joined them. Fleets were launched from Lake Erie and Chicago to raze the Commonwealth's shores while Ohioans and Bailey Cowboys marched side by side up the northern border.

Panicking and fearing the total destruction of Michigan, the nobility in Lansing launched a palace coup. Luthor III was replaced with his much more reasonable nephew Ryan (now crowned Ryan I). The damage was already done and Michigan had to sue for a costly peace; Ryan ceded Michigan's claim to Illinois and returned Toledo to Ohio. Wisconsin once again firmly established its influence over the Upper Peninsula. The cities of the north regained their autonomy, as did the cities of Western Ontario. The tolls were lowered and Michigan returned firmly to the number three position, Ohio's dominance over the region once again firmly established.

It's not all bad. The toll may be low but it's still there, and the salt mines of Detroit still floweth over. The inherently reactionary politics of the Great Lakes has seen Pitsberg move towards Michigan out of fear of a resurgent Ohio, though Genesee County and Ontario remain firmly in Ohioan orbit; Michigan's long history of attempted conquest against these territories will not be forgotten any time soon. The drums are beating and whispers can be heard in the courts from Rock Island to Syracuse that a second Great Midwestern War may be on the horizon, one that will determine the fate of the Midwest and finally settle the question of Ohioan supremacy. The only question is; where will Iowa come down in all of this?

Last edited:

tehskyman

Banned
I told you I hoped I was getting it right. I'm not good at spacing.

A Tale to Astonish

In one of the many towns around New York, a mayor had asked and been granted permission from his Lodge to use it to have a party for all under his rule, for the Christmas season. Many tables and chairs had been set and and food for all been shared. The Mayor had made a speech from and for him it had been incredibly brief "My family, my friends, my people. This year God had given us a great harvest and even after the taxes, we have had enough to share. So for this reason I have decided to have this celebration. Plus I have hired a teller of stories for us to listen". In a chair the honored story teller was drinking some spiced wine. He carefully put his wine down and began to speak.

Excelsior! For I have a story from the man known as Lee, as told to him by Those Who Watch. A story of wonder, tale to astonish, a tale of The Six....

Six heroes they were. The spy known as the Lady of Spiders, a archer who could see like a hawk and his aim was ever true. Two who showed what wonders and perils came to those who sought the secrets of the Ancients. One was knight who had learned from careful study how to fly, the other had went into a secret place of the ancients and it had found the anger in his heart, which turned him into a green beast of destruction and rage when it came upon him.

The other two was a warrior of great power who carried a hammer and who could as the Ancients command the lightning. and last but not least was captain who's shield was also a weapon and who had slept for many years after a grievous wound, whose great strength, and great heart awoke him to protect all the lands that were once the rule of The Ancients.

When all were in danger they would be called forth....

Genesee County
Genesee County

dcthysj-6806c05e-4f4d-4124-a4fe-4beca6fbe7cb.png

• System of Government: Feudal Plutocracy
  • Head of State: Count, elected by the Chamber of Commerce from the Feudal Houses
  • Population: 520,000
  • Religion: Non-Denominational
  • Totemic Symbol: Buffalo
Genesee County has risen to a place of respectable power from its humble origins. Positioned as it was between the major cities of Rochester and Buffalo, Genesee played the two off against each other and eventually overtook both in the wake of New York. Genesee established its control over what was once known as the Burned Over Country and - most vitally - it became the gateway to the Great Lakes. Though the nation as a whole may be small, at 80,000 people Buffalo stands proud as one of the largest cities in the nation. In Niagara Square one can hear the chattering tongues of North America in unison trading and haggling.

The Count of Genesee has divorced himself from the politics of the Northeast in favor of the riches of the Lakes. Genesee is per capita the most mercantile state on the Lakes, and it shows in the government; though the Count is generally picked from noble and not mercantile families, the power to elect the Count rests firmly in the hands of the Chamber of Commerce and the merchant interests it represents.

Buffalo is the first and last stop for goods flowing through the Great Lakes. Countless conquests have been attempted; the Quebecois, the New Yorkers, the Ontarians, and most of all the Michiganders. Small as it is, Genesee has been reliant not on brute force but on clever diplomacy to maintain its independence and prosperity. The burghers of Buffalo and Rochester are the shrewdest navigators of the labyrinthine Lake League. They constantly undermine their stronger neighbors; it was Genesee County that has been the most outspoken in favor of the autonomy of Northern Michigan, and the establishment of a friendly quasi-independent Chicago under the allied Daley's has helped to cement their influence. The nation has rotated between a friend-foe relationship with Canadians and the Alleghenians a the politics of the day demand. They are loved by few, but respected by all.

Genesee is also home to the resistance against centralized Nondenominationalism on the Great Lakes. Like many of the Burghers on the shores of the Lakeland, the Geneseean merchants have seen much to like in Lutheranism. Genesee is the national stronghold of Anti-Masonicism, seeing the Masons as a manipulative, unchristian and even demonic entity that ought to be abolished. No Masonic lodges exist within the territory of Genesee and the Churches operate rather differently from the rest of the nation's. This has made them a perpetual headache for Baltimore from both a spiritual and economic perspective, but no solution readily presents itself for the time being.

Last edited:
Could you justify the changes you made to White's version? Also it'd be useful if you could transpose the border alterations to the actual map.

eastmap.png.gif

Ville d'Eau Co. (Watertown) is the descendant of a Quebecker conquest into Northern NY.
The borders of Albany was just a sketch I never refined.

tehskyman

Banned
upload_2018-12-4_0-44-14.png

Imo , those two nations, i.e. Rump Canada and Lake Champlain are the most likely to be invaded by Quebec and become Francicized. Vermont is too mountainous for a successful invasion. This would also be in line with what I wrote for the State of Ontario