Medieval America Mark III

Another Muslim region would be Dearborn, Michigan because it's got the second-highest Muslim population in the US, behind NYC of course. And I've always disliked how ugly the canon map of Islamic Colorado is. Why any medieval state would use straight lines for borders is beyond me.
I was under the impression that most of the Muslims of Dearborn had migrated to the "Promised Land" in Colorado. It was explicitly said that, majority of the population was migrants (with only a "warlord core" being made up of supermax escapees).

And the only reason it had straight borders was because it was built on the county map, because it was used to give a rough impression of the Cowboy Range.

Okay, but what about using the Faith of Seven instead? Game of Thrones is receiving a lot of popularity and I don't think it will end any time soon.
No.

Game of Thrones is not popular enough for an entire religion to sprign up around it, and for all we know its popularity is just a phase in history.

I was under the impression that most of the Muslims of Dearborn had migrated to the "Promised Land" in Colorado. It was explicitly said that, majority of the population was migrants (with only a "warlord core" being made up of supermax escapees).

And the only reason it had straight borders was because it was built on the county map, because it was used to give a rough impression of the Cowboy Range.
We could try to find someone with experience in cartography who can based a new map off of geographic features like rivers. That's more likely than people knowing the county lines nearly a millennia in the future. The Islamic states of Colorado would have access to refugees who fled and fought across a continent and the descendents of radical Islamic fundamentalists. If that's not a recipe for Warriors so fierce they give the Cowboys pause I don't know what would. The strongest of these being the Caliphate of Kuluradu based out of the old Florence ADX prison. The same walls that make it hard to break out make it hard for enemies to break in. 900 years would be enough for the inhabitants to build a nice solid set of perimiter walls to go along with the prison's strong concrete walls.

And I think it might be possible for stories of a "ring of power" to be medieval America's version of the Spear of Destiny. Namely that plenty would claim to own it with no way of knowing which one is "real".

We could try to find someone with experience in cartography who can based a new map off of geographic features like rivers. That's more likely than people knowing the county lines nearly a millennia in the future. The Islamic states of Colorado would have access to refugees who fled and fought across a continent and the descendents of radical Islamic fundamentalists. If that's not a recipe for Warriors so fierce they give the Cowboys pause I don't know what would. The strongest of these being the Caliphate of Kuluradu based out of the old Florence ADX prison. The same walls that make it hard to break out make it hard for enemies to break in. 900 years would be enough for the inhabitants to build a nice solid set of perimiter walls to go along with the prison's strong concrete walls.

And I think it might be possible for stories of a "ring of power" to be medieval America's version of the Spear of Destiny. Namely that plenty would claim to own it with no way of knowing which one is "real".
I mean, I made that map of Columbia. I could do the same for Islamistan.

I'd love for you to make a better map using the rivers of the state of Colorado as a guide. The Islamic states could be the first thing we cover before we cover the Great Plains.

I like my name of "Kuluradu" better. Ultilizing corrupted, or in this case Arabized, versions of pre-Regression names for places adds more flavour to the project. You know what'd be a good name for the former ADX Florence? Osamabad. Because the decendents of the detainees would pass down stories of Bin Laden as a great defender of Islam. Not that I agree with it, it just seems like something the descendents of radical Islamists would do.

Last edited:

tehskyman

Banned

How did you make that map. It was pretty impressive

For the Colorado states if they are where denver is along the front range then they don't really have any geography protecting them from the Cowboy hordes. Of course they can hide behind walls but what good are the walls when winter comes and they don't have food stored up because their fields and villages were put to the torch. If there were Muslim states they'd be hiding in the Colorado mountains, not in the Denver area.

Heres something I drew up real quick, red being the muslim states current position, pink being where states should be

colorado2.png

How did you make that map. It was pretty impressive

For the Colorado states if they are where denver is along the front range then they don't really have any geography protecting them from the Cowboy hordes. Of course they can hide behind walls but what good are the walls when winter comes and they don't have food stored up because their fields and villages were put to the torch. If there were Muslim states they'd be hiding in the Colorado mountains, not in the Denver area.

Heres something I drew up real quick, red being the muslim states current position, pink being where states should be

View attachment 332136
You seem to be mistaken here: the States of Islamistan are described in regions behind the mountains, and as far as I can tell depicted as such.

You seem to be mistaken here: the States of Islamistan are described in regions behind the mountains, and as far as I can tell depicted as such.

The map he gave you is a good jumping-off point for a map of the states of Islamistan. "Islamistan" could be the outsider's name for this little slice of the Islamic World as a whole, and the actual countries could have their own names. I still think that the state based out of ADX Florence should be the most powerful Islamic state in the region. Naturally the prison would have changed much over the centuries as it goes from detention centre to capital of a powerful Islamic Caliphate. Would the Muslims remember to bow towards Mecca or would they bow towards the Caliph in "Osamabad"/Florence?

tehskyman

Banned
The map he gave you is a good jumping-off point for a map of the states of Islamistan. "Islamistan" could be the outsider's name for this little slice of the Islamic World as a whole, and the actual countries could have their own names. I still think that the state based out of ADX Florence should be the most powerful Islamic state in the region. Naturally the prison would have changed much over the centuries as it goes from detention centre to capital of a powerful Islamic Caliphate. Would the Muslims remember to bow towards Mecca or would they bow towards the Caliph in "Osamabad"/Florence?

Would they even know where mecca is?

Would they even know where mecca is?
That answers my question. It's ironic that they'd be bowing five times a day towards a facility that imprisoned their ancestors.
Part of the original idea was that, in a mirror of the actual middle ages, the states of Islamistan would be significantly more advanced than the surrounding states. I would think a part of this would be a good knowledge of astronomy, and orienting themselves towards Mecca. And besides, I'm sure those locked in the supermax pray towards Mecca- I think its unlikely they would "forget".

Part of the original idea was that, in a mirror of the actual middle ages, the states of Islamistan would be significantly more advanced than the surrounding states. I would think a part of this would be a good knowledge of astronomy, and orienting themselves towards Mecca. And besides, I'm sure those locked in the supermax pray towards Mecca- I think its unlikely they would "forget".
Makes sense. That'd be part of the reason, other than geology, that they were able to hold off the Cowoys to the East and the Mormons to the West. They might even have cannons defending the walls of their cities. We should cover them after Laska and before the Great Plains.

Makes sense. That'd be part of the reason, other than geology, that they were able to hold off the Cowoys to the East and the Mormons to the West. They might even have cannons defending the walls of their cities. We should cover them after Laska and before the Great Plains.
I think its a part of the great plains.

The New Mexican civilization also deserves a lot more recognition. I believe that there was only a single post about the country in the OP. I also don't know much about how medieval societies function but many of you people have written extensive posts about the cities of Medieval America.

Last edited:
Are we going to talk about the four main players in Laska, namely the Governor, President, City Council and Admiral, or are we moving on to Islamistan?

Are we going to talk about the four main players in Laska, namely the Governor, President, City Council and Admiral, or are we moving on to Islamistan?
I started writing a post on the Republic of Laska (the Ankrage-based Presidency), but ran out of steam. May get it finished later.

Beyond that, the only post that NEEDS to be done is the "Here There Be Monsters" post for the Sasquatch.

I started writing a post on the Republic of Laska (the Ankrage-based Presidency), but ran out of steam. May get it finished later.

Beyond that, the only post that NEEDS to be done is the "Here There Be Monsters" post for the Sasquatch.
Could you start a conversation with me about it? We could bounce ideas off each other and I can help you write it faster. This is a collaborative project, after all.