Medieval America Mark III

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by Flashman, Jun 21, 2017.

1. HonestAbe1809 Abraham Lincoln 2020

With subtly different hairstyles differentiating the Knightly orders.

2. tehskyman Engineer for the money

[​IMG]

Hair gel becomes beeswax or tree sap. Stinking knights with wild braids charging at you. What a sight to see

terranova210486 and pattontank12 like this.
  3. tehskyman Engineer for the money

Also with the presence of african american blood within the wider american population, curled hair should be more common in Medieval America than in Medieval Europe. You might see southern knights with afros/ afro-textured hair running around whipping peasants.

terranova210486 likes this.
  4. tehskyman Engineer for the money

Do camels roam the American desert?

5. Flashman A Real Go-Getter

It was discussed in the last thread, and the answer is yes. In fact I believe i may have made a few references to "Camel-Jockeys" in this thread.

terranova210486 and CountofDooku like this.
  6. pattontank12 Better Dead than Red!

One idea: A big thing that sets medieval American armor apart from their European counterparts is that they used scavenged washer rings for creating mail armor with smiths continuing with the design to this day.

suul'ken likes this.
  7. JRogyRogy Well-Known Member

Idea seed: what has become of urban criminal gangs in this world? Could be cool to imagine how they might have changed over time

HonestAbe1809 likes this.
  8. Richard Drummond Well-Known Member

I'm imagining they got mostly decimated with the collapse of the influence of the cities. I know the mafia become nobles in New Jersey but other groups like the Crips probably got wrecked.

HonestAbe1809 likes this.
  9. pattontank12 Better Dead than Red!

Any possibility of there being merchants who specialize in the selling and trading of ancient plastics? Of scavenged from thousand year old land fills.

Richard Drummond likes this.
  10. Nuntius New Member

Little late to the party but what did he do get banned, I've been working on maps for the various nations in this thread as a project for College and wanted to find out before I posted them in case you guys have rules against it.

+ Vornado + Flashman

11. tehskyman Engineer for the money

probably not? if only because it brings up uncomfortable questions about the nature of the regression

12. Flashman A Real Go-Getter

Why would we have rules against that? By all means!

I stopped making maps because the Cascadia one was getting too complex and I never finished it. I decided to simplify it somewhat, but now I don't have access to a computer with InkScape

13. Nuntius New Member

Alright, Ill add them as soon as I finish the Project, thanks for responding so promptly

Contrary likes this.
  14. KeeCoyote Well-Known Member

Inkscape can be used on macs linux and windows. and free to download and use? So no excuse.

15. Richard Drummond Well-Known Member

He was a sockpuppet so he got banned.

16. SgtRL-3 Well-Known Member

One question: is there any kind of Trans-Atlantic connection between North America and Europe/Africa?

17. tehskyman Engineer for the money

Probably. American fishermen sometimes get swept to Europe. This happens with some regularity. There might be contact via Newfoundland <-> Greenland <-> Iceland <-> Europe i.e. the Norse Route.

18. Flashman A Real Go-Getter

While OP is still not updated, it has been cleaned up quite nicely and a few broken links have been fixed.

19. Richard Drummond Well-Known Member

Nice

20. Flashman A Real Go-Getter

Rejoice! At long last, OP has been updated

terranova210486 likes this.