Medieval America Co-op Project

Well, the jist of it is we each pick an area in the Medieval America and write a sort of slice-of-life or minor major plot. For example for the PNW I was thinking of writing from the view of Warrior Monk traveling and fighting Mormons/Bandits.

I know this is more than a month old, but I think that suggests that this thing is dead. It's got a bit too incoherent and disorganised, to be honest.

My suggestion is to make a brand new thread with a brand new title; it's a world project, after all.

In the first post, give a link to this thread, a brief outline of the background. We don't have to be specific on what caused the apocalypse, but can we at least give some hints as to what direction it took: Was it a slow decline or an instant dissolution? Do memories of that time exist as history, legends, or is it forgotten altogether? Did we see large scale population movements?

The answer to these questions doesn't really matter; it just gives a framework to build with.

As a side note, please can we have a name for the apocalypse? I used the term Regression, which I think fits nicely.

Having two threads, a discussion thread and a submissions thread, would really help.

Also, I think we should hold off on posting any nations until we have a discussion in the discussion thread on several key issues, namely:

-How wide a range of political systems exist in this world? Does democracy still exist on a level above the city-state? (I can see it survivng in Australia and New Zealand, for example)
-How much Trans-Atlantic travel is there, or Trans-Pacific? Is there none at all, with the americas once again cut off from the rest of the world?
-Linked to the one above, what exact kind of tech level are we talking about. 'Medieval' can refer to anything between around 800 and 1500 AD, and a lot changed in that time. Maritime technology in particular needs to be considered. Is this world soon to see gunpowder, or does it have it in limited use already?
-What relics have survived of the past? The Pyramids will still be there, as will Mount Rushmore; but for everything in between, what is it like? Certain cities, if they became overgrown, would become pretty impassable. Do any bridges remain usable?

Finally, for the love of god, can people please give a bit more than a sentence describing each nation? At the very least, talk about it's relationship to it's neighbours and where it is in power/economic rankings. Just so we can get an idea of how the world meshes together.

That's what I think we should do. Feel free to take it or leave it.
Very well. I'll look into setting up a discussion thread at the end of the week.