MCXII - Map 1 - Europe

Map Continuation XII

Map 1 - Europe

Welcome, one and all, to the next evolution (??!?!) of Map Continuation.

Our aim is to start with maps. From a point of divergence of 1399, we will first create the countries, then develop a rich and realistic world around them. This is not a nation game - there will be no roleplay. This is not ASB - anything that could not happen, should not happen.

That said, history could and should be completely different to our world today.

The PoD is 1399. The current time period is 1900, so colonies will likely be all around.

The moderators are Gandavian, ImmortalImpi and myself. We have the right to modify borders where we believe it will improve the map, and we have the right to smite the unworthy from the face of the world. Grayed out areas on the maps are other continents, and cannot be claimed. Borders should be black and one pixel thick. File must be saved as a .png. Dot not post a map until the claim above you has been posted, unless the claim specifies an area where you won't interfere.

Let the map continuation begin! To kick it off I'll claim the first nation:

The Grand Duchy of Brittany and Normandy.

Commonly known as just Brittany, it was a Breton explorer who made the first documented discovery of the Americas, and the Bretons were therefore able to get some colonies. But in recent times, revolutions and the ambitions of other nations have reduced it's impact in politics, and only a few small holdings remain. The Montforts remain in power in a Constitutional Monarchy.

N3eAT.png

Last edited:
I think it would be nice if France and Great Britain England were divided for this one. It would give an opportunity for other nations to thrive for a change.

Grand Republic of Wales

OgL7t.png

The Swiss Confederacy

Founded in 1307 as an alliance between the cantons of Uri, Schwyz and Unterwalden, the Confederacy has long maintained its independence--first from the Holy Roman Empire, then from other states.

N3eAT.png

The Republic of Burgundy

Note : I saw Brittany was missing its historical areas in the South, I gave them claims there along with a bit of reasonable territory in Anjou, Perhaps they just lost a war? If you want it removed that is fine, I only had them claim Burgundian territory.

Burgundy PNG.png

If that's how public opinion has swayed, then let it be so: wait for the previous claim to be posted before posting your own. Unless the claim denotes a specific area where your country will not interfere.

The Crown of Aragon

Remaining sovereign over the course of time, the Crown of Aragon survived albeit weakened. Some minor colonization attempts have been made.

PS: I had this "in the works" since the thread started, so I missed the remaining states.

Aragone.png

The Crown of Aragon

Remaining sovereign over the course of time, the Crown of Aragon survived albeit weakened. Some minor colonization attempts have been made.
OOC: I think we should restart and reinstate claims...three maps are here already, and while none of them conflict yet, I think it would be a good idea.

OOC: I think we should restart and reinstate claims...three maps are here already, and while none of them conflict yet, I think it would be a good idea.

OOC: No, I would prefer not to. If everyone would wait one second, I will overlay Aragon onto the current map.

I'm going to post a unified map. Nobody claim or post until I post it.

EDIT: Looks like someone else had the same idea before my page refreshed :p