May I market my new book on this forum?

Discussion in 'Help and Rules' started by Nick Sumner, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Nick Sumner Sardauna of Novalea

Hi alternatehistory.com admins

Some years ago I began an alternate history story which was titled The Dark Colossus. I posted it here and on several other message boards with fiction sections, but it was never finished. I’m happy to report that it’s been re-written, renamed (it is now called Drake’s Drum) and is going to be released in three parts as a book and an e-book by Sea Lion Press.

The first part is coming out in the next couple of weeks. It will be called Drake’s Drum: The Peace of Amiens. The second part Drake’s Drum: The Reckoning is complete and will follow on next year (or possibly sooner). The third book, Drake’s Drum: The Horizon of Our Hopes is nearly finished and should be released in 2021.

I am writing to ask if I may post about the book in the Books and Media section. I ask because, obviously, my purpose in this is commercial gain, but The content would be appropriate to the forum and I believe it would interest and entertain your members even if they didn’t buy the book.

I would not attempt any hard selling. Instead I would adopt a subtle marketing approach using photoshopped images, as well as monographs on ships, vehicles and aircraft from the Drake’s Drum timeline. I would also post links to the book’s marketing websites.

I hope this is acceptable. I am happy to provide examples of the sort of images and other material I hope to post if you wish to see them before making a decision.

Nick Sumner

2. CalBear Your Ursus arctos californicus Moderator Moderator Donor

The proper method is to put a link into your sig. (see mine as an example).

Ig you have already posted an established T/L here related to the book you can (say you started it here and then decided to publish) you can post in the already established thread to announce that it is now available.

Those are the only options.

Best of luck with the project.

3. Nick Sumner Sardauna of Novalea

Thank you!

4. King_Arthur The Once and Present King

@Nick Sumner there is also a thread in AH books and media about upcoming AH books. You can probably post there too but check with CalBear first.