Massively Multiplayer: Gaming In The New Millennium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, is Game of Thrones still a thing here or is the ASoIaF game an adaptation of the books instead? Speaking of the books, are there any differences between their real life versions and their alternate versions?

Game Of Thrones isn't, HBO is spending all the money that would have gone into that on Finalwar. It'll remain a book (and now game) only thing, at least for now. As for differences between the OTL and TTL books... there are surprisingly few differences.

The Nexus sounds cool, kinda like a Google-fied version of the Switch; too bad this means that Google will soon know more about several million people than the fucking Stasi, if they're up to no good even here...

There's a reason the Nexus is so comparatively cheap...

It’s interesting that most of the huge animated shows from this decade have become video games.... but that only makes we wonder about other shows: Steven Universe, Star Vs, OK KO, the list goes on. And this doesn’t even mention the fandoms each show has or had.

Steven Universe will exist (even without Adventure Time existing, Rebecca Sugar got work on TTL's Legend Of Korra), Star Vs. is still up in the air (but might end up different, thanks to Rachael MacFarlane's Star Girl: Middle School Superhero), and OK KO is probably up in the air too.

Regarding the Nintendo keynote: throwing in this world's versions of Final Fantasy XIII, Fallout 3, and Metal Gear Solid III into one trailer?

Well, Fallout 3 has already been out, so that was just a port announcement. Metal Gear Solid III had also been announced and has been getting hype for a year and a half, so again, just a port announcement. The only "big" port announcement out of that was Final Fantasy XIII, which was intended to be one of the "holy shit" moments of the trailer.

Rysenkia Does the game have a name yet. I will be willing to help you come up with one if you will pm some plot points so I can think of something fitting

It doesn't have a name, but I'll be coming up with the details on that game.

Game Of Thrones isn't, HBO is spending all the money that would have gone into that on Finalwar. It'll remain a book (and now game) only thing, at least for now. As for differences between the OTL and TTL books... there are surprisingly few differences.

I hope the lack of a TV series means that GRRM is more focused on finishing the book series instead; right now, I wouldn't be surprised if ASoIaF went the way of Haruhi: from an almost unheard of book series to an incredibly popular TV series, that eventually experiences such massive backlash, due to bad choices made by the people behind the adaptation, to make the original author put it on hold for good.

There's a reason the Nexus is so comparatively cheap...

Steven Universe will exist (even without Adventure Time existing, Rebecca Sugar got work on TTL's Legend Of Korra), Star Vs. is still up in the air (but might end up different, thanks to Rachael MacFarlane's Star Girl: Middle School Superhero), and OK KO is probably up in the air too.

Well, Fallout 3 has already been out, so that was just a port announcement. Metal Gear Solid III had also been announced and has been getting hype for a year and a half, so again, just a port announcement. The only "big" port announcement out of that was Final Fantasy XIII, which was intended to be one of the "holy shit" moments of the trailer.

It doesn't have a name, but I'll be coming up with the details on that game.

I hope I won't regret saying the following. If you are having trouble coming up with a plot for the Teccmo rpg you may want look though old private message for rpg game suggestions you never used. There a good chance that I am not the only person who has given you an RPG suggestion. Also Secret of the Stars was a satirical RPG and you said that the new Teccmo RPG was a game like Secret of the Stars so I assume that you mean the unnamed RPG is supposed to be a satirical RPG. I got two ideas for a satirical RPG you could use. One is called Mystifed or Profoundly Mystifeid and the other is called the Unchosen One or Nor the Chosen One. If need some help remembering those sugestions just ask me and I will PM you a referser.

I hope I won't regret saying the following. If you are having trouble coming up with a plot for the Teccmo rpg you may want look though old private message for rpg game suggestions you never used. There a good chance that I am not the only person who has given you an RPG suggestion. Also Secret of the Stars was a satirical RPG and you said that the new Teccmo RPG was a game like Secret of the Stars so I assume that you mean the unnamed RPG is supposed to be a satirical RPG. I got two ideas for a satirical RPG you could use. One is called Mystifed or Profoundly Mystifeid and the other is called the Unchosen One or Nor the Chosen One. If need some help remembering those sugestions just ask me and I will PM you a referser.

Profoundly Mystified is already on the schedule of upcoming games for April 2013, it's not the Tecmo game.

The Tecmo game isn't likely to be a major game, it may not even be mentioned beyond this E3 (since we're covering fewer and fewer games in the timeline now). That's why we've been taking less user suggestions, since there's less room for them now with the lesser amount of games we're covering.

So Apple is making a black box with a camera that traxks you to create new gameplay experiences and costs $500? This may be OTL E3 2013 flashbacks but I don't like the sound of the Virtua. Granted it doesn't have the XB1's worst planned features but doesn't seem like something I'd get excited for ITTL. Nexus sounds a lot more exciting at that price point and with a handheld packed in, 2012 me would have been hyped for that ITTL. 2019 me knows better and would never buy a Google product, but despite its low number of exclusives the machine itself seems neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.