Massively Multiplayer: Gaming In The New Millennium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I was referring to the upcoming iTwin indie games that will feature SEGA's properties. Speaking of which, would there be a chance that the Sonic game you mentioned could be TTL's version of Sonic Mania, but earlier?

Yes.

Edit: But remember alts, this isn't like otl where sonic team has neglected the 2d era outright. We have 2 great 2d sonic games on the ipod play and the iPhone. Whoever's making Sonic indie is either going to have to reinvent the wheel on how classic sonic works a la a freedom planet kind of project or do the classic formula better a la otl mania.

Last edited:
Yes.

Edit: But remember alts, this isn't like otl where sonic team has neglected the 2d era outright. We have 2 great 2d sonic games on the ipod play and the iPhone. Whoever's making Sonic indie is either going to have to reinvent the wheel on how classic sonic works a la a freedom planet kind of project or do the classic formula better a la otl mania.

In that case, bring it on!

I had a idea for a fictional rockmentary of the 1990s, titled "The Seattle Sound" and a somewhat TV doco countdown list called "Top 10 Musical Moments of the 1990s".

Anyone interested?

@RySenkari: I'm planning on bringing a reboot of Lemmings into this ATL, unless that's outside the scope of this.

It's a completely new continuity for the game, a clean-slate reboot, if that is of any interest.

Before I publish any review of it written in an in-universe style,I thought i'd check.

@RySenkari: I'm planning on bringing a reboot of Lemmings into this ATL, unless that's outside the scope of this.

It's a completely new continuity for the game, a clean-slate reboot, if that is of any interest.

Before I publish any review of it written in an in-universe style,I thought i'd check.

Lemmings is still owned by the (newly re-independent) Psygnosis, so that COULD be a good project for the company to pursue. Let us know what you have in mind for the game before going forward.

What are the guys behind Eddsworld and Dick Figures doing ITTL?

Hmm... I've never heard of either of those things before, so I really can't say too much about what they might be doing ITTL because I've never really thought much about it. It's possible neither one of those changes much from OTL.

Lemmings is still owned by the (newly re-independent) Psygnosis, so that COULD be a good project for the company to pursue. Let us know what you have in mind for the game before going forward.

@RySenkari: The new game is a reboot of the Lemmings franchise, with the title Lemmings Revolution (recycled title, from 2000 game Lemmings Revolution).

In this continuity, the Lemmings homeworld is largely unproductive and affected by natural disaster, and a mad Communist king Lemming who is pseudo-Stalin/Putin-istic, so they decide to flee (a much darker and edgier Lemmings than usual).

There are four types of Lemmings:

Regular lemmings (Green hair, blue body and cannot walk on water or acid. They can only walk on water or acid with special equipment). These are equivalent to the lowest class in our society; in the Lemming world they're the farmers, the factory workers...

Water lemmings (Blue hair, white nightshirts, can walk on water). These lemmings enjoy the outside world, nature and food.

Acid lemmings (Red hair, green shirts, can walk on acid). The individualists of the species, they fled upon the new king coming into power, threatening his communism.

Lava lemmings (Green hair, orange shirts, can walk on water, acid and lava). These are the lemmings who are the most risk-taking and can survive lava. To them, spices and spicy food is heaven. Real-world equivalent to Indians who deal in food and Indian shops (in-universe).

Hybrid lemmings: A cross between any of the two or three species, these can walk on water, acid and lava with no ill effect.

Unlike previous iterations of the game, the Lemmings also have to use equipment to get themselves through each level, and avoid the following hazards:

Buzzards, vultures, falcons: They're out to catch their next meal, a Lemming, and aren't evil as such, it's just in their nature.

Dandelions: These look fluffy, but if you catch the dandelion clock your lemmings go delirious from it and may die!

Acid/lava pools: Unless you're a hybrid or lava lemming, you'll die. These can be bridged over though.
Doors: Seen in medieval levels, don't try to open these.

Magic mushrooms: Based on Boletus real-world mushrooms, these look like a tasty meal for a Lemming, but don't guide them to pick one up, as they'll cause the lemming to go red and die!

Hypno-lights: Modelled on the Anglo-Dutch Philips-WRTL 2600 post-top 5m streetlight seen in England and the Netherlands, this streetlight can make lemmings "Blinded By The Light" to quote Mannfred Mann's song.Image link here: https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10515/normal_street-07.jpg

New skills introduced in this game include:

• Mountaineer: Different to the climber skill, it gives each lemming mountaineering equipment for the tough hazards.
  • Springbok: Special shoes (parody of Reebok) that give them ability to bounce over hazards.
  • Water/lava hazard kit: Much like real-world radiation hazard kit, but only found sparingly.
  • FlashLem: Super-speed for Lemmings, can be got from where a Lightning bolt sign is seen.
  • Musician: Can be used to distract buzzards and vultures.
  • Medico: Pick up this bottle and it can just save your lemmings from magic mushrooms or dandelions.
  • Athlete: Combination of climber, floater and basher in one skillset.
There are several worlds, which it takes place in, with levels in random order for world. Worlds are:
  1. Maze: Garden maze. Blue clear sky, sun in sky. Stone maze levels with teleporters and platforms.
  2. Wuxia: Reminiscent of ancient China. Varied sun in sky. High platform and mountain
  3. Space: Think of the film Her or 2001: A Space Odyssey. Backgrounds vary. Ships with airlock mostly.
  4. City Limits: Streets lit by (in-universe) Thorn Beta 5, Thorn Gamma 6 or WRTL 2600 streetlights on 5m metal posts (look these up on Google images). Clouds and sun in sky. Varies in nature.
  5. Lemmings Revolution: A nod to the 2001 game, and dark and edgy.
  6. Circus: Stadia, platform. Sky varies. Mainly platforms and slippery ice.
  7. Army: U.S. Army or British Army. Varied weather. Mud and steps.
  8. America: Varied American landscapes, weather. Main hazards are either buzzards or urban
  9. Computer: Trapped inside the computer. Electrics are hazard.
  10. Medieval: Stone and castle. Cloudy sky with some sun. Has openable doors that can be hazards.
https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10515/normal_street-07.jpg

Hmmm, something like that I think might work best as an eighth-gen game that could come out some time in 2013, but I do like the idea of it. Think it should be a console exclusive or a multiplat?

Hmm... I've never heard of either of those things before, so I really can't say too much about what they might be doing ITTL because I've never really thought much about it. It's possible neither one of those changes much from OTL.
What about Pewdiepie, Markiplier, or Jacksepticeye?

What about Pewdiepie, Markiplier, or Jacksepticeye?

Markiplier is already pretty famous ITTL, winning an MTV Video Game Award for his videos and streams.

Pewdiepie and Jacksepticeye also have a chance of showing up later in the timeline. I think maybe we'll see one of them get famous and the other one end up doing a desk job or something, but I'll decide which one as the timeline progresses.

Markiplier is already pretty famous ITTL, winning an MTV Video Game Award for his videos and streams.

Pewdiepie and Jacksepticeye also have a chance of showing up later in the timeline. I think maybe we'll see one of them get famous and the other one end up doing a desk job or something, but I'll decide which one as the timeline progresses.
Huh...I assumed that Mark went with his pre-Yotube plans and became a biomedical engineer.

Last edited:

Gian

Banned
Well @RySenkari, I forgot to mention that we're just around the time when two of its teams (the Arizona Coyotes and the Atlanta Thrashers) both had serious financial problems (with the latter eventually moving to Winnipeg to become the second Jets). Does this still happen in OTL? Or perhaps both teams move (with the Thrashers to Quebec City), or is it all just butterflied away and both teams stay put?

https://twitter.com/kazzykazycom/status/1112155813391433729 From Thing OTL forgot almost are ATL

Well @RySenkari, I forgot to mention that we're just around the time when two of its teams (the Arizona Coyotes and the Atlanta Thrashers) both had serious financial problems (with the latter eventually moving to Winnipeg to become the second Jets). Does this still happen in OTL? Or perhaps both teams move (with the Thrashers to Quebec City), or is it all just butterflied away and both teams stay put?
Sadly i only become a hockey fan thanks Urinatingtree and should start to watch it soon, maybe ry know..if not...dunno, maybe coyotes would be more sucessful or atlanta and the other move.

Status
Not open for further replies.