Massively Multiplayer: Gaming In The New Millennium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Star Trek Online

(Authors' Note: The idea for the Massively Multiplayer version of Star Trek Online was originally given to us by Paradox-less, though he initially proposed the game as an offline RPG.)

My idea was to make a game that mixed the ground action of Elite Force and the ship-to-ship combat of Bridge Commander. Great work Ry!

I don't think WoW will be as successful as in OTL, since I think there might be more competition, but I don't think it'll be a flop, either.

Anyway, what does that deal between Apple and Sega mean? Will Apple begin to make games for Sega's consoles, or...?

Anyway, what does that deal between Apple and Sega mean? Will Apple begin to make games for Sega's consoles, or...?

Apple made an offer to buy Sega's game division.

I imagine E3 would look like this if Steve and Reggie shared the stage...

Last edited:
I personally don't mind WoW being successful in this timeline. Hopefully, the increased competition would simply make WoW not be the unstoppable juggernaut dominating the market.

Steve Jobs taking over Sega? That's a gamechanger....

Also, regarding Gundam stuff, did G Gundam ever make the leap to the states?
G Gundam IIRC might not have been localize, might get a chance after Gundam Soul Sucess proved audience might be open non traditional(UC or Wing) based gundam, and it will take time till next gundam series so migth get a chance, how would fare that might come later.

Steve Jobs taking over Sega? That's a gamechanger....

Also, regarding Gundam stuff, did G Gundam ever make the leap to the states?

G Gundam is coming to Toonami in 2004.

Oh, also, I'm hoping to cover the 2002 baseball playoffs in a bonus update this weekend. It won't be all that detailed, but I'll at least give the results of every series.

So it turns out, per the International Financial Law Review, that foreigners buying Japanese companies is indeed possible.

Well, if you can't trust random strangers on the Internet, then who can you trust?

The most logical thing that Apple will try to do seems to be what has already been hinted at: an asset sale which will prevent Apple from assuming many of the liabilities that Sega is currently saddled with though others may try different strategies.

Also, this particular case may've been an exception, because SErvice GAmes inc. was originally an American company that got sold to Japanese investors, eventually being completely transferred to Japanese ownership and headquarters. @Nevermore's discovery renders it a moot point, but it could've been a stance for Apple to take if there had been any issues.

Also, this particular case may've been an exception, because SErvice GAmes inc. was originally an American company that got sold to Japanese investors, eventually being completely transferred to Japanese ownership and headquarters. @Nevermore's discovery renders it a moot point, but it could've been a stance for Apple to take if there had been any issues.

Yeah, I had considered that after posting my question last week but I thought the matter was even more legally murky so I decided not to bring it up before I got an answer over whether or not the sale to Jobs would be legal.

Can we also take a moment to summarize Sega ITTL? It started out as a slot machine company founded by World War II vets, sold to an American conglomerate headed by an Austrian immigrant where it became a arcade company, bought by a Japanese businessman, absorbed one of Japan's largest toy manufacturers, and now are poised to be owned by a partially Middle Eastern Buddhist who owns one of the world's largest and successful computer corporations.

What a storied company. :p

Last edited:
Also, I hope Nickelback never gets formed or it is killed in the cradle, since these days the band are hated by people and critics as a formulaic, unoriginal, studio based band with mediocre musical numbers and lyrics.

Also, I hope Nickelback never gets formed or it is killed in the cradle, since these days the band are hated by people and critics as a formulaic, unoriginal, studio based band with mediocre musical numbers and lyrics.

The internet would just find another band to hate instead.

Nickelback has already had a #1 song, so yeah, they're still pretty big ITTL.

Nickelback has already had a #1 song, so yeah, they're still pretty big ITTL.
Bollocks.

Hope NB still get kicked around harshly by both the internet and critics and be the poster boy for mediocre, misogynistic, formulaic, unoriginal, bland commerical rock though. Before this, I thought they were just another band, but seeing the blandness of their songs convinced me otherwise.

And for some reason people kept buying the records even though all the songs sounded similar to one another. Even current music today (which the internet nostalgia crowd hates with a passion IOTL) sounds more unique than NB back in 2002.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.