Mario Goes Hollywood: A Collaborative Timeline

Alright, guys! I have a solution! That solution is actually going to be to delay Tomb Raider and MK: Devastation! The logic here is simple enough; Contra 3 is huge. It's the third of a trilogy starring Arnold and Stallone, both movies were big box office films and so competing against it would be super risky for either one. Tomb Raider doesn't have any film presence yet and Mortal Kombat is at risk since it shoots for the same adult market that Contra courts. So, we move Devastation to a December release (MK: Annihilation had done well releasing in November, so this is a safer bet) while we push Tomb Raider to a 2002 release.

Alright, guys! I have a solution! That solution is actually going to be to delay Tomb Raider and MK: Devastation! The logic here is simple enough; Contra 3 is huge. It's the third of a trilogy starring Arnold and Stallone, both movies were big box office films and so competing against it would be super risky for either one. Tomb Raider doesn't have any film presence yet and Mortal Kombat is at risk since it shoots for the same adult market that Contra courts. So, we move Devastation to a December release (MK: Annihilation had done well releasing in November, so this is a safer bet) while we push Tomb Raider to a 2002 release.
That's actually a pretty logical solution! If only real hollywood execs were this smart...

That works for me. On the gaming front, I have the technical specs for almost all of the 7th gen consoles done. All that's left to do is Apple's Project Trojan.

Alright, so Contra 3. The major players (Arnold, Sly, Uma and Karl) will be returning and we got our big bad, Gava. Our main issue is figuring a budget for this bad boy as it's gonna be mainly a lot of shooting at special effects. Big setpieces for Kimkoh, Java and Gava since there aren't any human villains left to fight.

Edit: Well, alright, we can add one new character. Shattered Soldier isn't due to release until 2002, but I can see them introducing Lucia in this movie as a way to cross-promote an upcomaing game.

Last edited:
Alright, so Contra 3. The major players (Arnold, Sly, Uma and Karl) will be returning and we got our big bad, Gava. Our main issue is figuring a budget for this bad boy as it's gonna be mainly a lot of shooting at special effects. Big setpieces for Kimkoh, Java and Gava since there aren't any human villains left to fight.

Edit: Well, alright, we can add one new character. Shattered Soldier isn't due to release until 2002, but I can see them introducing Lucia in this movie as a way to cross-promote an upcomaing game.

At the very least, we're going to have to double what Contra 2 had for its budget: at least $350 million and at most $600 million. Also, I'll add Shattered Soldier to the list of major releases.

I like her long haired look. It reminds me of Lucy Liu.

Hell, she can actually play her! And she had big name value in the early 00s, too!

Sorry for the long post, but i've been listening to 2 hours compilations of relaxing/ambient silent hill music, and it made me think about the clock tower movie.

Now, i know that i'm changing the style of the story from occult stuff to more silent hill-type horror, but, actually, silent hill isn't just horror. Sure, there are scary moments, but it's not scary as much as it's that feeling of dread, of hopelessness that makes you scared. And then, all the scary moments are followed by beautiful, soothing moments of reflections and introspection, with subtle, emotional acting (well, some argue that SH2's voice acting sounds awkward, but, oddly enough, the awkward acting actually adds even more naturalism to the scenes.) and small, but thoughtful dialogues , with some really beautiful ambient music and piano pieces.

that's what i'm trying to achieve with the clock tower movie. I find the intimate setting, the small cast of characters, their blank slate when it comes to their personalities and relationships to be perfect to try out this style. I can just imagine the atmospheric organs playing during a scene with anna finding herself all alone in a dark, empty room after her attempts at being the alpha female led to the death of laura and the other girls being alienated from her, or a soft piano melody playing during the scene where charlotte tells Jennifer of her life, struggles and uncertainties, and the keyboard doing an ominous drone upon jennifer discovering the PT-Style Fetus of mary and Simon's unborn baby that replace the giant baby from the original game, or a somber piano piece during the scene of Mark hamill as simon barrows doing his sadness-tinted version of an hannibal lecter-style speech when he tells jennifer of the "cradle under the stars" and his abusive relationship with Mary, or maybe even feeling sad for scissorman, as he was mainly a product of Mary's abuse or something like that.

Yeah, i'm thinking way too much about a movie that doesn't even exist, like it was my baby or something LOL.

But, really, the reason why i'm doing this is because no horror movie has ever truly captured the silent hill feel. The closest i've seen was the swedish movie Let the right one in.

Last edited:
Sorry for the long post, but i've been listening to 2 hours compilations of relaxing/ambient silent hill music, and it made me think about the clock tower movie.

Now, i know that i'm changing the style of the story from occult stuff to more silent hill-type horror, but, actually, silent hill isn't just horror. Sure, there are scary moments, but it's not scary as much as it's that feeling of dread, of hopelessness that makes you scared. And then, all the scary moments are followed by beautiful, soothing moments of reflections and introspection, with subtle, emotional acting (well, some argue that SH2's voice acting sounds awkward, but, oddly enough, the awkward acting actually adds even more naturalism to the scenes.) and small, but thoughtful dialogues , with some really beautiful ambient music and piano pieces.

that's what i'm trying to achieve with the clock tower movie. I find the intimate setting, the small cast of characters, their blank slate when it comes to their personalities and relationships to be perfect to try out this style. I can just imagine the atmospheric organs playing during a scene with anna finding herself all alone in a dark, empty room after her attempts at being the alpha female led to the death of laura and the other girls being alienated from her, or a soft piano melody playing during the scene where charlotte tells Jennifer of her life, struggles and uncertainties, and the keyboard doing an ominous drone upon jennifer discovering the PT-Style Fetus of mary and Simon's unborn baby that replace the giant baby from the original game, or a somber piano piece during the scene of Mark hamill as simon barrows doing his sadness-tinted version of an hannibal lecter-style speech when he tells jennifer of the "cradle under the stars" and his abusive relationship with Mary, or maybe even feeling sad for scissorman, as he was mainly a product of Mary's abuse or something like that.

Yeah, i'm thinking way too much about a movie that doesn't even exist, like it was my baby or something LOL.

But, really, the reason why i'm doing this is because no horror movie has ever truly captured the silent hill feel. The closest i've seen was the swedish movie Let the right one in.
The way you're going about it potentially have ripple effects on Silent Hill both for the game and the movie. I got the feeling that those who see clocktower will make the comparison which could lead to a divergence for Team Silent's development of 3 and The Room.

The problem is with mary barrows. Like, i fleshed out all the other characters, and turned Scissorman into more of a tragic villain, but mary...it's like i have no idea about her. With all the other characters being deeply flawed, but you still end up feeling sympathetic for them when shit hits them, mary still remains rather villainous. sure, she is the villain, after all, and obviously, the fact she's the villain will be revealed in a more subtle way, but is there anything else i can add to her character that can add more depth? Or her staying the manipulative villain can actually work?