Mario Goes Hollywood: A Collaborative Timeline

I know, but what I'm proposing is essentially Rare Kart coming out as a launch title for the Gamecube, with no animal buddies being used as carts (for now).
That is a considerable butterfly, DKR did was a good seller for rare..they need something very good to fill that gap them

That is a considerable butterfly, DKR did was a good seller for rare..they need something very good to fill that gap them
Well we already do, because Tim has not scuttled Dream to restart from scratch could it come out by Christmas 97?

If not, here's a tentative release schedule for rare between 97-01:

97: Blast Corps, Goldeneye, Dream: LOG (Ultra NES), Donkey Kong Land III (GBC).
98: Ultra Donkey Kong Country ( a merger of og 64 and Returns in terms of gameplay where its a sandbox/hallway platformer where King K. Rool frees the Tikitrap tribe and the kongs (Donkey, Diddy, Dixie, Cranky, and Funky) have to stop them with their fruit weapons (Ultra NES).
99: Killer Instinct 3D (Ultra NES), Jet Force Gemini (Ultra NES), Battletoads (GBC)-a port of the original game with more reasonable difficulty
00: Dinosaur Planet, Dream: The Isle of Hags, Perfect Dark (Ultra NES),
01: Conker's Twelve Tales (Ultra NES), Perfect Dark Intellegence (GBC)
02: Pro-AM Racing (GC), Donkey Kong Country (GBA)

Last edited:
Well we already do, because Tim has not scuttled Dream to restart from scratch could it come out by Christmas 97?
If Started fully development for N64(ultra here) they could push the main team to get it ready for 97 if they got all the ideas and vision right could...is possible.

Battletoads (GBC)-a port of the original game with more reasonable difficulty
SNES game was harder for me, specially the fucking saw railcoaster..fuck that level.

The rest is a feasible list, very nice games buddy.

If Started fully development for N64(ultra here) they could push the main team to get it ready for 97 if they got all the ideas and vision right could...is possible.

SNES game was harder for me, specially the fucking saw railcoaster..fuck that level.

The rest is a feasible list, very nice games buddy.

For the former, Rare got the devkits for the Ultra at the end of 95, right when DKC 2 hit store shelves.

For the latter, the SNES project will probably see later in the GBA's lifecycle (2003 at the earliest).

For the former, Rare got the devkits for the Ultra at the end of 95, right when DKC 2 hit store shelves.
If we give an preliminar year when was conceptualized for SNES-CD, would be 3 year..is feasible, but the team might need to crunch it to get it done, but is very possible to pull it.

For the latter, the SNES project will probably see later in the GBA's lifecycle (2003 at the earliest).
Yeah not to take away the difficulty of NES, but Nes one did feel beateable, at times in SNES i got stuck over some weird gameplay changes.

What would be the next videogame movie on the list? or next game to tackle too?

If we give an preliminar year when was conceptualized for SNES-CD, would be 3 year..is feasible, but the team might need to crunch it to get it done, but is very possible to pull it.

Yeah not to take away the difficulty of NES, but Nes one did feel beateable, at times in SNES i got stuck over some weird gameplay changes.

What would be the next videogame movie on the list? or next game to tackle too?

Here's the tentative list.
1998: Mario 4, Sonic 2, Rampage, Mortal Kombat: Annihilation
1999: Wing Commander
2000 or 2001: Mortal Kombat 3.

As for the Gaming side, there is Megaman X4. But what I have in mind is not the Repliforce War yet, instead X4 is the Xtreme 2 with 3 playable characters: X, Zero, and Colonel who plays pretty much in a prototype version of what otl X6 and otl Zero 1, the easy mode of the game. Another thing changed is that this game goes full 3D with levels having a mix of running, gunning, boosting, and jumping around arena style levels. It's the same story except for the fact that the game's villain Berkana uses 8 reploids based off chess pieces for X and Zero, defeating these reploids unlocks a chip that changes the element of your weapon. For Colonel however, he claims a new weapon from each maverick defeated:

Left Rook: Defends with a shield and unlocks the guard buckler. Element: Ice.
Left Knight:Uses plasma throwing daggers that unleashes water. Element: Water
Left Bishop: Uses an axe that can be thrown like a boomerang. Element: Fire
Queen: Uses a scepter that calls down strikes from heaven. Element: Holy
King: Wields a greatsword and when defeated unlocks a slow but powerful sword that can cleave even the armored enemies in one slash. Element: Earth
Right Bishop: Uses a Halberd. Element: Darkness
Right Knight: Uses a warhammer. Element: Lightning
Right Rook: Uses a Plasma based Bow and Arrow. Element: Wind.

The final battle will see the three storm the center of Laguz Palace and as such you will run through the boss rush first, a final duel with Gareth, and finally Berkana in a two phase battle that will see her absorb the DNA Souls to turn her into an cyber angel.

The final battle will see the three storm the center of Laguz Palace and as such you will run through the boss rush first, a final duel with Gareth, and finally Berkana in a two phase battle that will see her absorb the DNA Souls to turn her into an cyber angel.
Hella nice and not being Hijacked by Sigma make it even better, very nice idea feels a very unique game and otl X4 and X5 plot can be the big climax.

Gaming in 1997
Gaming in 1997

1997 marked the final year of the SNES proper, the system finally discontinuing as Nintendo went full steam ahead with the Ultra NES. The final major releases for the console would be Kirby's Dreamland Collection (remakes of the first two KDL games) on the vanilla SNES and on the CD, they would get Kirby's Dream Land 3 and the first Harvest Moon game. Many within Nintendo had seen the SNES as having run its course and had given them a lot of strong ground as the top dog in the gaming industry, but with the Saturn and PlayStation making waves, it was time for them to bring the fight with the their newest hardware.

Notable releases in 1997 for the Ultra NES included Final Fantasy VII, the first Final Fantasy game on the Ultra and the spin-off Final Fantasy Tactics. VII was seen as a major step forward for JRPGs and was a major seller in the console's second year, joined by Mother 3 in Japan, with plans for a western release next year. Along with that was the debut of the Turok franchise with Turok: Dinosaur Hunter and the return of Castlevania with Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

Another game that saw massive success was Ultra Star Fox, the third game in the Star Fox franchise (if you've been reading eldandy's Star Fox 3 posts, it's that.) with Nintendo looking to the crew of the Star Fox for future franchise potential. Hmm...

Meanwhile, the classic Megaman line had come to an end with Megaman 8 as plans for a ninth game were shelved so Capcom could focus on the other two lines. On Nintendo's end, they had the X line, with Megaman X4 arriving on the Ultra NES.

Other major releases for the year include Street Fighter Collection, Ultra Bomberman, Dream: Land of Giants, WCW vs. nWo: World Tour and GoldenEye 007.

Over at SEGA, they were giving their favorite blue hedgehog the royal treatment after last year's box office success. Released for the Saturn were Sonic Jam, Sonic R and Sonic X-Treme. Other notable releases include Fighters Megamix and The King of Fighters '97. Not much in terms of exclusives as SEGA tended to share games with Sony at this time.

Speaking of Sony, they were hitting hard with a number of new releases. On the racing game market, they had Need for Speed II and Gran Turismo. For platformers, they had Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back and Tomb Raider II. They also brought in PaRappa the Rapper, Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero (with MK4 coming next year) and Megaman Legends (an exclusive 3D Megaman line to challenge Nintendo's X line.)

Gaming continued its hot streak of the 90s, with the three major companies now fully entrenched in the CD market. However, along with them came the rise of PC gaming in the 90s. While it had always been there, new arrivals to the scene such as Diablo, Blood, Ultima Online, Fallout, and more added to the growing PC market, creating a party independent of a major gaming company.

Last edited:
Alright, here's the theatrical releases for 1998, just for reference later.

Now, we gotta talk Mario 4 and why it's gonna bomb.

1. Cast Exodus. Fiona Shaw had basically dropped the franchise after her severely reduced role in Mario 3, but she's not the only one walking out. Samantha Mathis and John Leguizamo are leaving as well due to being burn out on the movies. This leaves us with only Hoskins, Kenny Baker and Frank Welker as Junior.
  2. New Director/Writers. Yep, Harold Raimis and the Parker/Jennewein team are walking out, so we'll need someone else to take up the reigns. For director, I think it's time we brought in Rob Reiner. Yes, post-North Rob Reiner. God help us. For writers, given the basis of our main villains, I wanna find a writer whose done low-grade 90s Home Alone knock-off kids movies... oh! Here we go! Blake Snyder, writer for Blank Check and Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot. Perfect!
  3. The Villains. Well, we've spent up all our good options, so all we got left... is the Koopa Kids. I imagine these are gonna be animatronics or worse, CGI abominations. Yes, all seven Koopa Kids running around with Bob Hoskins, Kenny Baker and Madonna having to act around them.
  4. Wait, Did You Say Madonna? Yep Madonna, after having turned down the role of Captain Syrup, will be joining us for the fourth movie as Princess Peach. Oh dear, this will be fun.

Alright, here's the theatrical releases for 1998, just for reference later.

Now, we gotta talk Mario 4 and why it's gonna bomb.

1. Cast Exodus. Fiona Shaw had basically dropped the franchise after her severely reduced role in Mario 3, but she's not the only one walking out. Samantha Mathis and John Leguizamo are leaving as well due to being burn out on the movies. This leaves us with only Hoskins, Kenny Baker and Frank Welker as Junior.
  2. New Director/Writers. Yep, Harold Raimis and the Parker/Jennewein team are walking out, so we'll need someone else to take up the reigns. For director, I think it's time we brought in Rob Reiner. Yes, post-North Rob Reiner. God help us. For writers, given the basis of our main villains, I wanna find a writer whose done low-grade 90s Home Alone knock-off kids movies... oh! Here we go! Blake Snyder, writer for Blank Check and Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot. Perfect!
  3. The Villains. Well, we've spent up all our good options, so all we got left... is the Koopa Kids. I imagine these are gonna be animatronics or worse, CGI abominations. Yes, all seven Koopa Kids running around with Bob Hoskins, Kenny Baker and Madonna having to act around them.
  4. Wait, Did You Say Madonna? Yep Madonna, after having turned down the role of Captain Syrup, will be joining us for the fourth movie as Princess Peach. Oh dear, this will be fun.

Meanwhile at New Line and Dreamworks.

Wait, Did You Say Madonna? Yep Madonna, after having turned down the role of Captain Syrup, will be joining us for the fourth movie as Princess Peach. Oh dear, this will be fun.
wqvo221.gif
, jejeje yeah a shame, Bob deserved a better send up, but a bomb is always necessary in hollywood so producers can learn the lesson.

Still nice ideas buddy.

Some other ideas to share in videogame front? Now that i remember 1998 was the years Xenogears was Launched but the game was cut short because square need the money and equipment for others game..Maybe Nintendo here Help Takahashi Early and he is able to finish Xenogears as he wanted?(IIRC he wanted 3CD and not that weird evangelion like retelling).

Last edited:
Some other ideas to share in videogame front? Now that i remember 1998 was the years Xenogears was Launched but the game was cut short because square need the money and equipment for others game..Maybe Nintendo here Help Takahashi Early and he is able to finish Xenogears as he wanted?(IIRC he wanted 3CD and not that weird evangelion like retelling).
What I had in mind for takahashi is that the xeno series would still be made at square as an i'm sorry exclusivity to Nintendo when the Final Fantasy series goes multi platform, while Parasite Eve gets made as Playstation exclusive.

What I had in mind for takahashi is that the xeno series would still be made at square as an i'm sorry exclusivity to Nintendo when the Final Fantasy series goes multi platform, while Parasite Eve gets made as Playstation exclusive.
Being Honest after reading that nintendolive article about takahashi...jeez that guy have it very bad till nintendo at least is willingly to give funds at time..unlike other(square,namco) Plus i Doubt Parasite Eve would be exclusive..would be multi already, Ultra is far more capable than N64, Still dunno What to do that front, still the game could collapse as OTL, Square seems always have issues with schedule.

Being Honest after reading that nintendolive article about takahashi...jeez that guy have it very bad till nintendo at least is willingly to give funds at time..unlike other(square,namco) Plus i Doubt Parasite Eve would be exclusive..would be multi already, Ultra is far more capable than N64, Still dunno What to do that front, still the game could collapse as OTL, Square seems always have issues with schedule.

I can see a scenario where Parasite Eve would be exclusive. Square wants to put FF7 on the Playstation, Nintendo demands an exclusive game, so they're given Xenogears. Then Sony demands an exclusive of their own, so Square gives them Parasite Eve.

I can see a scenario where Parasite Eve would be exclusive. Square wants to put FF7 on the Playstation, Nintendo demands an exclusive game, so they're given Xenogears. Then Sony demands an exclusive of their own, so Square gives them Parasite Eve.
Unironically why not? Nintendo did pay for FF7 like OTL SONY did pay like what? 20M dollars? there not binding and i doubt nintendo with now Hollywood Money and Earthbound would even care, all three would be multi or would be butterfly away.

We could even see a square game in a sega console..that is if square even know how to program on a sega console to begin with...

Last edited:
Unironically why not? Nintendo did pay for FF7 like OTL SONY did pay like what? 20M dollars? there not binding and i doubt nintendo with now Hollywood Money and Earthbound would even care, all three would be multi or would be butterfly away.

We could even see a square game in a sega console..that is if square even know how to program on a sega console to begin with...

Because never forget that multi-million dollar corporations are usually headed by some of the pettiest people in the world. It's not a matter of money for Nintendo, but purely because they're still salty about the original SNES-CD deal falling through and Sony launching the Playstation. Sharing one of their long-running franchises with Sony is not a prospect Nintendo is willing to entertain unless they get something for themselves That's why Megaman X is Nintendo-exclusive while Legends is Sony exclusive.