Mario Goes Hollywood: A Collaborative Timeline

So 99 to have the level of cgi techniques needed for Ridley and immersing any of the models and actors (kraid and mother brain can be done with models), with a release date by 2003 at the latest?
Yeah 2003 at lastest, the piece of resistance always will be ridley, remmeber unlike Kraid or Mother Brain, Ridley is dynamic, fast, chaotic, something is a live or death struggle he always have with samus, that is something requires a lot of things to give justice and that time would be possible to get it done.

Yeah 2003 at lastest, the piece of resistance always will be ridley, remmeber unlike Kraid or Mother Brain, Ridley is dynamic, fast, chaotic, something is a live or death struggle he always have with samus, that is something requires a lot of things to give justice and that time would be possible to get it done.
Okay, who should we have writing the screenplay. While Cameron usually writes the screenplay of his films, Nintendo would probably want someone from their own ranks to keep the brand consistent. In this case, I recommend either Tanabe (he seems to have his head on straight when it comes hand) or Sadamoto (not sure if he speaks fluent English at this point, but hopefully this well help him prevent the hot mess that was Other M's plot.)

That would be wonderful maybe after Metroid he can direct his Spider-Man movie or if it's too late for that he can direct TTL's Terminator 3 and finish the series on a high note.

Metroid and T3 are definitely on the table for Cameron (T3 might be first as not only is there the wait on CG to catch up, but Thurman's most likely locked into the Contra sequels and Kill Bill) but as for Spider-Man, that's up in the air given the butterfly of Marvel being bought by Capcom rather than Toy Biz, especially since they bought Marvel before Sony got involved.

Although, holy shit, looking deeper into Spider-Man's movie rights is a goddamn nightmare. Like, straight up if the Capcom buyout just gives them the full Spider-Man rights, that'd be great because this is a headache to follow. Like, at some point the rights were owned by both Columbia and MGM, plus at some point the 007 franchise gets involved so both each relinquished a claim on a franchise to settle their problems? It's a fuckin' mess.

Okay, now I remember how the TL's going down for comic book movies. 1995 was a bad year for them as Batman Forever under-performed while Judge Dredd and Tank Girl tanked (heh), butterflying away Barb Wire and Batman & Robin. Only Crow: City of Angels held together and Columbia still saw it as going direct to video after that.

Chances are that Capcom's going to see fit to repurchase the rights to as many of the Marvel properties as they can and without a major comic movie franchise out there, studios are willing to sell.

Okay, now I remember how the TL's going down for comic book movies. 1995 was a bad year for them as Batman Forever under-performed while Judge Dredd and Tank Girl tanked (heh), butterflying away Barb Wire and Batman & Robin. Only Crow: City of Angels held together and Columbia still saw it as going direct to video after that.

Chances are that Capcom's going to see fit to repurchase the rights to as many of the Marvel properties as they can and without a major comic movie franchise out there, studios are willing to sell.
Those Rights will always be a mess but as you say, the enthusiast for superhero faded down after forever underperforming, but maybe Capcom take advantage and is able to put all the ducks in a row(tell cameron is now or never with spidey, talk with Toy Biz about who own who and who will get and what will be their share in toys too) as capcom keep their videogames right for their own, i can see them being more flexible with marvel one to recoup the invesment, plus movie help to promote their future marvel games too

Deleted member 107125

This is the most cursed thing ever. It’s more cursed than Fear, Loathing and Gumbo, The New Order, and New Deal Coalition Retained combined.
Good job ;)

Rage of the Dragons: Double Dragon '97
Rage of the Dragons: Double Dragon '97

1582511763688.png

Developer: SNK-Technōs Japan
Publisher: SNK-Technōs/Playmore
Platforms: Arcade/Neo Geo AES/Sega Saturn/PlayStation
Release Date: June 6 1997 (Arcade), September 26 1997 (AES/Sega Saturn/Playstation)​

The sequel to Double Dragon '95, featuring all of the characters from the previous games, plus new ones. In OTL, it was a repurposed game with two brothers named Billy and Jimmy Lewis due to a weird rights issue. Here, it's released five years earlier and continues the proud SNK tradition of being a great game.

Full Game Roster

1. Billy Lee​
  2. Jimmy Lee​
  3. Marian Delario​
  4. Willy "Machine Gun" Mackey​
  5. Abobo​
  6. Burnov
  7. Duke
  8. Linda Lash​
  9. Chin Taimei​
  10. Patrick Dalton​
  11. Amon Yagyu​
  12. Cheng-Fu​
  13. Eddie Jenkins​
  14. Rebecca Brielle​
  15. Lynn Baker​
  16. Sonia Romanenko​
  17. Radel​
  18. Annie Murakami​
  19. Cassandra Murata​
  20. Oni Inomura​
  21. Pepe Rodriguez​
  22. Pupa Salgueiro​
  23. Alice Carrol​
  24. Elias Patrick​
  25. Mr. Jones​
  26. Kang Jae-Mo​
  27. Abubo Rao​
  28. Johann​

Those Rights will always be a mess but as you say, the enthusiast for superhero faded down after forever underperforming, but maybe Capcom take advantage and is able to put all the ducks in a row(tell cameron is now or never with spidey, talk with Toy Biz about who own who and who will get and what will be their share in toys too) as capcom keep their videogames right for their own, i can see them being more flexible with marvel one to recoup the invesment, plus movie help to promote their future marvel games too

Toy Biz is probably just gonna be doing the toys since Capcom outbid them (hell, probably even made the sale earlier than TB.) It's likely Columbia won't be fighting too hard for Spider-Man now that Contra made them mad bank. Fantastic Four will get bought back and Capcom, in an odd move, will sell the distribution rights to the unreleased Roger Corman film to Fox for a home video release. X-Men and Hulk are most likely out of our reach since they were before the Capcom purchase.

Now, what's the word on Steel and Spawn? Butterflied?

Alright, gonna be needing whatever you guys have on tap for Gaming in 1997. Wanna give an answer to a long-held question: Yes, Star Fox 2 did release in 1995 on the SNES-CD and the third game Ultra Star Fox will be released this year.

Alright, gonna be needing whatever you guys have on tap for Gaming in 1997. Wanna give an answer to a long-held question: Yes, Star Fox 2 did release in 1995 on the SNES-CD and the third game Ultra Star Fox will be released this year.
Nice, some ideas for Ultra Star Fox or that is up for us?

Well I do have an idea for ff7, but this is for an expansion pack.

Ff7: The Gold Saucer Renovation adds 4 more chocobo racing tracks, a battle Arena with every boss in the game buffed to superboss levels (including the weapons, who are story bosses prior to going into the northern cave.), an expanded version of Alfred and the Princess where you can choose whoever you want in the party to be the lead roles, and 2 new tracks for the motorcycle minigame and the snowboard minigame respectively. This expansion will be available to nintendo until 2001 when all 3 of the mainline games are re-released for the PS2 as the definitive edition. (The moneyhat is just too good for square to leave on the table.)

As for other games, does anyone want to move diddy kong racing to the gamecube as a rare crossover game?

Ff7: The Gold Saucer Renovation adds 4 more chocobo racing tracks, a battle Arena with every boss in the game buffed to superboss levels (including the weapons, who are story bosses prior to going into the northern cave.), an expanded version of Alfred and the Princess where you can choose whoever you want in the party to be the lead roles, and 2 new tracks for the motorcycle minigame and the snowboard minigame respectively. This expansion will be available to nintendo until 2001 when all 3 of the mainline games are re-released for the PS2 as the definitive edition. (The moneyhat is just too good for square to leave on the table.)

As for other games, does anyone want to move diddy kong racing to the gamecube as a rare crossover game?

That's fine. We got Ultra Mario Kart, so we can save DKR for the GameCube or closest equivalent. Sounds like Square's sticking with Nintendo for a while.

As for the Sega end of gaming, here is the final part of Sonic X-Treme

Level 10: Launch Base Caverns

After knocking the Chaotix offline, Knuckles explain the situation. The Chaotix are a group of anthros who came to the island when the Death Egg crash landed hoping to explore. Knuckles didn't meet them until Sonic and Tails left, but they've been helpful in clearing out the island of Robotnitk's madness. All that's left of Robotnitk's power base here is a badnik manufacturing plant built underneath the Launch Base Zone. The mission went south due to an ambush placed by the Eggrobo. Knuckles only escaped because he dug out back to the surface. His words. Wanting to bring down this plant, Sonic agrees to take down this plant. By the end of act 3, the same trap is sprung.

This trap extracts the Rings of Order from Sonic, Tails, and Tiara as it was set up by another Metal Sonic, who turns the rings over to a face all hope to never see again:

Robotnitk: OHHOHOHOHOHO Well now once again we meet, Rodent. But this time you're in a much agreeable position. Once your all out of the way, the rest of your world will fall like paper in the wind. But enough gloating, time for your imminent demise!!!! *warps away*

The entire room begins blinking red as a voice announces that the self destruct sequence has initiated. Two Minutes to activation. As panic sets in, Tiara begins chanting a mantra. With only 15 seconds left to spare, Sonic and co are teleported out of the base.

Level 11: Solaris Sanctum Zone

Back with Robotnitk, he promptly loads the energy of the rings into 3 empty tanks. Next to them are 3 full tanks with the color red, blue, green, while the new tanks are yellow, orange, and purple. Robotnitk smiles when the energy readings jump up to 100%.

Robotnitk:”Perfect, with these energy readings, I have the power to use my greatest invention ever, THE DIMENSIONAL BATTERY!!!! A whole new world for me to invade, enslave, and exploit for my own benefit WOOHOOOHOOO”

Fang: “Well your conquest plan is all well and good, but you and I have business to take care of, namely the rest of my payment.”

Robotnitk: “Tell me weasel, do you take cash or CHARGE!!!

Another freeze trap is activated over Fang as he begins to respond. He tries to bang on the glass but it promptly shocks him.

Robotnitk: “Oh I have a much better payment for you, you get to serve me as a headhunter badnik.”

Fang can only look in horror as his hand begins to become more metal and a droning mantra drills in his head: OBEY OBEY OBEY OBEY OBEY OBEY!

Back with our heroes...

They end up teleported back into a temple. One that seems very similar to the Westside Island Hidden Palace. This is Solaris Keep, home of the ringsmithers. Tiara explain that eons ago, the ringsmithers opened a portal to their world from their own dimension. Why? Because the ringsmithers were dedicated to stopping the spread of chaos. The Rings of Order were created to keep things balanced but because the source of those rings power was back in her own dimension. They can reach the grand ring from here to hopefully open another portal to wherever Robotnitk has stored the rings energy. What follows is a one act level that plays very similar to Adventure's lost world. Once they reached the sanctum, there lies another lynx: Tiara's ancestor and the elder guardian. To reach the ring, they must defeat him. But upon doing so, Tiara feels the presence of rings coming near her, Tails asks where but he gets his answer: a massive drill bursts into the sanctum and announcement is made:

Robotnitk: “Greetings inhabitants of this dimension, I am Doctor Robotnitk, scientist extraordinaire and your new master! I have come here to give you all the benevolence of my iron fisted rule. Resist and your lives are forfeit.”

Final Level: The Dimensional Battery

The final level is a doozie: a open arena gauntlet battle with Knuckles against a horde of every badnik in the game. Tiara takes on a now robotocized Elder Guardian, another race with Sonic and Tails against Metal Sonic and Headhunter Fang, and finally, a throwdown with Robotnitk's Ring Knight, A armored suit powered by the rings of order. In order to defeat this monstrosity, Sonic and co must break the energy wires connecting the mech to the ring tanks. Once all six are taken down, it'll take another four hits to destroy the Ring Knight and reclaim the rings of order. They quickly return the rings to the inner sanctum while the Dimensional Battery falls back into the rift it opened. Once there, the energy is transported back into the grand ring and it quickly brings life to the entire dimension they're in. One we get to see thanks to Dreamworks making a cutscene for the game. Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles return to their home while Tiara sets out to perform damage control. But after the credits, we cut back to Angel Island, where the Master Emerald begins to crack.

Diddy Kong is different to the cancelled Donkey Kong Racing buddy, the former we know how was otl, the later did was more 'natural' as they rode the animal buddies in land, air and sea

Diddy Kong is different to the cancelled Donkey Kong Racing buddy, the former we know how was otl, the later did was more 'natural' as they rode the animal buddies in land, air and sea
I know, but what I'm proposing is essentially Rare Kart coming out as a launch title for the Gamecube, with no animal buddies being used as carts (for now).