Mario Goes Hollywood: A Collaborative Timeline

yeah, I maybe a nerd but not that big anerd to know what you are saying. Sure to look it up though. I think we should make the Dreamcast a bigger success than it was in OTL as well as stopping the Curse that was put on Sonic Games with Shadow the Hedgehog. (Or Sonic 06 depending on who you ask).
Jejeje, well that is why i'm here, yeah Sega was the one always pushed for Internet early, Nintendo did have the legendary famicom modem and satellaview but those were more secondary, Sega did have plans for Saturn and dreamcast..and otl console failures stopped those.

Still dunno how things will come...but i could foresee all 3 going very close in fifth generation and them again in the sixth

Gaming in 1995
Gaming in 1995

The year 1995 marked the point where the Console Wars exploded from a heated rivalry between two companies in an all-out war thanks to the introduction of a new competitor to the ring, Sony Corporation. Taking the original plans for the SNES-CD, they released the console on September 9, a week after Sega's Saturn console. Specs on the PS1 are the same as OTL and the Saturn specs are more comparable to @Nivek's technical specs.

Nintendo, meanwhile, stuck with the SNES-CD, not wanting to rush out the Ultra NES just to compete. The SNES was still making sales, the CD add-on brought it to its full potential and they were raking in millions from their theme park deal with Disney and the box office success of Zelda II. Big releases of that year include Chrono Trigger, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat 3, and Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest.

Along with that, a series of SNES and SNES-CD remakes were launched. These included Final Fantasy Origins: I-III (remakes of the first three Final Fantasy games for the SNES-CD), Sword of Mana (a vanilla SNES remake of the Gameboy Final Fantasy Adventure, sold as a prequel to Secret of Mana), Earthbound (a remake of NES' Mother RPG) and Legend of Zelda I-II (released for the vanilla SNES) all hinting towards next year's releases (Origins IV-VI, Trials of Mana, Earthbound 2 and The Legend of Zelda: War of Gamelon)

For the Saturn, they launched with Virtua Fighter, Myst, Daytona USA, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter: The Movie, Castlevania: Rondo of Blood X, Clockwork Knight, Knuckles Chaotix, Virtua Cop, Sega Worldwide Soccer, and Megaman X and X2.

PS1, meanwhile, launched with a port of Castlevania: Rondo of Blood X, ports of Megaman X and X2, a port of Street Fighter: The Movie, Rayman, NBA Jam Tournament Edition, Ridge Racer, Wipeout, Battle Arena Toshiden, and Twisted Metal.

1995 became one of the biggest holiday seasons for gaming, with parents scrambling to get their kids either a Saturn, PS1 or one of the new SNES-CD games released that year as the three companies began to fight for the top spot. Meanwhile, Atari got utterly decimated, losing out even with the release of the Jaguar CD.

Last edited:
Gaming in 1995

The year 1995 marked the point where the Console Wars exploded from a heated rivalry between two companies in an all-out war thanks to the introduction of a new competitor to the ring, Sony Corporation. Taking the original plans for the SNES-CD, they released the console on September 9, a week after Sega's Saturn console. Specs on the PS1 are the same as OTL and the Saturn specs are more comparable to @Nivek's technical specs.

Nintendo, meanwhile, stuck with the SNES-CD, not wanting to rush out the Ultra NES just to compete. The SNES was still making sales, the CD add-on brought it to its full potential and they were raking in millions from their theme park deal with Disney and the box office success of Zelda II. Big releases of that year include Chrono Trigger, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat 3, Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest, and Dragon Quest VI.

Along with that, a series of SNES and SNES-CD remakes were launched. These included Final Fantasy Origins: I-III (remakes of the first three Final Fantasy games for the SNES-CD), Sword of Mana (a vanilla SNES remake of the Gameboy Final Fantasy Adventure, sold as a prequel to Secret of Mana), Earthbound (a remake of NES' Mother RPG) and Legend of Zelda I-II (released for the vanilla SNES) all hinting towards next year's releases (Origins IV-VI, Trials of Mana, Earthbound 2 and The Legend of Zelda: War of Gamelon)

For the Saturn, they launched with Virtua Fighter, Myst, Daytona USA, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter: The Movie, Castlevania: Rondo of Blood X, Clockwork Knight, Knuckles Chaotix, Virtua Cop, Sega Worldwide Soccer, and Megaman X and X2.

PS1, meanwhile, launched with a port of Castlevania: Rondo of Blood X, ports of Megaman X and X2, a port of Street Fighter: The Movie, Rayman, NBA Jam Tournament Edition, Ridge Racer, Wipeout, Battle Arena Toshiden, and Twisted Metal.

1995 became one of the biggest holiday seasons for gaming, with parents scrambling to get their kids either a Saturn, PS1 or one of the new SNES-CD games released that year as the three companies began to fight for the top spot. Meanwhile, Atari got utterly decimated, losing out even with the release of the Jaguar CD.
Oh yes. Let the war rage on!

Moving in 1996, I have a few thoughts: this was the year where Atari went bust and Marvel declared bankruptcy. The idea of Sony buying out the latter was discussed, however, that will require removing Avi Arad and Ike Perlmutter from the picture. However, that could possibly mean that we could get an earlier Spider-Man film if it can avoid the legal pitfalls of OTL.

As for Atari, could they merge with another game developer? I would almost laugh if they merged with Activision.

Oh I have the feeling that Nintendo is going to be firing all cylinders as well.
As I see it, Nintendo is holding a perhaps somewhat tenuous #1 spot with Sega at #2 and Sony in third place because they do not have the recognizable properties the other two do. However, methinks Namco will stay largely exclusive to them with Tekken being a big seller.

Moving in 1996, I have a few thoughts: this was the year where Atari went bust and Marvel declared bankruptcy. The idea of Sony buying out the latter was discussed, however, that will require removing Avi Arad and Ike Perlmutter from the picture. However, that could possibly mean that we could get an earlier Spider-Man film if it can avoid the legal pitfalls of OTL.

As for Atari, could they merge with another game developer? I would almost laugh if they merged with Activision.

As I see it, Nintendo is holding a perhaps somewhat tenuous #1 spot with Sega at #2 and Sony in third place because they do not have the recognizable properties the other two do. However, methinks Namco will stay largely exclusive to them with Tekken being a big seller.

For the first one, they definitely need to merge with another company. Fox maybe to continue to compete with Universal and Disney?

For Namco, while multiplatform is not out of the question, Tekken might be off the table considering the fact that the original arcade board was made with Sony's help in return for exclusivity.

That is why i want different owner, to avoid a retreat of OTL..and if you can remove those two..for the best. For me would be Nice if Sony,Universal got it, but depends what Megafigther wants.

For Namco, while multiplatform is not out of the question, Tekken might be off the table considering the fact that the original arcade board was made with Sony's help in return for exclusivity.
I could imagine that, ULTRA/N64 got the goalline finish with more sales, but other two put respectable numbers. I think Namco will keep Tekken Exclusive mostly because they've to compete with SEGA own figthing game in saturn, N64/Ultra but maybe Sony press for the moneyhat thanks the arcadeboards? i can see Ace Combat and Klonoa being multiplatform too.

Umm maybe Nintendo got Dead or Alive as exclusive? OTL they are good friends with Itagaki and Tecmo, here they could push as N64/ULtra premier 3d figthing game

That is why i want different owner, to avoid a retreat of OTL..and if you can remove those two..for the best. For me would be Nice if Sony,Universal got it, but depends what Megafigther wants.

I could imagine that, ULTRA/N64 got the goalline finish with more sales, but other two put respectable numbers. I think Namco will keep Tekken Exclusive mostly because they've to compete with SEGA own figthing game in saturn, N64/Ultra but maybe Sony press for the moneyhat thanks the arcadeboards? i can see Ace Combat and Klonoa being multiplatform too.

Umm maybe Nintendo got Dead or Alive as exclusive? OTL they are good friends with Itagaki and Tecmo, here they could push as N64/ULtra premier 3d figthing game

That wouldn't be a bad idea, but would Nintendo allow DOA to be as lewd as it is with their exclusivity?

That wouldn't be a bad idea, but would Nintendo allow DOA to be as lewd as it is with their exclusivity?
DOA wasn't that lewd till 3(2 in PS2 did was) and xtreme volleyball, was as lewd as KoF and other, heck Mai shinarui and cammy were more revealing kasumi herself. Still nintendo is fickle at times, they did tone down their own games, not give a fuck third parties. Maybe here they just allow to get the edge vs other figther(Sega own AM2 creation, namco for sony) and as OTL, Nintendo did was friendly with Tecmo and now K-T and itagaki.

That way give more exclusive a chance to shine... or maybe Nintendo focus more 2D figther with Capcom and SNK?(Terry is on smash for a reason...)

DOA wasn't that lewd till 3(2 in PS2 did was) and xtreme volleyball, was as lewd as KoF and other, heck Mai shinarui and cammy were more revealing kasumi herself. Still nintendo is fickle at times, they did tone down their own games, not give a fuck third parties. Maybe here they just allow to get the edge vs other figther(Sega own AM2 creation, namco for sony) and as OTL, Nintendo did was friendly with Tecmo and now K-T and itagaki.

That way give more exclusive a chance to shine... or maybe Nintendo focus more 2D figther with Capcom and SNK?(Terry is on smash for a reason...)

For 2D fighters, that's what Smash and Killer Instinct are for. Sega on the other hand could retool Fighters Megamix as a 2d fighter to counter it.

For 2D fighters, that's what Smash and Killer Instinct are for. Sega on the other hand could retool Fighters Megamix as a 2d fighter to counter it.
Just wondering what to do, so they could get DoA are their 3D figther? Itagaki and Tecmo would like to avoid being too crowed in SAT/PS in that way, plus kickstart their relationship early.

I doubt/see it hard, Figthers Megamix existed thanks all the 3D asset sega ported and created for saturn, so for them was easy just reuse them in a very unique crossover, as an 2D game would be vastly different.

Okay, here's what I got for the game:

Star Fox 3: Scourge of the Hive is a 1997 or 1998 game for the Ultra NES. Once again developed by Argonaut Software and Nintendo it continues the adventures of the Mercenary Team Star Fox as they defend the Lylat System against the various forces of evil. But only 3 years after the Venomian invasion, a new threat warps into the Lylat system. This group is the Hive, a legion of cyborg yellow jackets from the Chuchulan system. They have came here through warp drives attached to their ships and they have come to Lylat for one thing: TO ASSIMILATE ALL LIFE INTO THE HIVE!

Fearing the threat, General Pepper once again calls on Star Fox to take on this new threat, but the team won't be alone as they will be accompanied by Fox and Slippy's squadmates from the Corneria Academy: Bill Grey, and Kara Phoenix. Unfortunately for the team, Star Wolf has also been hired. Old grudges must be put aside to take down the Hive.

Gameplay is the same as it is in Star Fox 2: The same Rail shooting, but for the first time some worlds will have open world objectives and boss fights. Your objective is to defend as many worlds as possible from the Hive while finding a way to enter their system and end the threat for good.

Instead of having a powerup system in level, your ship can have upgraded weapons, boosters, armor, and wings. These are found by taking out certain bosses. But beware, upgrading one feature of your ship will downgrade another feature. Also, you now have the ability to choose from 12 different pilots to deploy on missions:

Fox
Peppy
Slippy
Falco
Miyu
Fay
Wolf
Leon
Andrew
Pigma
Bill
Kara.

Yeah, this is essentially Star Fox Assault but with 2's characters and open world defense mechanics added. Something that I feel could be done on the Ultra without dragging the game down.