Mario Goes Hollywood: A Collaborative Timeline

I wonder if this is physical possible, PS2 did was overengineered trying to use that Falcom Case...maybe here that rise up the price up for 4 controller port? AGAIN OTL Sony thought 4 controller was not needed as thought was 'niche' maybe here Ultra Sucess forced them to change that?
Definitely. Every big game for the Ultra that has multiplayer (Star Fox 3, FF7's chocobo races, Turok, and Smash) uses all 4 ports. Sony would be stupid not to do so.

Definitely. Every big game for the Ultra that has multiplayer (Star Fox 3, FF7's chocobo races, Turok, and Smash) uses all 4 ports. Sony would be stupid not to do so.
So accepted. well, they might raise the prize(15-20 bucks) a bit vs OTL but is feasible, again Sony is weird OTL, expect adding 4 ports being a rushwork ITTL

I just finished season 3 of Castlevaina and I vaguely remember hearing there was interest in doing the script in live action form before they decided on a cartoon.

Maybe Warren Ellis still writes the script and we get a Castlevaina movie in the 2000s? I was thinking we get Hugh Jackman as Trevor, maybe it takes the place of Van Helsing.

Of course I prefer it in animated form but I do think live action is something that would happen in this tl.

Last edited:
Maybe Warren Ellis still writes the script and we get a Castlevaina movie in the 2000s? I was thinking we get Hugh Jackman as Trevor, maybe it takes the place of Van Helsing
Possible, after Contra Movie sucess and Castlevania taking place of ITTL Resident Evil as Capcom is out of hollywood..for now.

I just finished season 3 of Castlevaina and I vaguely remember hearing there was interest in doing the script in live action form before they decided on a cartoon.

Maybe Warren Ellis still writes the script and we get a Castlevaina movie in the 2000s? I was thinking we get Hugh Jackman as Trevor, maybe it takes the place of Van Helsing
Possible, after Contra Movie sucess and Castlevania taking place of ITTL Resident Evil as Capcom is out of hollywood..for now.
I will keep that in mind.

Well for 2000, would anyone be okay with moving Spyro 3, Megaman Legends 2, and Crash Bash over to the PS2?
Spyro is possible, but i think MML2 will be PS1-Ultra, unless is moved back as an Ultra game with PS2 port(reverse of OTL), Bash will stay PS1 as a kid-family game

Spyro is possible, but i think MML2 will be PS1-Ultra, unless is moved back as an Ultra game with PS2 port(reverse of OTL), Bash will stay PS1 as a kid-family game
Mega did say that the X games are Nintendo exlcusive while Legends would be Sony Exclusive.
Because never forget that multi-million dollar corporations are usually headed by some of the pettiest people in the world. It's not a matter of money for Nintendo, but purely because they're still salty about the original SNES-CD deal falling through and Sony launching the Playstation. Sharing one of their long-running franchises with Sony is not a prospect Nintendo is willing to entertain unless they get something for themselves That's why Megaman X is Nintendo-exclusive while Legends is Sony exclusive.

I forgot about this, but again that is Capcom Call, they would keep Legends 2 in PS1 anyway, capcoms never liked legends that much, that was sony mandate of a 3d game.
Well the story I have in mind for legends 2 would hopefully something Sony would see value in.

It would see Megaman and the Bonne Family teaming up to storm the Lagia Archipelago, held by one of the most infamous sky pirates in the world: Klaymoor the Conqueror. No one has ever seen his face or body due to the suit of armor that produces plasma grade weapons and tools. Megaman got caught into his web when the flutter was attacked by his crew and knocked off into the ocean. By the time he comes too, he's out of his armor and in the care of Tron Bonne. Roll, Professor Barrel, and Data are nowhere to be found.

Well the story I have in mind for legends 2 would hopefully something Sony would see value in.
Why Sony? Capcom was the developers and even their revival(OTL 3) failed as Capcom never liked that subseries that much, Still Legends was so wonky vs X and Zero Series, so hardly a loss(I love battle network, so spinoff works as so are well executed), X,Zero and BN were work of love, legends was a requirement.

Other thing to discuss? Besides Wing Commander(we need to improve that movie, besided a true focus in Kilrari and better space combat i'm out ideas) which other videogame movie come next?

Well I hope to flesh this out a bit more after work, but here's some ideas for Crash and Spyro's silver screen debuts:

Crash Bandicoot

Tentative release date: Summer 2000.
Produced by: Universal Animation Studios
Directed by:
Screenplay by:

Plot: Dr. Cortex is gathering 5 power crystals for his cortex vortex mind control ray, but due to a lack of operatives in his hairbrained scheme he "recruits" Crash Bandicoot to do his dirty work. In return, Crash will get his darling girlfriend Tawna back.

Spyro The Dragon

Tentative Release date: Winter 2001
Produced and Distributed by: Universal Animation Studios
Directed by:
Written by:

Plot: Dr. Cortex is gathering 5 power crystals for his cortex vortex mind control ray, but due to a lack of operatives in his hairbrained scheme he "recruits" Crash Bandicoot to do his dirty work. In return, Crash will get his darling girlfriend Tawna back.
like a deluxe version of the cartoon?
could work, specially if Crash ruin cortex scheme as much he help...again maybe the cartoon would be better.

Spyro The Dragon

Tentative Release date: Winter 2001
Produced and Distributed by: Universal Animation Studios
Directed by:
Written by:
maybe a theatrical version of a new beggining? viviendi did pushed the epic feel in their trailers
, when crash can work 2D, spyro work far better in 3D

like a deluxe version of the cartoon?
could work, specially if Crash ruin cortex scheme as much he help...again maybe the cartoon would be better.

maybe a theatrical version of a new beggining? viviendi did pushed the epic feel in their trailers
, when crash can work 2D, spyro work far better in 3D
For 2D projects, Universal already has two studios on tap that they regularly outsource projects too: Rough Draft Studios (known at the time for their work on Dexter's Lab, The Powerpuff Girls, Spoungebob Squarepants, and Futurama) and Wang Film Productions (known at the time for Courage the Cowardly Dog, Garfield and Friends, and the first season of Rugrats).

For 3D projects, they can always bring in either Mainframe (Reboot, Beast Wars), Blue Sky (The pitch for Ice Age is still in Fox's hands and they still want Don Bluth to do that film.), or Imagi Animation (they haven't been founded yet but later sequels could be outsourced to them).

I'd say Wang Films for Crash, since they tend for the more energetic, slapstick style of animation that would fit well with Crash. It's gonna be interesting as we head into the 2000s to see more video game properties go for animation. That's not to say the bubble has burst on live-action video game films, but the animated Sonic movies have definitely started something.