Mario Goes Hollywood: A Collaborative Timeline

Ah yeah, that was my idea, something like we've the Lock-on system, so rather an extra console, why not something is cheap and competitive and work with what people care about...Aka the software, was like a cheap patch come early 1994 and worked with games peopled cared about(Sonic 3, Phantasy Star,etc), could work again? dunno maybe, specially as is cheapter than yet buying a 32bit CD or an bizare add-on. Still could help SEGA a while, is not that bad.

If work to keep it during SNES-CD year, maybe could go ahead.

Don't worry about sonic, as long get good games, the franchise might not fall off a cliff ITTL.

So MK and Zelda 2 for 95..something else?

Nah, I think those two movies will suffice. Gonna work on some of the 1994 gaming stuff before we move on to 1995.

Is a Start, i though we would focus more the original chaotix team and the mystery of the robots..
I'm seconding this if only because I like to avoid OCs whenever possible, just use one of the actual Chaotix for that role.

As for this thread, I've been enjoying the movie entries. I'm not the greatest on knowing who to tie to actors, but I can't wait to see a Megaman or a Star Fox take... Star Fox using puppets hired from Henson because I love the idea it's a Dark Crystal style puppet movie.

I'm seconding this if only because I like to avoid OCs whenever possible, just use one of the actual Chaotix for that role.

As for this thread, I've been enjoying the movie entries. I'm not the greatest on knowing who to tie to actors, but I can't wait to see a Megaman or a Star Fox take... Star Fox using puppets hired from Henson because I love the idea it's a Dark Crystal style puppet movie.
I would like Star fox with Puppetry from Jim Henson Creatures workshop...but dunno... maybe Star fox could work better as a movie

This can work, but I can see Star fox as a movie first and then as a traditionally animated series.
Possible, but i feel the nature of the game itself, with each planet being a theatre of war, need time to develop, something in movies are a premium...that is why could work as a tv show as give time for each planet....plus Muppets works better on TV that on Cinema at times

Gaming in 1994
Gaming in 1994

1994 was the year the Nintendo/Sega Console War heated up. While the Genesis had struck hard in its early goings, the success of the Super Mario Bros. film brought the sales of the SNES up to compete. Then came the SNES-CD, which saw Nintendo jump back to the top spot. The SNES-CD, a collaborative project by Nintendo and Dutch electronics company Philips, was a peripheral that allowed the SNES to play CD-based games, a response to the Sega CD. The success of the SNES-CD saw Sega partner up with former rival NEC to create the Sega Turbo Charger (named after NEC's TurboGrafx.) A special add-on for the Genesis, the Turbo Charger boasts a 21.1 Mhz processor chip, 8 MB of rewriteable memory, 128KB of RAM, 96KB of video RAM and an advanced sound chip. The Turbo Charger could be locked on to the Genesis and gave it the boost needed to compete with the SNES.

As for games, you had huge releases such as Super Metroid (Note: Can be released on either vanilla SNES or SNES-CD), Super Street Fighter II, Mortal Kombat II, Donkey Kong Country, The Lion King, Sonic the Hedgehog 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and many more. In the arcades, games such as Ridge Racer and Virtua Fighter were making waves. Finally, rumblings came of the next wave of consoles, Nintendo was launching the Ultra NES, Sega had the launched the Saturn, but strangely enough, came a new contender to the Console Wars. One that had some involvement in games, but never made their own...

Sony. The console?

The PlayStation.

Gaming in 1994

1994 was the year the Nintendo/Sega Console War heated up. While the Genesis had struck hard in its early goings, the success of the Super Mario Bros. film brought the sales of the SNES up to compete. Then came the SNES-CD, which saw Nintendo jump back to the top spot. The SNES-CD, a collaborative project by Nintendo and Dutch electronics company Philips, was a peripheral that allowed the SNES to play CD-based games, a response to the Sega CD. The success of the SNES-CD saw Sega partner up with former rival NEC to create the Sega Turbo Charger (named after NEC's TurboGrafx.) A special add-on for the Genesis, the Turbo Charger boasts a 21.1 Mhz processor chip, 8 MB of rewriteable memory, 128KB of RAM, 96KB of video RAM and an advanced sound chip. The Turbo Charger could be locked on to the Genesis and gave it the boost needed to compete with the SNES.

As for games, you had huge releases such as Super Metroid (Note: Can be released on either vanilla SNES or SNES-CD), Super Street Fighter II, Mortal Kombat II, Donkey Kong Country, The Lion King, Sonic the Hedgehog 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and many more. In the arcades, games such as Ridge Racer and Virtua Fighter were making waves. Finally, rumblings came of the next wave of consoles, Nintendo was launching the Ultra NES, Sega had the launched the Saturn, but strangely enough, came a new contender to the Console Wars. One that had some involvement in games, but never made their own...

Sony. The console?

The PlayStation.
OOOOOOOOO Nintendo is going to be pissed.

Also, thought I would let you know. In the process of allowing Disney to license Nintendo for their theme parks, you butterflied away the upcoming nintendoland attraction at Universal Studios Japan and Orlando.

OOOOOOOOO Nintendo is going to be pissed.

Also, thought I would let you know. In the process of allowing Disney to license Nintendo for their theme parks, you butterflied away the upcoming nintendoland attraction at Universal Studios Japan and Orlando.

Whaddya mean? Nintendo's doing just fine, right Nintendo?

d6qfl3d-b8416918-9e8f-4eb1-a61d-f7bc2aa002a7.png

See? They're fine.

@eldandythedoubter

In other hand that come much early that OTL.
I mean that since disney liscensed the Nintendo Characthers for their parks, Universal will not be able to do the same. Perhaps they would be able to license Sega's Characthers if those movies are succsessful? Whose producing the movie for that?

That is too early, ultra/n64 was 1996, maybe just rumours?
It was called the Ultra NES? That actually makes sense. I am new to this whole thing. Learn something new every day.
It is possible, that if they collected enough money from sales of Movies, Merchandise, Disney Park Royalties, Consoles, and of course, video games. The could possibly speed up development. Might be able to get more developers on it. Also some Ideas for further writing.
1. A Kirby Movie, Something not a lot of people are talking about.
2. Could Bandai-Namco want to make a pac-man movie?

Double Dragon '95
Double Dragon '95

Double_Dragon_%28Double_Dragon_%2795%29_arcade_flyer.jpg

Developer:
Technōs Japan
Publisher: SNK/Technōs Japan
Platforms: Arcade/Neo Geo AES/SNES-CD/Neo Geo CD/Sega Saturn/PlayStation
Release Date: March 31 1995 (Arcade/AES/SNES-CD), June 2 1995/October 1996 (Neo Geo CD) April 26 1996/October 1996 (Saturn/PlayStation)​

Developed during the production of the film, Double Dragon '95 was the tie-in game and released on the arcade and multiple platforms. The game features a total of fourteen fighters, nine of whom are from the Double Dragon franchise (Billy Lee, Jimmy Lee, Marian Delario, Willy Mackey, Abobo, Duke, Burnov, Linda Lash and Chin Taimei) with five original characters (Patrick Dalton, Amon Yagyu, Cheng-Fu, Eddie and Rebecca Brielle)

The gameplay draws heavily from SNK's Fatal Fury franchise and sold well enough to not only stop Technos' bankruptcy but also lined SNK's pockets as well. The game would see a sequel in 1997, Double Dragon '97: Rage of the Dragons (a game released in 2002 OTL and meant to be a sequel, but got repurposed when the developers couldn't get the license. I'll talk about that one later.)

Last edited:
Street Fighter: The Movie
Street Fighter: The Movie

Street_Fighter_The_Movie_game_flyer.png

Developer:
Incredible Technologies (Arcade)/Capcom (Console)
Publisher: Capcom
Platforms: Arcarde/SNES-CD/Saturn/PlayStation
Release Date: June 1995 (Arcade), August 10, 1995 (SNES-CD/Saturn), September 9, 1995 (PlayStation)​

Yep, we got this game too. This actually did get produced much more smoothly than its OTL counterpart thanks to fewer characters and more experienced actors doing the green-screen (though Van Damme was still an utter pain in the ass.) The game comes with all the characters featured in the movie, but also six new characters; Bison Troopers Blade, Arkane, Khyber, F7 (all performed by developer Alan Noon and regarded as complete padding), Akuma and Sheng Long (who they actually managed to get done in time as opposed to OTL.) The game managed to become a hot seller thanks to the inclusion of Sheng Long and while the arcade version was trashed by reviewers, the home console releases got better reception thanks to Capcom making them feel more like a Street Fighter game.

Last edited: