Maps of the Worldwar Universe

USA_counties_BlankWorldwar-1.png

Here my attemp

davidr151

Banned
Great attempt. I think it might be a bit skewed towards the Americans. I'd give the Race a more of Florida and Kentucky and they may even reach southern Wisconsin trying to flank Chicago.

Darkest

Banned
I'd give the desert border areas where it was largely empty to the Race. All they'd need to do is bomb a few of the small cities in the Southwest. They couldn't take LA, but they could probably take a good part of Arizona, New Mexico, and some of Texas.

Didn't Larssen have to fight his way passed Race-occupied territory to Seattle? Makes me think that the Race were able to move from Idaho to capture much of the mountains seperating Washington from the east.

The Race were in control of territory all the way to Chicago. Eastern Kentucky should have more Race-held counties. More of Florida should be colored, as it was one of the landing zones.

Indochina was held because the Race avoided the wet jungles, and it was easy to conduct resistance there. There were also no nearby landing areas. In the Peace of Cairo, Indochina was held because the Race didn't want it or control any part of it, the Japanese did, and the other powers wanted as much territory to be taken by humans as possible.

But why didn't that happen anywhere else then? There must have been other parts of Asia, Africa, or the Americas in the same position.

davidr151

Banned
But why didn't that happen anywhere else then? There must have been other parts of Asia, Africa, or the Americas in the same position.

The Japanese had alot more troops in Indochina than any body else would in the inhospitible places the Race had not occupied by the peace and could reinforce them. Japan was also more willing and capable of fighting than the British or South Americans. The Race would have to work harder to take Indochina than any of those other areas.

Because the author was too lazy/simplist to think in other countries aside from the US, Britain, France, Germany, Italy, the USSR and Japan?

"The Japanese had alot more troops in Indochina than any body else would in the inhospitible places the Race had not occupied by the peace and could reinforce them. Japan was also more willing and capable of fighting than the British or South Americans. The Race would have to work harder to take Indochina than any of those other areas."

"Because the author was too lazy/simplist to think in other countries aside from the US, Britain, France, Germany, Italy, the USSR and Japan?"

I'm gonna have to go with the latter. Seriously.

davidr151

Banned
Great map, except I'd leave the coast of Lake Michigan, including Chicago American held since that never really fell completely.
The northwest pocket is way too big, in fact its probably even smaller than the one in the first map. This one probably includes Hanford which was being considered as a site for the nuclear program because it was remote and very unlikely to come under Race attack. The Race pocket just includes a portion of the Snake River Valley between Idaho Falls and Twin Falls according to the book where Larssen scouts Hanford.

Thande

Donor
Nice Map, though why does the Race have Antarctica?

Turtledove does mention that they have it in one of the Colonisation books. There's even a Race base of some sort there.

Even though the Race hate cold climates, they did come to conquer the whole planet, and so they got everything they could.

Turtledove does mention that they have it in one of the Colonisation books. There's even a Race base of some sort there.

Even though the Race hate cold climates, they did come to conquer the whole planet, and so they got everything they could.

I would think that it would go beyond hating cold climates because I can't really imagine them being able to survive there without the equivalent of a space suit, it just wouldn't seem worth it.

This just reminds me that I really need to finish that series.

Thande

Donor
Does anybody have any idea what Home, Tau Ceti II or whereever it was, looks like? Like, map-wise?
Not really.

A couple of geographical features are mentioned in the books but nothing more. Save for the fact that it's mostly land, with only a few small lakes and seas. The Lizards' equivalent of Magellan was the first one to lead a march around the whole planet. Of course, Home is culturally homogenised, and so...