Mapmaking Challenge: Scion RPG Map

Dom

Okay, our game has moved into the 2030s and a -lot- of stuff has happened, I think it would be great if someone could map a make of all of this stuff (though a lot of it is irrelevant fluff for you guys, I guess)

I have posted the map we were using before all this crap happen, but it is not great, consider it reference.

The constant press of the Titan War has changed. The enemies of the Gods are no longer content to send minions against the Overworlds and skirmish upon the face of the Earth. In the last week, the Aspects of the Titans have taken to the fields of battle and the War has grown desperate.

Asgard burns as the Fire Giants, lead by Surtr, advance on the Plain of Iduvall and force the Norse to battle. The prophecies of Ragnarok are thrown into chaos when Thor takes the field and is struck down by Surtr himself. Freyr’s sword is returned by a band of young Gods and the tide of the battle turns, but all of the power of the Norse is contained in Asgard.

Meanwhile, Hel’s siblings stir and it is revealed that the dark Goddess has allied with her Titanspawn brothers. The ice of Niflheim expands through Helheim and joins with the mysterious dark forests plaguing the Underworlds.

Mictlan has been nearly destroyed, choked with the dark plants summoned by the rogue God Hafgan. Now that Hel is joining forces with the Titans, she has summoned great storms of frost and snow to cover all of Mictlan, entombing the Underworld in ice. Her corpse armies flood through the crevices, enslaving the surviving Aztec dead.

One of the Irish Underworlds, Tech Duinn, vanishes mysteriously. All attempts to travel to it have been failures, ending in a dark sea that has no trace of the island where Donn once made his home and welcomed the undistinguished and dishonorable dead.

A vast effort from Lir sweeps across the British Isles, surging the seas and sinking the coastlines. London, the Isle of Man, Dublin and many other coastal cities or river-straddling cities are utterly destroyed. The Fomorians rise from the churning sea in unheard of numbers and Balor meets the Irish in battle, slaying Ogma. Manannan and Lugh join with the Morrigan to trap Bres in a prison made of magic and illusions, but are then forced to withdraw from battle to recover their powers. Scotland was frozen in eternal winter by the Cailleach, but not before the Scotts were evacuated to Norway by means of an ice-bridge thanks to the fast actions and foresight of a pair of Irish and Norse Demigods.

The Teotl are thrown into turmoil when a feint by the Obsidian Butterfly lures Chalchihuitlicue into battle, where she is abducted by Tiamat and Abzu. The Sumerians attempt to intervene, but their attack force is waylaid by agents of the Unity Titan. Triglav himself absorbs the essence of Sin and Tammuz before being driven away by Enki, Nergal and the Black Tezcatlipoca.

With the White and Black Tezcatlipocas occupied elsewhere, Tamoanchan strikes in full force. Mixcoatl, Coyolxauhqui, and the Four Hundred Southerners all attack the Sun at once. The Blue Tezcatlipoca rises to the challenge, racing into battle, accompanied by some of the younger members of the Pantheon. Xipe Totec comes to his brother’s aid, but is killed by Mixcoatl. While his death may be a regular occurrence, the year required for him to revive is more than the Teotl can afford. Huitzilopochtli himself survives and drives back the hordes, but in the process loses an arm.

Hel releases her brother, Jormungar, into the Sea of Japan. Ryujin attempts to meet the World Serpent in battle, but the rest of the Amatsukami are too slow to reinforce the Dragon God. Ryujin is devoured and the Sea of Japan filled with poison. Sun Wukong is badly wounded in the ensuing battle, requiring the power of Susano-O and Guan-Yin to aid him in combating the World Serpent. Jormungar retreats into the Underworld, but the damage is done.

The Slavic paradise of Irij is shattered when Jormungar travels the wrong World Tree in his escape from the Sea of Japan. He finds himself locked in a battle with Morena and Veles, wreaking havoc on the Slavic World Tree. Without the two Gods to defend the Endless Sea from the specters that have been encroaching on its waters, the Russian dead are overwhelmed and forced to flee into the Dark Forest.

Hafgan’s dark trees have trouble infiltrating some of the barren Underworlds like Hades, Duat, Yomi and Irkallu. Resolved to destroy them anyway, Nirrti launches a one-woman campaign against Yomi and Nakara. She even attempts to invade Irkallu, but is repulsed by Ereshkigal. The encounter may have left Ereshkigal comatose, but no one is actually sure if she’s acting any differently from normal.

The Dodekatheon is lured away from their mountain by a battle against Cronus and Gaia. In the chaos, Nemesis returns to Olympus, bearing the taint of Mortis with her. She frees Charon from his bindings and allows him to run rampant in Hades. Iris, the Hours, three of the Muses and Ganymede are killed by Nemesis before she disappears from the mountain. Hera is nearly killed by Cronus. The battle on Olympus continues to rage.

All across the Underworlds, the forests of Hafgan choke off normal access from the Mortal World. Only the most powerful Gods can force their way through the trees and hounds that patrol its depths. No mortal ghost is able to find its resting place and, as such, the number of hauntings, risen dead and hungry ghosts in the World surges. With the demands of the War, the fate of mortal ghosts must wait.

In the Pacific, the new continent of Lemuria is broken into an archipelago by tremendous tsunamis and underwater quakes. Gong Gong, the Dragon of Disaster, draws the Celestial Bureaucracy and the Polynesian Gods into a great battle over the shattered continent that continues as the Lemurians seek any method of escape from the ruins of their homeland.

In South America, Pachacamac, the Incan Sun God Inti’s errant son, has reappeared and is literally breaking the continent apart. The Apu attempt to keep the disasters minimal, and Viracocha, beaten nearly to death, calls Quetzalcoatl and Tlaloc to help keep the place from falling into the ocean.

Meanwhile, Babalu Aye in Africa, who has mutated AIDS into a form that is airborne and highly contagious. The entire continent is quarantined, but the Earth Aspects attempts to turn the fragments of South America into land bridges, which would force the disease into Europe and North America. Quetzalcoatl, Tlaloc, Pachamama, and Shango join forces to combat the Incan Aspect, succeeding in keeping South America intact, which prevents the mutated disease from spreading. Vichama beats his half-brother to a pulp, but all of the Gods in the battle are infected with a terrible god-plague and must remain sequestered from the other Pantheons.

The Thirty-Second Dynasty in Egypt has been thrown into Chaos. The serpent of darkness, Apep, rallied for a strike at the Solar Barque while many of Ra’s defenders were away dealing with the problems caused by Babalu Aye. The Sun God was grievously wounded and his Barque so badly damaged that it has not been able to move. For three days now the sun has stood still in the skies over Egypt. Set himself was assaulted by Eris while he tried to protect Ra. Many Gods were recovered from the wreckage of the Solar Barque, but Set is still missing. Not all the Barque’s passengers survived the attack: Saa, Mehen, Serket and Maahes were slain by Apep or Eris during the battle.
EDIT: It doesn't need to be in the same style of the same map, knock yourselves out making it look awesome!

I'll try to think of an appropriate prize for y'all.

map.JPG

Dom

Looks good!

My compatriots also seem appreciative of your work, thanks a lot, black_0

Dom

That'd be great!

My ST said he'd give a cookie to someone who could get a closer picture of the sunken British Isles.

Also, black_0, what font did you use for the map key?

That'd be great!

My ST said he'd give a cookie to someone who could get a closer picture of the sunken British Isles.

Also, black_0, what font did you use for the map key?

The font I used is called SimSun (mainly used to write in Chinese characters but it also handles Latin script).

EDIT: Also here is my try at making British Isles map:

scionbrit.png

scionbrit.png

Last edited:

Dom

Once again, I am in your debt... one of the other STs I play with may want some maps as well, if you want to do some more work, hehe. :eek:

Once again, I am in your debt... one of the other STs I play with may want some maps as well, if you want to do some more work, hehe. :eek:

I'm afraid that I'll be quite busy in the coming week but you could always direct your requests at me. I just don't guarantee that I will have time to meet them.

Dom

I'm afraid that I'll be quite busy in the coming week but you could always direct your requests at me. I just don't guarantee that I will have time to meet them.

Well, any requests I do get, i'll just be posting into this thread, so anybody who wants to give it a shot is more than welcome to!