Map Thread XXII

Spanish Empire conquered Japan in the 1500s
zs1CLLe.png

What does the lil info graphic say?
" I inform HM King Philip VIII of All Spain that thirty-three years after the bloody Quioto Rebellion those called Iquis continue in absolute decadence and that neither your highness nor the honourable members of the Court shall fear for HM's realms in these island of the Orient, to which its Indians call Nijon..."
"The inquisitions (this is a typo btw, "Inquisición" was always treated in singular, not plural) continue on their godly path of evangelizing (converting) these Indians, and I can reassure to HM that three out of every four Indians in the New Aragon profess already our catholic faith and speak our language".

@Molotov Jack and @Halogen did this map as a fun exercise involving mirrored America as a spinoff of mutually upcoming mapping projects.

View attachment 890856
Granted, if we were to add a little more realism, the new Aleutians would probably blunt the mid-Atlantic current, resulting in northern Britain and mainland Europe being cooler or at least more continental than otl, but it does look like a fun TL to live in.

Map from my nuclear war timeline, the Nucliad.

10 years and 3 months after the war, the former Western United States remains shattered and divided.

In the the dryer areas and deserts in the south, authority collapsed in most places under pressure from refugees, famine and infighting. Warlords and new cults emerged from the mess in most places with a few major exceptions. The north had a higher survival rate in the aftermath, yet poor leadership led to autocrats and radicals seizing control of many regions. The few democracies that remain are sparsely populated.

The region is slowly recovering however. It seems unlikely that America might ever fully reunify, but the more stable factions are consolidating and expanding as others collapse.
This is very cool, who are the Left Behinders at the Great Lakes?

Ummm it's not very good, but have a nice little German States map. 👍
View attachment 890948

What are those five little states in central Germany?
Those west of Brandenburg, northwest of Saxony, North of Thuringia and Hessen, east of Wesphalia, south of Hannover.

One of them is Brunswick I guess, Lippe and Waldeck as well, I think. The red is Anhalt? Then the blue is the Province of Magdeburg from the Prussian Province of Saxony but rest of Prussian Saxony seems to have been returned to Saxony proper.

What are those five little states in central Germany?
Those west of Brandenburg, northwest of Saxony, North of Thuringia and Hessen, east of Wesphalia, south of Hannover.

One of them is Brunswick I guess, Lippe and Waldeck as well, I think. The red is Anhalt? Then the blue is the Province of Magdeburg from the Prussian Province of Saxony but rest of Prussian Saxony seems to have been returned to Saxony proper.
Yes, Lippe and Waldeck are still states. And so is Anhalt. North of Anhalt is called Altmark. And below Hannover is Brunswick. I gave some of the more fractured states a bit of extra land.

Map from my nuclear war timeline, the Nucliad.

image.png

10 years and 3 months after the war, the former Western United States remains shattered and divided.

In the the dryer areas and deserts in the south, authority collapsed in most places under pressure from refugees, famine and infighting. Warlords and new cults emerged from the mess in most places with a few major exceptions. The north had a higher survival rate in the aftermath, yet poor leadership led to autocrats and radicals seizing control of many regions. The few democracies that remain are sparsely populated.

The region is slowly recovering however. It seems unlikely that America might ever fully reunify, but the more stable factions are consolidating and expanding as others collapse.
Great map! It kinda reminds me of Ephraim Ben Raphael's Stars and Stripes Forever. Have you fleshed out more of this world?

Wonderful and simply MARVELLOUS! As a TL writer who attempted a somewhat realistic Timurid invasion rife with logistical problems, I quickly realised the merit of establishing supply lines.

Also you are the first one I've seen to have realised that attacking during the Jingnan crisis would ensure a Timurid victory. That means DOING away or shortening his western campaigns. Though the war Against Ottomans was averted in a rather surprising way, one can't help but wonder what would have happened if Beyazid returned the politeness Timur addressed him in the first two letters...
Sup, my dude!

I'm sorry for answering this late. I won't lie, it's mostly because of laziness; I tried to answer your message, but my mind meandered off elsewhere whenever I tried to concentrate on something; it's annoying, truth be told.

Anyway, thank you; I put tons of effort and research into making the premise plausible. Reading books by Justin Marrozi and Peter Jackson helps a lot, especially in terms of how Timur is going to reach China in the first place. After a few reads, I realized the dude was serious about the whole endeavor; to illustrate this, here are some excerpts I took from Peter Jackson's book:

> He interrogated members of the Ming embassy, as well as the leaders of a merchant caravan that had come from China, about the wealth and manpower of that country; and according to Ibn ‛Arabshāh, he sent word from Rūm to Allāhdād, his lieutenant at Āshpara, requiring a report on the terrain, routes and landmarks in the eastern regions as far as the Ming territories, evidently in preparation for his invasion.

> Yazdī writes as if Āshpara was the frontier (sarḥadd) with Jata. Near the end of his life, while preparing to attack China, Timur made further provision for agricultural development in the regions between Samarkand and Āshpara.

This also made me dive deep into Ming history, especially during Yongle's time. At first, I just wanted to know about their relations with the Timurid Empire, but I ended up reading about how China had a brief civil war between the Jianwen Emperor and his uncle-vassals, especially the future emperor, Yongle. Since the war lasted 1399-1402, I thought those years were the only good opportunity for Timur to invade, so I went with it.

And you divided the empire into three! Not one but three Timurid empires, together with Golden horde and Ottomans would be a nigh unstoppable conquering machine. Though now with the big man dead they'll soon start squabbling and I can't wait to see what you do with Babur, if you have the will to continue.

Yeah, I plan to write a thread on Babur's invasion of China, especially under the format of the Baburnama. It'll be interesting to see him chronicle his, and what he thinks about China. More importantly, what does he think about the local melons there, lol.

Also which basemap did you use?

I generated the map through QGIS, my dude! If you don't mind waiting, I'm making a video tutorial on it. It's been a long time since I made something for YouTube, so it'll be neat to teach folks how to georeference something.

Finally, peace in Yemen (2025)
"Yemen had been engulfed in endless war for more than a decade, but this was coming to an end.
After the normalisation of relations between Saudi Arabia and Iran, they decided to negotiate how could the war in Yemen end once and for all. After harsh negotiations brokered by China between Iran, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and their respective Yemeni allies, the Houtis, the Presidential Leadership Council and the Southern Transitional Council, a peace plan was agreed: the partition of Yemen in three states, one ruled by each party, with economic and trade agreements between them to facilitate the post-war economic recovery. A creative solution for sure, but how will it avoid future conflicts remains uncertain."
95Swi9S.png

(not meant to be realistic)

Finally, peace in Yemen (2025)
"Yemen had been engulfed in endless war for more than a decade, but this was coming to an end.
After the normalisation of relations between Saudi Arabia and Iran, they decided to negotiate how could the war in Yemen end once and for all. After harsh negotiations brokered by China between Iran, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and their respective Yemeni allies, the Houtis, the Presidential Leadership Council and the Southern Transitional Council, a peace plan was agreed: the partition of Yemen in three states, one ruled by each party, with economic and trade agreements between them to facilitate the post-war economic recovery. A creative solution for sure, but how will it avoid future conflicts remains uncertain."
95Swi9S.png

(not meant to be realistic)
Pretty good, but that might be too close to current events to be a map.

Should we assume that the Vistula is internationalised, or that whatever country controls Poland has a port of its own - say, Klaipeda or Odessa ?
My original assumption was that Poland and Germany had to work out a thing so Poland could use Danzig, but the Vistula being international works better. Poland is still independent in this map, though.

Pretty good, but that might be too close to current events to be a map.
Does it count as CE if it’s implausible or unlikely? Or is the degree of implausibility the key point? Does ASB fly if it’s about modernity? We know it certainly does sometimes, but if it’s a “flashpoint” does that count as “get out of here and go to chat”?