Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Transylvania.png

Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to post this query... but I'm having trouble working out the equivalences on a particular map. It is from a homestuck fan comic (the link is here:
, potential spoilers for homestuck I guess).
It is a future Earth after thousands of years with different coastlines and higher sea levels probably - and different names for everywhere. I am trying to work out which continents are which.
What i know or have worked out so far:
Gastrell is South America
Meteor Mound in southern Hemeran is on what was once the where the Somalian border touches the sea
Old Europa (also in Hemeran) could be where Europe once was, but that could be a misleading name

I'd appreciate any help y'all could give me <3

There comes a time in every mapper's life when you want to draw a map of (post)colonized Europe. And not everyone can fight this destructive urge.
hlHBS9c.png

Last edited:
There comes a time in every mapper's life when you want to draw a map of (post)colonized Europe. And not everyone can fight this destructive urge.
T3iBYDQ.png

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK BABY 💪🏽 🇷🇸

710C4653-DA35-4356-AFBD-FE9E2E93E8D7.jpeg

Also damn Montenegrin tricolour (Serbian or upside down Russian with lighter blue) for Gardariki.

View attachment 827762
A map of the Roman Commonwealth (Latin: Respublica Romana) in the year 2000 AD. Formed in 1926 by the rapproachment of the Habsburg Monarchy and the Kingdom of Frnace in the aftermath of the Central Powers' victory in the Great War and the Austro-German Split of 1924 over the fate of Poland, the Commonwealth is the manifestation of the pan-Christian ambitions of Emperor Karl I, Emperor Alexei I, and King Alfonso XIII & I. Originally an economic union between the founding states, it has been moving toward poitical integration in recent years with the establishment of a common currency, a common travel area, and a common senate. The Commonwealth is headquartered in Rome and leans heavily into the Roman and Chrisitian heritage of Europe, as well as being committed to the defense of Christendom elsewhere in the world. Not shown above are the Commonwealth's non-European territories, ands observer states of Armenia, the Papal State, Poland, and Lithuania. Feel free to ask for more lore.
Just waned to say, if anyone is interested, I just posted a flag I made for the Commonwealth in the flag thread: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/flag-thread-v.495057/page-103#post-24145540

Status
Not open for further replies.