Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
24D0FA3A-A943-4B1E-A0F8-B9045DFD9A47_1_201_a.jpeg

A Map of North America in the 5th Century

Seen above is a political map of North America, produced in the year 507 NA (~2490 AD). The map was commissioned for the Imperial court of Agustīn VII of the Mexican Empire. The map is a great display of the burgeoning Age of Exploration that would blossom in the coming century.

A number of countries shown on the map were only speculated to exist, or known only through trade with other countries. Nutta, the furthest north country shown, was later understood to be fictitious. The western borders of Aplacha were entirely speculative, and later shown to be hugely exaggerated. On the other hand, Bazdin's size was diminished in the map, which is believed to be the result of Yōak traders disparaging their northern neighbour. One nation included in the map, known as Nephi, had ceased to exist nearly a century prior to the map's creation.

Draft map of East Asia for my TL (link in signature) in roughly 1870. Key features are a Korea dominated by the French, a much more successful Dzungaria, and parts of China that have been eaten by Russia and Korea.
map of east asia 1870.png

EDIT: A previous edition of this map referred to Dzungaria as Kashgaria. That was incorrect, and I have updated it here.

Last edited:
View attachment 761642
A much larger yet still kind of realistic Germany, where The Talleyrand plan to partition Belgium went into effect:
View attachment 761644
And Bismarck accepted the Danish King's proposal to unite Germany and Denmark on the condition schleswig remains Danish. (Happened irl, when shortly before the Second Schelswig war ended Christian IX of Denmark went behind the backs of the Danish government to contact the Prussians, offering that the whole of Denmark could join the German confederation, if Denmark could stay united with Schleswig and Holstein. This proposal was rejected by Bismarck irl, who feared that the ethnic strife in Schleswig between Danes and Germans would then stay unresolved. )
Fun map, though this shows Holstein and Saxe-Lauenburg as part of Prussia, when given zmeklenburg and Thuringia, one would expect them to have grey internal borders in Denmark like the provinces of Prussia. And as someone else mentioned, there is the thing of that annexed land from the Netherlands being supposed to go directly to Prussia. I personally like it being separate and am sure that, given the sheer amount of horse-trading that went on during and after the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars, that something like both of these could happen. Though come to think of it, the Austro-Prussian War may not happen here if they are not fighting over Holstein, thus the Prussians wouldn’t annex so many of the other areas like Hanover.

1658948202803.png

Hopefully this Byzantine scenario is more interesting than the usual wank.

Iran after not only losing their 1813 treaty of Gulistan borders but also losing everything else in the Caucasus....

AND KHUZESTAN!!!!!!????

1658947387245.png

Larid Iran better have some territorial compensation in the east because man I'd be lying if they didn't look like they were somehow doing worse than the Qajar dynasty.

In all seriousness though, I love the map. I think this map is so interesting for me because of just how badly Iran ended up even though there doesn't seem to have been an Islamic Conquest. What happened? Did the Sasanian Empire slowly collapse after the Byzantine-Sasanian war and leave a bunch of successor states that the Larids are now trying to unify? Or was the Larid Empire once great and is now on it's last legs? Regardless, I think this is an interesting scenario for multiple reasons, namely:

1. BIG Byzantium
2. smol Iran
3. No Islamic Conquest

I haven't seen too many maps with a BIG Iranian empire. Maybe I will make one myself.

Last edited:
1658985469922.png

map of the Roman Confederation in 1697, after the Proclamation of Berne and the Unification of the 2 empires of the House of Rhédey-Calvin (named people are members)

Status
Not open for further replies.