Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is the union of the Grand Duchies of Berg and Frankfurt shown as colored different from the rest? Does their having the Ruhr mean they are a bit more independent from, or bought up by, the French?
Oh I followed the style they are colored in hadaril's WorldA series. Per my understanding, this indicates their lesser positions compared to bigger members like Bavaria or Saxony.

P/S: well, maybe you can say they are more independent in the sense that they don't have to contribute troops to the Union in wartime, just economic means.

Last edited:
Want the backstory? Visit the thread for this scenario. It is the blue thing underneath this post that says "The Great War of 2050"
1646148518031.png

This is the Navy Map. This is around the beginning of 2050. However, Belarus, Pakistan, and Taiwanese navies are considered NATO, and Chinese navies are considered CSTO. Intended to persuade people to volunteer for the navy, this was posted around the Pakistani-Belarusian Betrayal everywhere. Be it NATO, CSTO, or even neutral countries. However, I removed all the propaganda and just put the labels on it (totally didn't take the original map and edit it...)

Thoughts and comments?

Want the backstory? Visit the thread for this scenario. It is the blue thing underneath this post that says "The Great War of 2050"View attachment 722627
This is the Navy Map. This is around the beginning of 2050. However, Belarus, Pakistan, and Taiwanese navies are considered NATO, and Chinese navies are considered CSTO. Intended to persuade people to volunteer for the navy, this was posted around the Pakistani-Belarusian Betrayal everywhere. Be it NATO, CSTO, or even neutral countries. However, I removed all the propaganda and just put the labels on it (totally didn't take the original map and edit it...)

Thoughts and comments?
Belarus has a navy? Where are their ports?

df0tc3m-5379fc44-c463-4aa3-aa97-9f259acb0409.png

I'm trying to start making WorldA maps with pixel art, so I thought it's best to start small with this map to get used to it. This took me some hours to do which was longer than I expected. Questions and comments are appreciated!

He abandons India as in OTL (where Chandragupta soon builds an empire there, forging friendly relations with Macedonia in the process) and builds a massive fleet for an Arabian campaign subjugating the coasts and installing pro-Macedonian tributaries there. After some time here, he campaigns in Magna Graecia. The various cities there proclaim him hegemon. He then goes to war with the Samnites, allying with Rome to take revenge on the people who killed his uncle. After some later action in Sicily doing the same, his large fleet sails to Carthage. After some skirmishes, the Carthaginians are intimidated so much they agree to accept Alexander as hegemon. The other Greek and Punic cities in the western Mediterranean eventually follow.

Finally, Alexander sails for the Pillars of Hercules, where he and his army weep, for now, there are no more worlds to conquer.

He spends the rest of his reign with administration and building various cities like the dual capitals of Babylon and Alexandria. By 288 B.C., Alexander dies, having achieved legendary success and is set to be deified during the reign of his adult son and successor. Alexander's long reign begins a melding of Greek and Persian and other cultures. A different Hellenistic era is on the horizon.

Fantastic stuff!

I wonder what the most Hellenistic place you can find outside of Greece itself.

To be perfectly honest, I can only wonder how long can Alexander's Empire actually last in the long term. Will it go the way of China, or OTL Rome? Or even the Romans and others taking advantage of the chaos.

Probably somewhere on Cyprus.
Either that or the west coast of Anatolia.

EDIT: or Magna Graecia.
See, this is what I mean. It's absurd to exclude Ionia from any conception of "within Greece itself" in this period, but if then we're not defining "Greece itself" as the borders of the modern Greek state, then it all goes out the window! What is Greece????? What are Greeks????

Fantastic stuff!

I wonder what the most Hellenistic place you can find outside of Greece itself.

To be perfectly honest, I can only wonder how long can Alexander's Empire actually last in the long term. Will it go the way of China, or OTL Rome? Or even the Romans and others taking advantage of the chaos.
Still traces of Greek culture in Transoxiana and the Hindu Kush in OTL so that would be my suggestion for this one.

Ice Cricket World Cup 2019, by Sārthākā
hh6dE08.png

In the immediate aftermath of the 7 years war, it was nearly indisputable as fact that Cricket was the most popular sport in the 13 colonies, with New York Club defeating Cardiff Club being cheered on as a sort of colonial civil pride. By the 1860s however, Cricket had died as a popular sport in the 13 colonies and its successor - the USA. But what if it didn't? What if Cricket remained the most popular sport in the 13 colonies, and the USA? This is a small map graphic exploring that scenario.

Thoughts and comments?

hh6dE08.png

In the immediate aftermath of the 7 years war, it was nearly indisputable as fact that Cricket was the most popular sport in the 13 colonies, with New York Club defeating Cardiff Club being cheered on as a sort of colonial civil pride. By the 1860s however, Cricket had died as a popular sport in the 13 colonies and its successor - the USA. But what if it didn't? What if Cricket remained the most popular sport in the 13 colonies, and the USA? This is a small map graphic exploring that scenario.

Thoughts and comments?
I didn't know Cricket was that old, or that colonial America played against teams from Great Britain. Very interesting.

Europe after the Crisis of the Third Century, by Sārthākā
W39LAFt.png

The Crisis of the Third Century ended badly for the Romans. The Gauls and Palmyrenes split off from the Empire, and the Sassanids - who had made deals with the Palmyrenes - invaded Northern Anatolia in support of the Palmyrenes. Colchisians and Bosporans shook off Roman mastery declaring their independence in the chaos. A Carthaginian Punic General by the name of Hamilcar rebelled in Carthage as well with the aid of the Berber and Numidian tribes, ending Roman rule over the region as well. Peace was signed but by the end of the 3rd century as per the Christian calendar, peace seems to be falling apart. A native Brythonic rebellion threw out the Gauls in the 280s, and tensions between Rome and Carthage are mounting again. The future is anything but bright in the 3rd century.

This is my map that came to me after seeing one to many 'Big Rome Forever!' maps. Thoughts and comments?

W39LAFt.png

The Crisis of the Third Century ended badly for the Romans. The Gauls and Palmyrenes split off from the Empire, and the Sassanids - who had made deals with the Palmyrenes - invaded Northern Anatolia in support of the Palmyrenes. Colchisians and Bosporans shook off Roman mastery declaring their independence in the chaos. A Carthaginian Punic General by the name of Hamilcar rebelled in Carthage as well with the aid of the Berber and Numidian tribes, ending Roman rule over the region as well. Peace was signed but by the end of the 3rd century as per the Christian calendar, peace seems to be falling apart. A native Brythonic rebellion threw out the Gauls in the 280s, and tensions between Rome and Carthage are mounting again. The future is anything but bright in the 3rd century.

This is my map that came to me after seeing one to many 'Big Rome Forever!' maps. Thoughts and comments?
Just wondering what it will look like when rome splits.

W39LAFt.png

Really doubt you find any Carthaginians Punics to pull that off. You far more likely to have Romanized Berbers doing their own thing.

Also doubtful of an Brythonic rebellion.

Last edited:
1646250492333.png

Recently was recommended "The Road Not Taken" by Harry Turtledove, and one thing led to another, so here is this thing. (ignore the few spelling errors i might have missed)

TLDR, Aliens with ~1810 technology invade Earth in 1917. Shenanigans ensue. (also read The Road Not Taken if you haven't its pretty good short read).

Status
Not open for further replies.