Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turkic Languages.png

A world where Turkic languages developed differently and are a little bigger.

I just cut out Mexico because I don't know enough about it to make any interesting predictions or observations.
No observations have really been shown anyways. I take it you will do that in a future writeup? You could always show Yucatán as a different color from the rest of Mexico, as I think the map would show enough that we cannot see the land border between Mexico and Yucatán, or you could either show the internal divisions of Mexico and say it is showing the expanded rights each Mexican state has in the federation, or make it a unitary state. Honestly, just showing Mexico should be enough. Even if they have lost land to this border state, and possibly gained a bit of southern Texas, I would say it- Hmmmm, actually, the border state does make it more difficult for Mexico to have as much of an effect, as if they were bordering an independent Texas, California and Arizona-New Mexico. Or maybe more? Seems like a good place for the UN to send in peacekeepers for. I will just assume this is Aztlan, and due to it Colorado and other states deported their own Mexicans to prevent further expansionist claims. What is the capital of the pink area? Seems like it has chipped away at the borders of too many other groups. The Rockies outdoor make that difficult, but given how the Pacific state clings to the coast, I am guessing it is mainly focuses on urban areas. You might want to consider having Quebec take back Anticosti and maybe seize some of the blue areas of Labrador, which they claim. If things start breaking up, they will want to take what they can get. Personally I like Quebec having lost the island. Gives a potential for future tension.

Gyspsy Civilization.png

A thought experiment about what if Romani and Alligned peoples had turned into conquerers and created a majorand influential civilization during the Middle Ages that stretches from the Balkans to Indian Border.

Status
Not open for further replies.