Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
DAN is great for certain things but it's more of a gag and it can't just be "switched on" for continuous use (you have to often remind it to be a DAN, which seems to reset its memory even within the conversation).

I look forward to the day where these sorts of systems can be used in-home with your own rules applied, but I imagine that's far off.
I recently read about a 4 gigabyte uncensored package that you can run locally. Seems entirely possible now.

VosmhDd.png

B9jJL7U.png

NiW8yh9.png

Alternate timeline where Bolesław II of Mazovia/Płock is not a total piece of shit and decides not to ruin his country with more infighting. More specifically:
  • Instead of demanding his paternal inheritance while still co-ruling with his brother Konrad II, they make an alliance and agree to split the realm amicably.
    • Konrad II will be the sole Duke of Mazovia
    • Bolesław II will be given Płock and full support in any attempts to fight the Knights
  • Bolesław II marries a Lithuanian princess as in OTL, and leverages this alliance along with his brother to fight the Teutonic Knights, retaking Chełmno/Michałowo area
    • Since fighting took place over Chełmno and not Mazovia, Mazovia is not devastated as OTL
  • When High Duke Bolesław V the Chaste dies, Bolesław II support's Leszek II the Black's claim.
    • The lack of heavy fighting over the succession means Sandomierz is not devastated as OTL
  • The country is overall in a better position, meaning in 1282 they are more able to help Mestwin II regain his independence. Mestwin of Pomerelia comes under the protection of Poland
  • Bolesław II uses his influence to set up a clear succession before Leszek II dies, leading to another smooth transition of the Seniorate province of Kraków, this time to Henryk IV
  • Henryk IV, with the help of Bolesław II and Przemysł II, is crowned properly at Gniezno cathedral as King of Poland - thus ending the fragmentation earlier than OTL
  • Henryk launches a campaign against Denmark, retaking firm control of Szczecin. The old dukes are driven out and the area is put under the control of Władysław the Elbow-High (Łokietek) as compensation for his claims to Leszek II's former land.
  • Konrad II of Mazovia dies 1 year earlier, still childless as in OTL, meaning Mazovia passes to Bolesław II
And yes - some of those smaller "dukes" were playing musical chairs. The dukes of Żagań and Ścinawa switched titles and I cannot figure out why.

And also yes - I realise this is incredibly niche. I was planning to write this up as an SI story, but as I am a horrible writer, I'm not sure it will ever get done.

gpNC5Rr.png

"I envy that boy.
Glory is waiting there for him, I had to run after Her.
I will have been Phillip, he will be Alexander.
He has only to extend an arm, and the world is his."
-Napoleon I

He still dies from tuberculosis, but he caught it fighting in Shandong, after conquering the known world...
Dying, he wished to see Paris one last time, but he only made it as far as Baghdad...
His cousins and marshals tried to keep his empire together, but it was for naught...

gpNC5Rr.png

"I envy that boy.
-Napoleon I

He still dies from tuberculosis, but he caught it fighting in Shandong, after conquering the known world...
Dying, he wished to see Paris one last time, but he only made it as far as Baghdad...
His cousins and marshals tried to keep his empire together, but it was for naught...
Insane, I love it

Insane, I love it
TY x'D

Alternate timeline where Bolesław II of Mazovia/Płock is not a total piece of shit and decides not to ruin his country with more infighting. More specifically:
Bro, I've at least, tried to understand this era of Polish history before. But, too many characters, and every time I try, I mix up all the cousins, even before we get into the Silesian Piasts. RIP. I would totally read an SI TL tho

TY x'D

Bro, I've at least, tried to understand this era of Polish history before. But, too many characters, and every time I try, I mix up all the cousins, even before we get into the Silesian Piasts. RIP. I would totally read an SI TL tho
The fragmentation period is insane.

It's so hard to keep track of who's who, especially with the seemingly random trading of duchies and territory.

gpNC5Rr.png

"I envy that boy.
-Napoleon I

Glorious! Vive la France! Vive Napoleon!

gpNC5Rr.png

"I envy that boy.
-Napoleon I

>Not doing the Caesarian Eurasian sickle cut
absolute 0/10, every Great Man knows you NEED to invade Russia through Persia and India while blocking off the access through eastern europe.
1680433683596.png

It's basic geostrategy jesus christ.

>Not doing the Caesarian Eurasian sickle cut
absolute 0/10, every Great Man knows you NEED to invade Russia through Persia and India while blocking off the access through eastern europe.
View attachment 822471
It's basic geostrategy jesus christ.
The generals stared with a mix of confusion and horror as Napoleon painted the vast red arrow across the giant map.

"Mon empereur..." One of them started, before being shushed by a raised finger.

"Monsieurs, we must go to India and China to secure Europe."

Their heads drooped one by one. He would not be dissuaded.

"Oui, mon empereur" they said, dejected.

gpNC5Rr.png

"I envy that boy.
-Napoleon I

Alexander the great moment

What's the symbolism of the South African flag ITTL and why did they maintain their nukes ITTL?
This design was proposed by the African National Congress in OTL. The "Mari El Effect" has generally slowed down nuclear disarmament around the world, even if temporarily. Or maybe I just like fourteen circles better than thirteen.

A simple couple of maps, made because I had been interested on the matter and didn't find any simple maps portraying useful info.

Welcome to the (Lombard) Kingdom of all Italy, in the last years of Liutprand's reign (740-744) :

Lombard_Italy.PNG

Lombard_Italy_Areas.png

(Showing the inner divisions of Langobardia Major)

gpNC5Rr.png

"I envy that boy.
-Napoleon I

Very cool! I'm curious to see what the collapse ended up looking like. Were there a bunch of successor states modeling themselves on the Napoleonic empire or were there heavy repercussions for France back in Europe? Or both?

gpNC5Rr.png

"I envy that boy.
-Napoleon I

Alexander the Great come again.

Or...

Great Britain worst nightmare.

And as in the first time, next you the Diadochi.

Status
Not open for further replies.