Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should consider a polar projection if you're going to have all of your land in one hemisphere.
I would like to have a version centered on the north pole, but I don't know quite how to do that. The website I used to put the map onto a globe has a number of map projections, but I can't shift the basemap around, nor can I put the map into Azimuthal Equidistant. Do you know any softwares that could help me out?

jl64op7fkte71.png

Syria is the remnant of the crusades, the descendant of the Kingdom of Jerusalem and the only crusader state that survived. Its creation effectively stopped any Arab attempts at expanding into Libya (Africa).

😕 ?? You are aware the Arabs conquered north Africa a long time before the Crusades, right?

I would like to have a version centered on the north pole, but I don't know quite how to do that. The website I used to put the map onto a globe has a number of map projections, but I can't shift the basemap around, nor can I put the map into Azimuthal Equidistant. Do you know any softwares that could help me out?

I've never used it, but NASA makes a map projection tool: https://www.giss.nasa.gov/tools/gprojector/

Free, of course - or rather, paid for by the tax payers of the US of A.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Well, that's a week for Plagiarism.

The image has a copyright printed right on it, yet you gave NO indication that it was not your own work, nor did you credit where you sourced the copyrighted material.

This is a one bite offense.

You just had yours.

Well, that's a week for Plagiarism.

The image has a copyright printed right on it, yet you gave NO indication that it was not your own work, nor did you credit where you sourced the copyrighted material.

This is a one bite offense.

You just had yours.
What if it's a fake stamp to make the map more "immersive"? Or if it's HIS copyright?

The only trustworthy software I know is Gplates. It has some complex features, so I recommend checking out a tutorial (although you might use it only to accurately draw on polar regions).

Last edited:

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
What if it's a fake stamp to make the map more "immersive"? Or if it's HIS copyright?
If the latter is the case, provided he can demonstrate that is it his work from 2007 then the action will be rolled back. If it the former he would still need to illustrate that it was his work, since it was already posted elsewhere (and not just in the last few days, as would be the case if it was a new work).

I can only imagine that this is a South Africa that is Nazi-adjacent in both its style of rule and opinions on race but I have to say that I love this map, specifically how it tricks the eye into being drawn away from incredibly interesting other information and forces you to really think about the details of this world and how it came to be.

In any event, I hope at least comparably better days are ahead for this universe's South Africa. Well done!
As a matter of fact, that last one is up for debate.

Southern_Africa_-_Civil_War.png

Status
Not open for further replies.