Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The world in 1926 AD, ten years after the Great War in which the Entente Cordiale (France, Germany, Habsburgs, Ottomans, Bulgaria) defeated the Allied Powers (UK, Russia, Serbia, Italy, Japan).
If France defeated the English, why did it take so little ?
The Anglo-Norman Channel Islands imo are an obvious take for a nationalist France, and Québec, Sierra Leone, and Egypt could all easily be justified as French takes. As it stands, France got... Aosta and the Gambia ?

The Anglo-Norman Channel Islands imo are an obvious take for a nationalist France, and Québec, Sierra Leone, and Egypt could all easily be justified as French takes. As it stands, France got... Aosta and the Gambia ?
Yep, mind control was definitely involved in this war.

Last edited:
I honestly just forgot about Channel Islands, but it wasn't that large of a defeat for the British. Most of the fighting occurred in theatres of the war I don't think even the combined navies of France and Germany could hope to inflict a defeat on the UK to project power into North America. And Egypt revolted against Britain and gained independence in the war.
Stranger things have happened (perhaps :p) than a Franco-German Entente... but yeah, it would be interesting to hear the "back story" behind how it happened in the years leading up to the Great War :)
Its mostly the result of the ally of my ally is my friend effect with some of the enemy of my enemy is my friend effect. The PoD is in 1867, when Henri, Comte de Chambord conceives a miracle child with his wife. The birth of a healthy son for the Chambords after Maria Theresa had hit menopause was seen as divine favour for the Legitimist cause throughout much of France and contributed to a minor religious revival in the country. After the Second Empire is overthrown as OTL, the Third Republic's first elections result in a Legitimist supermajority that promptly restores Henri to the throne. His son, Henri VI is very devout and seeks to forge an alliance with the other major Catholic power in Europe, the Habsburgs. The Habsburgs also being allied to Germany along with the Germans being rivaled to Britain, whose relationship with France takes a hit after an alt. Fashoda Crisis, and also rising strains on the Russian alliance due to some clashes between French and Russian interests in the Middle East lead to a Franco-German rapprochement in the early 1900s.

1x7z13hqbdla1.png

The Republic of Italy in 1807, featuring depictions of President Jean Bernadotte and a personification of Italy, Italia turrita.

From my timeline, The World of Tricolors and Traditions: Human History Without Napoleon.

I finally get to post a map from my TL, The Scandalous Lives of American Royalty without spoiling any chapters that are still unpublished.

(And looking at it now, the spoilers are mild enough that I should have just posted it before, but still)

The gist of the timeline, for those interested, is a monarchist America, starting with Prince Henry of Prussia and going to modern days. It is written in the form of biographies for each member of the Royal line and many of their spouses, exploring their lives and interactions with the United States and the world.

HvlWUn9.png

As for the map itself... I liked the rather simple way it turned out, with the State names and all. The State shapes are quite fun in my opinion, I especially like Big Dakota, but everything generally feels quite interesting. And the small State between the US and Mexico is an independent Texas Republic that has remained outside the US because it is home to diehard Republicans (who in the TL are also associated with slavery, think states rights' people).

The flag is a common 37-stars US flag, I chose the design I liked the most to use, since it's such an uneven number.

So if you find the map intriguing, I encourage anyone to go check out the TL, but I can also answer things out here, and I would like to know what people here think of the map in general, it's been a while since I've posted a map (I'm working on another for an unrelated scenario, though)

1679501586471.png

A quick little AH scenario that started off as a Baltic Russia-wank
- Charles II dies early and Jospeh Ferdinand becomes King of the Spanish Crown, alt War of the Spanish Succession ensues leading to Bavaria receiving the Spanish Netherlands, Savoy receiving Sardinia and Sicily, Austria Milan, Phillip V becoming king of the Crown of Castille, Charles of Berry becoming King of Naples and Aragon going to Austria
- Queen Anne has a male kid that lives and George of Denmark becomes king of Denmark-Norway and dies, resulting in War over the Danish Succession, England confirms control over Denmark and retakes Scania in exchange for Norway
-Alt-Austrian Succession leads to Bohemia PUing with Bavaria, Lorraine PUing Austria, and Aragon goes to Maria Anna
-Even better outcome for Russia in Great Northern War
-Second Great Northern War leads to Russia annexation of Finland, Prussia, PU with Oldenburg and Schleswig Holstein

l5DtPGH.png

The world in 1926 AD, ten years after the Great War in which the Entente Cordiale (France, Germany, Habsburgs, Ottomans, Bulgaria) defeated the Allied Powers (UK, Russia, Serbia, Italy, Japan).
I wonder what the world will look like in the present?

Who became the monarchs of the Eastern European countries that were carved out of Russia?

Why didn’t the United States get involved in the Great War?

Is Henri VI still the reigning monarch of France in 192
View attachment 820058
A quick little AH scenario that started off as a Baltic Russia-wank
- Charles II dies early and Jospeh Ferdinand becomes King of the Spanish Crown, alt War of the Spanish Succession ensues leading to Bavaria receiving the Spanish Netherlands, Savoy receiving Sardinia and Sicily, Austria Milan, Phillip V becoming king of the Crown of Castille, Charles of Berry becoming King of Naples and Aragon going to Austria
- Queen Anne has a male kid that lives and George of Denmark becomes king of Denmark-Norway and dies, resulting in War over the Danish Succession, England confirms control over Denmark and retakes Scania in exchange for Norway
-Alt-Austrian Succession leads to Bohemia PUing with Bavaria, Lorraine PUing Austria, and Aragon goes to Maria Anna
-Even better outcome for Russia in Great Northern War
-Second Great Northern War leads to Russia annexation of Finland, Prussia, PU with Oldenburg and Schleswig Holstein
Very interesting map! It would be cool to see more of this scenario.

What year is the map set in?

Does Frederick I of Sweden have any children?

I wonder what effects of Britain being in a personal union with Denmark would have on Scandinavia.

Last edited:
What's the story behind that (Turkic?) Super-Khanate that correct me if I'm wrong is still connected to France and Iberia? Its rad.
Iberia just has a similar colour, its an ethnic Berber ruled, Mozarabic speaking Al-Andalus.

Yeah, Kyrgyz Turks specifically. They've conquered Europe all the way to France(itself ruled by an Aquitaine based state with vassals). Hungary(Polish Slav ruled), Germany and Eastern France is directly ruled by hereditary chiefs and Rani(Pomerania), Pannonia and Sorbia by vassals while Italian Illyria and Anfya(Hungarian ruled state based from Southern Poland) are tributaries.

Thus far, China's the only one with proper gunpowder weapons. The novelty of such weapons and probably more importantly, fortifications across their border(disproportionately using rivers and mountains as natural boundaries) allowed a Southern Chinese dynasty to keep out the Turks.

Anyways, I'm still trying to get like 1 or 2 more players to see if I can continue the map game.

Last edited:
Iberia just has a similar colour, its an ethnic Berber ruled, Mozarabic speaking Al-Andalus.

Yeah, Kyrgyz Turks specifically. They've conquered Europe all the way to France(itself ruled by an Aquitaine based state with vassals). Hungary(Polish Slav ruled), Germany and Eastern France is directly ruled by hereditary chiefs and Rani(Pomerania), Pannonia and Sorbia by vassals while Italian Illyria and Anfya(Hungarian ruled state based from Southern Poland) are tributaries.

Thus far, China's the only one with proper gunpowder weapons. The novelty of such weapons and probably more importantly, fortifications across their border(disproportionately using rivers and mountains as natural boundaries) allowed a Southern Chinese dynasty to keep out the Turks.

Anyways, I'm still trying to get like 1 or 2 more players to see if I can continue the map game.
Never thought I'd see a Kyrgyzstan-wank but its neato lol

This is amazing. Lots of the stuff I love to see in ATLs though I worry there’s too much lore to catch up on for me to be willing to try my hand at a turn.
If you're willing to read the last two turns before you post I think you'll get everything close enough that I'll be able to correct whatever small mistakes that are left when I post the map.

I wonder what the world will look like in the present?

Who became the monarchs of the Eastern European countries that were carved out of Russia?

Why didn’t the United States get involved in the Great War?

Is Henri VI still the reigning monarch of France in 192
In fact, I have a present day map ready to go for later today.

The Baltic States are part of Prussia though very very autonomous. Lithuania is ruled in personal union with Saxony and Poland is in personal union with Austria.

The USA simply had no incentive to join the war as there was really not much fighting that affected the USA and the war was over much quicker than OTL, it only lasted 2 years, so they didn't have the opportunity to get involved either.

Yes, Henri VI is still King of France.

Status
Not open for further replies.