Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
SAME BORDERS, DIFFERENT WORLD
worl.png

The appropriate thing to do if you’re concerned about a user on this site is to report a post or PM mods, not link to some offsite drama and obnoxiously gloat when they’re banned.
This is aggressively out of line and you should know better. Kicked for a week.
Let’s make that a ban, his only other post in the past year is an unprovoked attack on someone.

Frustrated with my perpetual paucity of progress on projects persisting past one day (look through the WIP thread at all the things I'm working on but can't seem to finish), I resolved to take a map I had once started about a more successful Indian War of Independence and finish it in one day. It didn't happen in quite that time but at least I can now present it to you here...

Edit (description):
This map depicts a world where the Indian Rebellion/War of Independence/Mutiny was more (though not entirely) successful, preserving the Mughals in truncated form alongside its fellow gunpowder empires in Iran and Turkey (and incidentally collapsing much of British power for the next generation).

Almost ninety years later, the world is fighting a second world war, pitting a modernized & disgruntled Japan and Austria-Hungary (taking Libya in WW1 created a great opportunity for deporting dissidents) in alliance with a revenge-craving France against much of the rest of the world, a clash that will determine much of coming human history.
View attachment 778449
I want to see more

Is it possible to remove their sig? We've rightly seen the back of soviet killer, I'm not sure we need a link to their deviantart or to give a troll the satisfaction.
I wouldn’t necessarily describe Water as a troll. While he definitely seems like just a troll from the information available to the moderators, he is genuinely on this site to read and create works of alternate history, he’s just been too busy, perfectionistic, and unfocused to actually finish a project to a degree that he’s satisfied with (he’s a friend of mine offsite so I know such things).

He does have a tendency to bash on certain folks though, especially those plopping hints of far right ideas into their work like Sovietkiller. His methods may not have been great but with the knowledge I have I can say with 90% certainty that the purpose of his account was not to troll.

If @Burton K Wheeler is willing, I might even suggest that a kick should be enough for him to learn his lesson and it could be ok to reconsider the ban

I wouldn’t necessarily describe Water as a troll. While he definitely seems like just a troll from the information available to the moderators, he is genuinely on this site to read and create works of alternate history, he’s just been too busy, perfectionistic, and unfocused to actually finish a project to a degree that he’s satisfied with (he’s a friend of mine offsite so I know such things).

He does have a tendency to bash on certain folks though, especially those plopping hints of far right ideas into their work like Sovietkiller. His methods may not have been great but with the knowledge I have I can say with 90% certainty that the purpose of his account was not to troll.

If @Burton K Wheeler is willing, I might even suggest that a kick should be enough for him to learn his lesson and it could be ok to reconsider the ban

Send me a PM, please.

After a long hiatus of not posting anything I'm back with a WIP of a map showing the special military operation against Sweden. :)

Attachments

• IMG_E48A35C99ECB-1.jpg
    IMG_E48A35C99ECB-1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 618
I say whatever he did, you probably should have kept it.

As it stands, all it looks like is that you kicked and then band someone because they said based. Thats the equivalent of shooting a Jaywalker.
I mean, if you’re just making things up and ignoring what I actually said, sure. But if you’re confining yourself to reality, no.

bigconnecticutt.png

Map of the world if Connecticut was really big

Notes:
- The Republic of China has renounced its claims to the mainland China area of Big Connecticut as they are afraid of its immense power.
- Vatican City has also been swallowed by Big Connecticut, but the Pope was ok with it because he understood that Big Connecticut has overthrown and replaced God. Catholicism now worships Big Connecticut.
- Big Connecticut has successfully colonized the void off the edge of the worlda map. Not even oblivion is safe.

View attachment 779525

Notes:
- The Republic of China has renounced its claims to the mainland China area of Big Connecticut as they are afraid of its immense power.
- Vatican City has also been swallowed by Big Connecticut, but the Pope was ok with it because he understood that Big Connecticut has overthrown and replaced God. Catholicism now worships Big Connecticut.
- Big Connecticut has successfully colonized the void off the edge of the worlda map. Not even oblivion is safe.
Take this to the Shitpost Thread, please and thank you.

View attachment 779525

Notes:
Imagine the D.M.Z. in Europe and Asia lmao

View attachment 779525

Notes:
1. Wow somebody modelled the civil war in Libya

2. Praise be to Big Connecticut

Status
Not open for further replies.