Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next up on "horrific abominations that you can't look away from", courtesy of u/Astreom_1 from Reddit: Britalia Rules the Waves.

upgp0tnlnav81.png

The Britalian Isles, the most populated archipelago in the Northern Hemisphere at 130 million inhabitants, is a melting pot of culture and tradition. It's up to you to discover Britalia and its people!

Britalian gastronomy is known all over the world: Tuscan beer, jelly pizza, Tiramisu pudding, and the famous fish 'n' pasta. Enjoy these famous dishes in the heart of the country's magnificent landscapes: the ski resorts of Yorkshire, the view of Mount Vesuvius from Norfolk, the cities of the Po Valley - Milan, Aberdeen, Venice and many others.

After this, you will never be able to see the world the same way again!

Last edited:
Next up on "horrific abominations that you can't look away from", courtesy of u/Astreom_1 from Reddit: Britalia Rules the Waves.

upgp0tnlnav81.png

The British Isles, the most populated archipelago in the Northern Hemisphere, is a melting pot of culture and tradition. It's up to you to discover Britalia and its people!

Britalian gastronomy is known all over the world: Tuscan beer, jelly pizza, Tiramisu pudding, and the famous fish 'n' pasta. Enjoy these famous dishes in the heart of the country's magnificent landscapes: the ski resorts of Yorkshire, the view of Mount Vesuvius from Norfolk, the cities of the Po Valley - Milan, Aberdeen, Venice and many others.

I can't tell if this is cursed or blursed.

upgp0tnlnav81.png

The Britalian Isles, the most populated archipelago in the Northern Hemisphere at 130 million inhabitants, is a melting pot of culture and tradition. It's up to you to discover Britalia and its people!

You forgot the haggis in Bolognese sauce :D

upgp0tnlnav81.png

This makes me scared

45 to 60 degrees south, to a virgin earth
View attachment 736058

While civilization has regressed to a proto-industrial level around the world, and will likely stay there for a long time, this world still holds the distinction of being the farthest south world with any form of organized states beyond a city or tribal level. Only five countries were brought along to this world. Southern regions of Argentina and Chile, The Falkland Islands, The Kerguelen islands of France, and Southern New Zealand.

Chile and Argentina were by far the largest and most populated states of this new world, and have so far spent their time gradually expanding north, ranching, fishing, and farming. Their populations are growing rapidly, and in a few centuries time they will be able to populate most of the continent if current rates keep up. Many people dissatisfied with the rule of the central governments of these countries have moved north with like minded folks to form "Pioneer States" in the wilderness, independent of the supposed tyranny of Punta Arenas and Comodoro Rivadavia. Of Special note is the Papal State, which was established in the Andes along the border region of both countries to ensure the neutrality of the Papacy.

In the Falklands, a strange religious movement popped up in the aftermath of the ISOT. A strange form of Christianity which developed into worship of the Island of Great Britain itself, believing it to be the holy land and its inhabitants to be a holy people. This developed into a single minded campaign by the falklanders to colonize many small trading posts on the route to the old isles, which can also be used to harvest local resources. Their fishing boats cross the entire Atlantic regularly and they are the worlds major seafood producers. Their population has been exploding as of late, even more than is normal for this world, for in some parts of the empire the average woman has more than 11 kids, a higher number than ever recorded before anywhere else in this world.

New Zealand has more or less forgotten about the rest of the world. Most people still know that there are 3 other countries in the world, and have a vague idea of where they are on a map, but that's about it. The most communication that happens between New Zealand and any other country on a regular basis is the ships sent from Chile to inform the few Catholics left on the islands of recent Papal dictates. Their colonization of the pacific has been slow, but steady.

and that's the 3rd to last part of this series done.
I'd expect New Zealand to be interested not only in the Pacific Islands but also in Tasmania and south-eastern Australia, where there's more land available.

upgp0tnlnav81.png

O well, the good thing is now I can just hop on my car and go directly to Scotland. Heck, that stage of Highland dances I have next month? I guess now the dance school is in the ACTUAL Highlands

Last edited:

upgp0tnlnav81.png

Absolutely blursed.

Next inspiration: Scotland and Greece (for the Doric and Attic accents).

So basically a reverse-colonised!Netherlands in a Dominant!Asia TL ? As an Indonesian, I can't really find words matching my feeling about this. Ironic, I guess ? Speaking of which, do you think Indonesia still be a thing in this TL ?
I can't see how a Srivijaya that has colonies in faraway Europe wouldn't dominate maritime southeast Asia to the point where it's basically Indonesia in all but name – also, replace all the Vs with Us and the words do become understandable (or close enough) if you know Indonesian, so I'm guessing in that ATL it basically exists.

upgp0tnlnav81.png

I love how if you didn't already know what these countries looked like, this would look like a perfectly reasonable elevation map.

upgp0tnlnav81.png

I like how the original creator deliberately changed the town of Reading to be the Italian for reading, despite most other UK town names not being changed.

Clash of Caliphs
Very nice. they would be quite overstretched by the end though.
The Principality simply does not wait for the future to arrive, for instead it started building it today.​
Happy ending then :) My standing objections to a surviving Western Roman Empire still stand, but I like the world you've hinted at.
I think the example of Venezuela, Cuba, Thailand and such is pretty good examples of regimes that have survived complete economic meltdown.
Yeah I don't think the CCP is doomed just because eventually there will be economic problems.
Great Switch in 1940
WW2 is about to take some very interesting twists and turns.
The Britalian Isles, the most populated archipelago in the Northern Hemisphere at 130 million inhabitants, is a melting pot of culture and tradition.
Is it wrong I want to see how this world would develop?

General map of the world following the Great Switch in 1940, that saw the cities and people of the United States and the Soviet Union switch places (except for foreign territories like occupied Greenland, Hawaii and the Philippines which are all still under US control)
If the cities remain in the same general areas then I can't wait for Nazi occupied LA and a Minneapolis that's above the Arctic Circle.

Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 17-41-19 Discord - A New Way to Chat with Friends & Communities.png

I'm gonna go jump off the nearest skyscraper now.
Who hurt you? Do you need help?
An attempt to imagine a somewhat realistic splitup of Russia after its defeat in a hypothetical non-nuclear WWIII.
Russn't
map of the 11 eastern seaboard colonies of the UK in 1630, based on an eu4 game
Ah yes I love going to Buffel
Galveston (/ˈɡalβɛstʌn/ GALL-ves-tun) is a port city with county status at the mouth of Galveston Bay in the Texian Empire. Galveston had a population of 414,125 as of the 2024 Census; it is the 11th largest city in the Texian Empire, and was the largest city in Texas until 1900.
G A L V E S T O N W A N K

If the cities remain in the same general areas then I can't wait for Nazi occupied LA and a Minneapolis that's above the Arctic Circle.
I think you'd need to flip the coasts. New York City as St Petersburg. San Francisco as Vladivostok.

But Minneapolis is definitely Novosibirsk.

I'd expect New Zealand to be interested not only in the Pacific Islands but also in Tasmania and south-eastern Australia, where there's more land available.
They only just got done with settling the main islands of New Zealand, and they do have small colonies on the Australian mainland, and some on islands such as on New Caledonia (or Jackson's Island, as they would call it)

Longer term though, yes, they eventually will settle almost all of Australia and the western half of the pacific, and probably most of asia even farther in the future, although that's 1000s of years out.

I'm not sure if I have ever stated this, but for all of these assume that the map is set somewhere between 100 and 200 years after the ISOT, if that is useful for any demographic math one may wish to do regarding my maps.

Last edited:
They only just got done with settling the main islands of New Zealand, and they do have small colonies on the Australian mainland, and some on islands such as on New Caledonia (or Jackson's Island, as they would call it)

Longer term though, yes, they eventually will settle almost all of Australia and the western half of the pacific, and probably most of asia even farther in the future, although that's 1000s of years out.

I'm not sure if I have ever stated this, but for all of these assume that the map is set somewhere between 100 and 200 years after the ISOT, if that is useful for any demographic math one may wish to do regarding my maps.
What will become the Kerguelen islands ?

1650777714337.png

based on a hoi4 game i did (as of ~22 mins ago) yesterday, what if hungary joined the allies and also had extremely good luck in the peace deal

Status
Not open for further replies.