Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Within the same TL as my previous post
ponyexplains.png

I was worried this was too much non-map stuff for the thread so here's France on its own
france.png

The Great War lasted for 8 years, from 1897 to 1905. Belgium stayed neutral until 1899 when they were "encouraged" by London to allow Anglo-German troops access. Italy performed poorly, but expectedly. In 1901 Italian and German troops met at Annecy after a successful invasion of the city. This allowed a new, stable defence line across the Alps. Fighting slowed down considerably at this point. It wasn't until Russia sued for peace in 1905 that France followed suit. The Second Mexican Empire and the US were also involved in the conflict, but due to the formers dependance on French support, the war was quickly lost.
the internet was hardly the focus of the above images but ive compiled a good amount of mental notes on it
YouStar is like a shittier version of YouTube that stayed a tertiary backup site to save videos. The whole site is night sky blue, decorated by stars. After clicking on a video the site reccomends three others. To see more the user has to refresh the page.
Computer interfaces have this sidebar with navigation tools, links to the users profile, the home page, and favorites. Favorits visible here inclue Orion's Arm and Derpibooru.
The internet isn't nearly as widespread as it is IOTL. Buisnesses and what not use it, as do nerds, but most people us it minimally.
Computers are weirdly long compared to ours, and bulkier.

View attachment 839512

I was worried this was too much non-map stuff for the thread so here's France on its own
View attachment 839514
The Great War lasted for 8 years, from 1897 to 1905. Belgium stayed neutral until 1899 when they were "encouraged" by London to allow Anglo-German troops access. Italy performed poorly, but expectedly. In 1901 Italian and German troops met at Annecy after a successful invasion of the city. This allowed a new, stable defence line across the Alps. Fighting slowed down considerably at this point. It wasn't until Russia sued for peace in 1905 that France followed suit. The Second Mexican Empire and the US were also involved in the conflict, but due to the formers dependance on French support, the war was quickly lost.
the internet was hardly the focus of the above images but ive compiled a good amount of mental notes on it
YouStar is like a shittier version of YouTube that stayed a tertiary backup site to save videos. The whole site is night sky blue, decorated by stars. After clicking on a video the site reccomends three others. To see more the user has to refresh the page.
Computer interfaces have this sidebar with navigation tools, links to the users profile, the home page, and favorites. Favorits visible here inclue Orion's Arm and Derpibooru.
The internet isn't nearly as widespread as it is IOTL. Buisnesses and what not use it, as do nerds, but most people us it minimally.
this isn't the pre 1860 border of the county of Nice, but that of the modern department of the Alpes Maritimes

View attachment 839512

View attachment 839514
I am guessing the part under the spoilers about computers being weirdly long and bulkier comes down to needing keyboards hooves can work on. If it wasn’t cartoon ponies I would have assumed they also needed two screens for their eyes. Now, which royal families in Germany were given the rulership of Alsace and Lorraine And Which already had Burgundy? I am assuming it will be like they elected or appointed members of the house of Mecklenburg-Schwerin to the United Baltic Duchy, Hesse to Finland, the head of a morganic branch of the rulers of Württemberg to Lithuania (though the Imperial German government vetoed the Lithuanian offer to him). I also think the Bavarian King was hoping to get Antwerp and Alsace currently annexed to Bavaria after WWI. Unlikely. I suppose Germany didn’t go against Russia in this war anyways, so the Germans need to be careful about how they split up the booty.

I just checked the lengths of the last 20 threads and realized that this one is the longest ever in AH.com history - spanning a total of 18 months, or one and a half years!
That's not really a good thing, is it? It means people are making less maps and thus posting here less.

With that being said, farewell Map Thread XXI. @CalBear I believe this thread should be locked and instead the new Map Thread XXII should be pinned.

LINK TO THE NEW MAP THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.