Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, removing the first two countries.

Do you think self delusion is the only thing needed to go to war ?

I am not saying just neocons, it's warhaks in general, of both sides. After all, both Syria, Yemen and Lybia started during a Democratic administration.

Fair enough.

Letting aside the invasion and occupation aspects and details, what you think of the rest of the map? The occupied states, the puppet state and the free state ?
Other then that, this is pretty cool. I like the aesthetics, and the scenario is certainly creative. Just to clarify, who was the previous government before the US invaded Brazil? I'm interested in the choice of João Doria as the Brazilian Petain: why was he chosen by the Americans to lead the puppet administration?

Other then that, this is pretty cool. I like the aesthetics, and the scenario is certainly creative. Just to clarify, who was the previous government before the US invaded Brazil?
Considering the 1964 putsch failed, IMO it is likely it would be a mixture of many political positions unfriendly to the US.
I'm interested in the choice of João Doria as the Brazilian Petain: why was he chosen by the Americans to lead the puppet administration?
This my personal interpretation why Doria would be the Brazilian Petain :
  1. Well connected
  2. Already established politically
  3. Likely he can provide "cheap" labour, OTL he supported cutting back investigations on slave labor
  4. He is considered a turncoat by his political godfather from the PSDB, he went OTL (now at least) from pro-Bolsonaro to anti-Bolsonaro and depending on how next year election goes you will probably see him taking pro-Lula (or PT) or pro-Bolsonaro.
  5. Probably, if you take into account his OTL political alignment, he is the closest politically to an American liberal with tints of liberal conservative due to his abortion stance
  6. Anecdotal, but many I spoke to who are from that state and the city complain he is authoritarian

Last edited:
Other then that, this is pretty cool. I like the aesthetics, and the scenario is certainly creative. Just to clarify, who was the previous government before the US invaded Brazil? I'm interested in the choice of João Doria as the Brazilian Petain: why was he chosen by the Americans to lead the puppet administration?
I might add also that we don't have a Lion of Verdun equivalent, the closest person to pre-WW2 Petain were the generals in the Paraguayan War.

The ultimate flat Earth map.
I love crazy maps like this! This one in particular would make an awesome fantasy conspiracy setting. The way it’s centered around the earth and surrounded by lands inhabited by conspiracy races and creatures, it reminds me of an idea about conspiracy theorist psychology: they fantasize about all-controlling global schemes partially because it feels good to know that someone’s in charge and the world isn’t just left to chance. Like the rings are keeping humans from the truth, but also protecting them.

If i were to write a story about this world, i would have an otherworldly invasion force (from beyond the edge of the map) come in and wreck the outer rings, the veil falls and it’s now up to humans to defend themselves and maybe rescue some of the races that were formerly their ‘masters’.

The ultimate flat Earth map.
Snipe
I remember some guy on deviantart made a flat earth map, but it is just so big that it slows down my potatobook
Also has anyone ever heard of the great ice ball theory? Could make for a pretty interesting Fantasy setting

Oh and you can't hide that Westeros from me :p

Thought I'd post my @TheMann inspired take on the Florida East Coast Railroad. With the color coding for each line.

Orange: East Coast Mainline
Magenta: Raleigh Division
Red: Asheville Division
Blue: Chattanooga Division
Dark Green: Atlanta Division
Brown: Mobile Division
Purple: Albany Subdivision
Yellow: Naples Division
Sky Blue: Belle Grande Division
Light Green: Key Largo Branch

Florida East Coast map.png

I made a Quarter-bam of Thousand Week Reich! I used TOAST3R, i had to do my own borders in several areas, and that's about it. Hope you guys like it! (As much as you can like a remake of someone else's scenario on another someone else's base map... i'm just still practicing my mapping skills i guess)

Thousand Week Reich.png

Last edited:
I believe they are referring to an image of a giant planet of ice with several ponds melted by the tiny flat-Earth version of stars, with flat Earth being one of them.

I believe they are referring to an image of a giant planet of ice with several ponds melted by the tiny flat-Earth version of stars, with flat Earth being one of them.
Yes
1633178023910.png

(Disclaimer: I do not believe in these conspiracy theories in any way, shape or form. I just thought this would be good for a fantasy setting. tldr: mods no kick plz)

One of my biggest problems with flat earth is star hemispheres, like how is it explained that some constellations can only be seen in argentina, south africa, and australia, and no where else, even though those places are far away from each other on the disc? And by depicting the ice ball on a star background it just makes it worse, because any excuse about light being bent now makes even less sense than before.

(And btw, idk how to properly ping people but Pragmatic, yeah i can do TL-191 Qu-bams!)

Status
Not open for further replies.