Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
welcome to 1950! now with 50% more batshit insanity!

View attachment 639579

El lore dump:

Kingdom of Italy:

stayed neutral in WW2, jointly invaded Greece and Yugoslavia with Bulgaria in 1940. is currently regretting this decision thanks to those pesky Balkan partisans

Sanitized States of America:
Under the rule of the strange, authoritarian, and esoteric American National Sanitation Party since taking power in 1932. the ANSP Banned same race relations on the grounds that people of mixed race were genetically and physically superior, Creating coercive programs to encourage its citizens to reproduce with citizens of a different ethnic or racial grouping. To encourage amalgamation, family planning services, stipends and tax incentives were offered. However, violators of the same race relationship ban received jail time and heavy fines, and occasionally for repeat offences, execution

The SSA would invade and set up puppet regimes in the various central american states during the late 30's, annexing huge swathes of territory in the process.

The SSA would declare war on Japan in early 1941 after a “scientific” panel (no actual scientists were involved) came to the dubious conclusion that children of northern european/east asian parents were the most superior, leading ANSP officials to formulate war plans to seize "ethnically asian land". the grueling war with the land of the rising sun would end in 1947, with a massive body count, mass deployment of chemical weapons by both sides, and the occupation of the Japanese islands and former colonies.
Wow. That's crazy. US mixed-race nazis.

A few questions:
1. Wait, what happened to black people?

2. What about preexisting same-race married couples?

3. Are racial relations any better? Since, y'know, people are barred from having romantic relationships with those of the same race?

Last edited:
THE BURGUNDIAN CONQUEST - 1798

Burgundy is a thicc kingdom now. Unrelated to the TNO Burgundy, but if it fits your shtick, this one is TNO Burgundy centuries after Himmler did his [STRENG GEHEIM]. Up to you, but the original intent is medieval Burgundy.

Lore is flimsy. I made it cause I wanted a thicc Burgundy, but that's about it. Most likely the series of good and smart kings n queens continued, leading to current state. Some ASBs are involved, creating big winds that keep English ships from getting to the Americas in the numbers we see OTL.

The Burgundian Conquest.png

THE BURGUNDIAN CONQUEST - 1798

Burgundy is a thicc kingdom now. Unrelated to the TNO Burgundy, but if it fits your shtick, this one is TNO Burgundy centuries after Himmler did his [STRENG GEHEIM]. Up to you, but the original intent is medieval Burgundy.

Lore is flimsy. I made it cause I wanted a thicc Burgundy, but that's about it. Most likely the series of good and smart kings n queens continued, leading to current state. Some ASBs are involved, creating big winds that keep English ships from getting to the Americas in the numbers we see OTL.

View attachment 640022
Why are the Gévaudan and the Auvergne part of the HRE, those would be of no use, as well as the Vélay.

welcome to 1950! now with 50% more batshit insanity!

View attachment 639579

El lore dump:

Kingdom of Italy:

stayed neutral in WW2, jointly invaded Greece and Yugoslavia with Bulgaria in 1940. is currently regretting this decision thanks to those pesky Balkan partisans

Sanitized States of America:
Under the rule of the strange, authoritarian, and esoteric American National Sanitation Party since taking power in 1932. the ANSP Banned same race relations on the grounds that people of mixed race were genetically and physically superior, Creating coercive programs to encourage its citizens to reproduce with citizens of a different ethnic or racial grouping. To encourage amalgamation, family planning services, stipends and tax incentives were offered. However, violators of the same race relationship ban received jail time and heavy fines, and occasionally for repeat offences, execution

The SSA would invade and set up puppet regimes in the various central american states during the late 30's, annexing huge swathes of territory in the process.

The SSA would declare war on Japan in early 1941 after a “scientific” panel (no actual scientists were involved) came to the dubious conclusion that children of northern european/east asian parents were the most superior, leading ANSP officials to formulate war plans to seize "ethnically asian land". the grueling war with the land of the rising sun would end in 1947, with a massive body count, mass deployment of chemical weapons by both sides, and the occupation of the Japanese islands and former colonies.

French Democratic Peoples Republic:
D-Day and the storming of normandy never happened due to the lack of american involvement, though the British and Free French would eventually manage to mount a smaller than OTL invasion of Western France, before their advance got bogged down and slowed to a crawl. Franco-British and soviet forces eventually met on the river Seine in the spring of 1946. the soviet union would eventually form a puppet government in the french lands it controlled (to the chagrine of the West French), which would join the ranks of its many other puppet states.

Dutch East Indies: "liberated" by the wallies. while de jure part of the dutch government in exile, de facto the islands are under occupation by the british military, desperately trying to combate the tide of the anti colonial insurgency.

India:
The British refused to partition India after it was discovered the Muslim League was receiving heavy Soviet funding. however, the leaders of the Muslim League refused to become part of "a hinduist dominated state", and unilaterally declared independence in 1949, sparking off civil war in the subcontinent.
Screenshot 2021-04-07 153 (2).png

And here it is in Worlda.

Also, "DON'T TURN ME INTO AN OVERSIMPLIFIED-" - India

Wow. That's crazy. US mixed-race nazis.

A few questions:
1. Wait, what happened to black people?

2. What about preexisting same-race married couples?

3. Are racial relations any better? Since, y'know, people are barred from having romantic relationships with those of the same race?
1. black people in the SSA are better off than OTL USA in this 1950, but considering everybody's living under a dictatorship, that isn't saying much

2. pre SSA mixed race couples and marriages are seen as totally fine by the regime, but other interracial mixes aren't seen as prestigious as asian/white unions, thanks to that bullshit scientific panel.

3. depends on the group. its actually made some race relations worse. riots and street brawls in the Jim crow south exploded after the same race policy was announced, and things haven't quite settled down yet, even with the government issuing serious penalties to folks who decide to stir the shit.

unlike occupied japan, life for the pre existing American Asian community has drastically improved, as they've been granted equal rights (considering everybody's living under a dictatorship, this isn't saying much, but still). and aren't really discriminated against by the government unless they refuse to "amalgamate"

View attachment 640052
And here it is in Worlda.

Also, "DON'T TURN ME INTO AN OVERSIMPLIFIED-" - India
the commissioner found out the muslim league was being backed by the soviets. this enraged the british, who punished them severely -Oversimplified Productions

this looks fantastic, and is actually fantastic. however, unfortunately india is incorrect, and indochina changed hands from japanese to american occupation

the commissioner found out the muslim league was being backed by the soviets. this enraged the british, who punished them severely -Oversimplified Productions

this looks fantastic, and is actually fantastic. however, unfortunately india is incorrect, and indochina changed hands from japanese to american occupation
Yes, I know, I did say I oversimplified India.

But Indochina totally slipped my mind, whoops.

A group of maps of Middle Earth (based on one map I found on Deviantart) I finished today:
1617824387328.png

Since I already posted it there, here's a copy of the description from DA
- the "original", where Gorgoroth is a lake[1]
- the same as that one but Gorgoroth remains as a desert
- the geography of the original but there is less steppe on Eriador[2]
- the same as the third but Gorgotoh is a desert
- And two blanks showing or not Gorgoroth

[1] Due to the movies' showing Sauron's defeat I have this headcanon that the entirety of Gorgoroth (for those who don't know it is the area where Barad-dûr and Mountain Doom are located) sunk into the Earth and was filled by water becomign an giant lake
[2] I was uncertain how much of southern Eriador, Isengard and western Rohan were steppe or not, so I made a version where they are and one where they aren't

And, also, something of a shitpost map I also threw together quickly of this Middle Earth jutting out western North America (the rest of the worlda is from the internet):
1617824521564.png

And, as above, here's the description:
To make things more interesting, I made some changes on the climates and rivers around to somewhat blend in things, so there are no boreal forests in Middle Earth; the Forodwaith is a steppe; Gondor has a more tropical and maybe wetter climate; the Misty Mountains (and others) are connected to the Rockies; the Rio Grande is shorter and starts in Mirkwood (while its OTL source is now a part of the Forest River, which feeds the Long Lake); the river that drains the Long Lake now drains int the Gulf of Mexico; and what remains of Rhun is now almost the same climate as coastal Texas, with a bit of it being semi-arid desert

Status
Not open for further replies.