Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
deep338-7295382f-cbc1-43a8-8ab9-00519a21dd47.png

The Scottish Empire in 1950, under King Robert IV of House Wittelsbach, on the eve of its decolonization that will see most of its African and Asian colonies become fully independent republics, many of its American and Pacific colonies becoming increasingly independent as dominions, and the termination of the separate Crown of Ireland and ill-advised direct annexation of Ulster into Scotland proper. From the same timeline as this infobox.

Attempted to make everything to scale and while I now realize that I did not quite succeed hopefully they're not too far off either, and attempted to write in Scots and hopefully didn't butcher it too much
How did the Wittelsbach family come to rule in Scotland?

Crossposting from MotF: 231
W4EhQxe.png

The Menwari or Munawar or Menwars are the current Iranian dynasty which had ruled the country and as a dominant imperial family which rivaled the former Ottoman Turkey, the Menwar or Menwer where a word referred to 'the Enlightened' which refers to the reign of Anwer or Anwar the First or Anwar I which had ruled the country, dating back to his early reign in the 1850 as he was a former British volunteer soldier and pretender to the Persian throne and his successes in pulling modernization was spearheaded by both British and the Japanese in response to growing threat of Russian dominance which had dominated the Central Asian region and he was fond of Ashfari Era literature and Achaemenid and Alexander the Great stories from the West and he also guided to bring Iran back into the greatness.

The Great Game was so fierce between the two great powers and a soldier from the British India had started uprisings in the Sultanate of Kalat and overthrew a local sultan where they proceed to instigate violent uprising in Isfahan and capture the Shah and then Anwer finally stepped into an abandoned throne where he became the Shah of Iran by 1851 and began the series of modernization from where he appointed several key friends educated from the British Isles into the cabinet posts as he was heard rich tales of past armies and recent growing marauder Khivans and where he began to effectively modernize the military structure as well as appointing key military advisors from the British East India Company (North Hindustan) and France as well as Carnatique in effectively modernize the country's military as well as training and imposing discipline on troops, by the end of 1850s, Anwar the First had took advantage to gain tribal armies as key allies.

As the Great Game between the two giants rages on, the Anwar I had proceeded to the conquest of Kalat where he managed to sought to marry the local queen in order for him to gain or consolidate his reputation as a Persian Shah and his gain on several geographical chokepoints made his plans for his expedition to Afghanistan or will be known as his planned military conquest but the geography and rugged mountains had made his modernizing army difficult, though he turned his attention to the rival, Khiva where several attempts made by Cossacks and the Russians to conquer and consolidate its influence has failed in the previous decades but Anwar I has possession of preparing an army of 80,000 trained troops and scouts as well as beefing up its allies to begin his conquest of Khiva during the time that the Crimean War was close over the Eastern Question as the Imperial Russians had attempted to assert the claim of authority of the Eastern Christians that causes condemnation from both France and Britain.

The Ashgabat Expedition, spearheaded by British-trained general Mohammad Rezghi which he accompanied 80,000 troops into the gates of Khivan capital in order to punish or pursue punitive attacks on Slave Khanate that is not only led to renewed increasing prestige but the unknown dangers of looming war between Russia and modernizing Iran is very closer as the tensions between Britain, France, and Russia reaches boiling point by 1856 with the onset of Crimean War over the Eastern Question with regards to Ottoman Turkish declining status as they became the 'sick man of Europe' and renewed religious dispute between the Roman Catholics and Orthodox Christians over the ownership of the Holy Sites in Jerusalem including the Church of the Nativity and Holy Sepulchre.

During part of Crimean War, Anwar I has seen an opportunity to deny Russians from conquering Khiva has surprisingly attacked huge contingents of invading Russian forces during the course of counterattack campaign to defend their newly-conquered possessions and with the help of British and French forces from their colonies, the battle has turned in favor of Anwar and its forces and by the time the Persians had lay siege, the final blow to the Russian morale and deterred them from planning to expand influence into the Indian Ocean in appeasing with Britain. His victory has brought surviving 40,000 soldiers home with captured Russian weapons through the streets of the capital as the jubilant advisors had also celebrated the victory which is the sign of growing and reemerging the old kingdom into a future 20th century great power where he instructed General Ahmad of strong knowledge of Afghani geography had conquered the difficult region through easier means as rebellions suppressed to show how strong the modernizing Persian army is and it is a reality that Persia is building a new railroad network between capitals and other cities as well as industrial centers and ports to facilitate industrialization in order for his future successor to eye on the Ottoman Turks, should they prepare to knock them down in instigating vengeance on its biggest rival.

Fast forward into the 20th century, as his son named Nader became a new Shah where he started to promote modernization through education programs especially the inhabitants of Iranic groups including the Pashtuns to Persianize the educated populace in between parts of the 20th century in their efforts to recover the centuries of humiliation and to regain much preeminence as a potential great Islamic power, but during the European Wars of 1914-1918, they remained neutral during his years of reign as a second Shah of Persia under the Menawari Dynasty. In the aftermath of the war where Ottomans has regained supreme and a huge threat to their country's potential status as a future great power, he began to promote 'Persian/Iranian Unity' among their cultures and ethnolinguistic groups even the growing Ottoman Turkish militarism where militarists had called for putting the Sultan into public sphere and absolute control as well as calling for liberation of fellow brothers from European colonialism, he was soundly alarmed as the threat of militarist Ottoman Turks could mean that the country will face another potential war or planning to open their strike to avenge the Ottoman Turks.

During the course of vengeance war, the Persians had a mighty army and industry, capable of repelling Ottoman Turkish forces as well as equipped with powerful anti-aircraft artillery and also most importantly, the geography including the rugged and mountainous rims as well as the Zagros Mountains which had provided natural support for guerilla army and provide excellent natural defenses in placing their own brave forces on different flanks, by mountainous features that the enemy couldn't able to hold or simply exhaust their resources.

The Battle of Hamedan was the greatest turning point during the Iranian Campaign as hundreds of thousands of brave soldiers who took their pledge to sacrifice to fight harder against the Ottoman Turks was driven out as relentless and sudden counterattacks by launching anti-tank artillery and mostly, their spirit and effort as geography had prevented the Central Powers from thrusting their push into the heart of the country with bad weather conditions and unfamiliar geography has made them worse for the enemy, thus pushing them out of the country by the end of mid 1942 where brave forces under the Shah has proceeded to gain the rich and strategic Mesopotamian region for prestige and prized glory that the Persians has been trying to fulfill their dreams of Anwar I and other previous Shahs.

Growing resistance movements such as rebellious ethnic minorities and military's own Fifth Column conspiracy together with the Allied push into the Thrace has forced them to surrender, the Treaty of Isfahan had also dismantled the 'Sick Man of Europe' to achieve their goals and the country became an emerging power in the Grand Game/Invisible War years, with the new 1946 constitution had changed to the name 'Iran' in promoting their culture and claiming the mantle, thus the postwar Iranian Economic and Cultural Renaissance has began.

And, the World War has also destroyed all European empires except the Soviet Russia, the Ottoman Turks are also included in the destructive consequences as uncovering war crimes against ethnic minority groups such as the Kurds, Armenians, and the orders during the course of the war and subsequent Persian-led Operation Nader Shah had also caused repercussions when Persians had to destroy the Ottoman Turkish dominance as well. The Rosenvelt-Kagawa Plan has also rebuilt the economies of Persia as well as the annexation of occupied southern Mesopotamia and the retrocession has also given the chance for their dreams of his father, Anwar of the country becoming a modern great power come true by the end of the 2nd Millennium.

Today, Iran is the 8th world's largest economy with over worth of $1.9 trillion due to huge energy industry including oil, service-oriented sectors, and burgeoning manufacturing sector where the country stands with huge robust population where the country has been ranked with 0.880 in terms of standards of living index and it is considerably a great power where they extended their influences with neighboring countries under the umbrella of Baghdad Pact with members such as Caucasian Confederation, Kurdistan, and Levantine Confederation, a member of G16, and other important international organizations including the International Union, and most importantly, Iran has colonies on both Moon and Mars as of this day.

Members of Baghdad Pact:
  • Imperial State of Iran
  • Kurdistan
  • Caucasian Confederation
  • Levantine Confederation

Well as Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel doesn't exist in the map I just assumed that Brunswick-Lüneburg would have Brunswick as its capital.
With Brunswick-Kassel (which didn't exist in OTL) having Hanover as its capital.

It turns out I made a mistake in the legend, d'oh. It was meant to show Brunswick-Calenberg :)

ZwmlSNj.png

Map of the Lamu Republic, formerly Japanese East Africa (日本帝國東阿弗利加). The official language is Lamu Swahili or "Lamugo" (ラムゴ / ラム語), which is written in a Japanese-based orthography. The writing system, known as "Lamu Orthography" or "Lakana", writes the local variety of Swahili with Japanese Katakana - with a few adaptations for local writing. While Swahili varieties from Kenya and Somalia are theoretically mutually-intelligible, the amount of loan-words from Japanese causes considerable confusion. Many younger speakers of the language have also lost phonetic differences which exist in other varieties of Swahili, due to the lack of distinction in the written language and the format of education which has been preserved, almost perfectly, since Japanese colonial days.

No specific POD. There might be some inaccuracies with that whole city placement thing. Or maybe not.

This looks fantastic seems like all went well for the Staufers but they somehow lost north germany. This could be a very interesting scenario if worked out. My only critcism would be that the names seem slightly blurry for me.

deep338-7295382f-cbc1-43a8-8ab9-00519a21dd47.png

The Scottish Empire in 1950, under King Robert IV of House Wittelsbach, on the eve of its decolonization that will see most of its African and Asian colonies become fully independent republics, many of its American and Pacific colonies becoming increasingly independent as dominions, and the termination of the separate Crown of Ireland and ill-advised direct annexation of Ulster into Scotland proper. From the same timeline as this infobox.

Attempted to make everything to scale and while I now realize that I did not quite succeed hopefully they're not too far off either, and attempted to write in Scots and hopefully didn't butcher it too much
You're my favourite person now.
ZwmlSNj.png

Map of the Lamu Republic, formerly Japanese East Africa (日本帝國東阿弗利加). The official language is Lamu Swahili or "Lamugo" (ラムゴ / ラム語), which is written in a Japanese-based orthography. The writing system, known as "Lamu Orthography" or "Lakana", writes the local variety of Swahili with Japanese Katakana - with a few adaptations for local writing. While Swahili varieties from Kenya and Somalia are theoretically mutually-intelligible, the amount of loan-words from Japanese causes considerable confusion. Many younger speakers of the language have also lost phonetic differences which exist in other varieties of Swahili, due to the lack of distinction in the written language and the format of education which has been preserved, almost perfectly, since Japanese colonial days.
I also love this a lot. What a fascinating idea! When did Japan get that slice of East Africa? Post-WWI?

1614200881801.png

Hey, so this is a Steven Universe fan map I made using a shot where we see North America from the sky as well as available information on the show (the existence of Delmarva, Keystone, Kansas, Jersey and Empire State).

This is a map of the constituent countries of the United States of America (an EU like organization that promotes peaceful exchanges in North America). In dull grey with no names are the non-members, in pink are the members of the Federated States. The Federal institutions are in Empire City, the Union institutions and in Metromemphis (the biggest city in Little Egypt).

I came up with the idea of Mesomejica cuz they mention "New Mexico" in the series, and I decided it'd be funny to have the word "America" come from "Mejica), so New Mexico is the part of the United Kingdom of Mesomejica that is in the mainland North America.

Also the idea of an American world is like the Ancient idea of an Hellenic world, you have parts of the Federation that claim very much to be Federals when they have a pretty distinct culture like Kansas (like when Macedonians insisted they would participate in the Olympics cuz they felt super Greek)

It's like, frivolous "I wanted to do that" stuff, but I guess you can ask questions if you have any ...

Last edited:
Canada-Wank
1614215392055.png

-Dominion of Canada
--Prime Minister Charles Baker (Conservative-MA)
-Republic of Mexico
--Presidente Kristen Sinema (Cetralist-Mexicana-TJ)
-Greenish-Blue: Republic of Deseret
--President of the Mormon Church Russell Nelson (Mormon-UT)
-Bright Green: Republic of Texas
--Chancellor Greg Abbott (Center-TX)
-Light Purple: United Republics of the Confederacy (aka "The Country Where Nobody Wants To Live")
--President Doug Farmer (Moderate-Extremist-MS)
-Red: People's Republic of the Midwest
--Premier-General Mao Roberts
-Light Blue: Kingdom of Florida
--His Royal Majesty King of Florida Protector of The Crocodiles Lord Ron Desantis (R-FL)
-Yellow: Republic of Carolina
--Prime Minister Nikki Haley
-Dark Grey: Christian Republic of the Appalachians (aka "The 'Republic' of Gilead")
--Megareverend John Smith
-Dark Blue: Republic of the Atlantic
--President Jim Kenney

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.