Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Apaches and Navajo stay put. I must’ve misremembered the extent of Dinetah. I’ll find a new name for it.

Utah or Pah-Ute, or even Goshute, could work.

I'd swap Rio Grande for New Mexico and New Mexico for Dinetah since you've got the Rio Grande boundary, but that's me. I started reading your TL today, nice job.

View attachment 623790
Final iteration, I promise
cleaned up Polish border DMZ, fixed bulgarian/romanian border, added free state of hamburg (germany's economy is fuck'ed)
If you do, by chance, do yet another iteration, I suggest giving back Hamburg (they lost it after some reorganizations IOTL) some land on the coast, like how Bremen these days has a little land there. It would make it being an independent sort of state much easier. Or at least for being a shipping hub. Hamburg might find itself in a bad position ere though, if the German economy is in tank. Less stuff to import, while the Germans might focus imports and exports through Bremen. Unless the French and British leveled it and Bremerhaven during the war and they never had the money to rebuild it. You also accidentally gave Sweden the Åland Islands and may want to recollect the purple and light red you have on the Estonian Islands. Do you plan on any sequels of future write-ups? It would be interesting to see the government situation in Czechoslovakia and how Germans, Slovaks, and Czecks interact inside of it, as well as how the Romanians, Hungarians, Poles, Czechoslovaks, etc act with each other internationally.

Utah or Pah-Ute, or even Goshute, could work.

I'd swap Rio Grande for New Mexico and New Mexico for Dinetah since you've got the Rio Grande boundary, but that's me. I started reading your TL today, nice job.
I like Goshute, or I might also go with Uinta or Wasatch, after the mountain ranges.

A small map I made some years ago on a notebook and later digitalized into an editable version:
1613142377495.png

and here's the original version:
The_Map_of_the_Brandwick_Empire.jpg

most of the maps on here would, honestly
I actually have a map of an alternative Middle East I made for a FATE Spirit of the Century game; I should polish it up and post it. It even has airships...that make sense! (They're for moving heavy loads over terrain that's very hard to build rail or roads through).

I actually have a map of an alternative Middle East I made for a FATE Spirit of the Century game; I should polish it up and post it. It even has airships...that make sense! (They're for moving heavy loads over terrain that's very hard to build rail or roads through).
"all alternate universes have airships"
- Tom Scott

This is the most hilarious Greek-screw if I have ever seen one. Slavic Macedonia? Bulgarian Thrace? Cyprus that is not Greek? That's pretty sad :cryingface:

Ottoman-Persian War of 1972
iho8ZhE.png

Map of the Conflict from a Californian World History Textbook, 1999
May 15th 1972
Small border skirmish along the Ottoman-Persian Border. Leaving 5 Persians and 2 Ottoman soldiers dead and 20-30 injured on both sides.

May 16th 1972
In response to what is perceived as Ottoman aggression, the Persian Air Force conducts an airstrike in the Ottoman held Oil-fields near Basrah. Ottoman response time is slow due to improper working radar systems in the region. Later that day the LoNSC (League of Nations Security Council) convenes in council on Union Isle.

May 17th 1972
Ottoman Airforce attempts to return fire by raiding the Persian Oil Fields in Ahvaz. 2 Ottoman Fighters are intercepted and destroyed by the Persian Airforce who were expecting a response from the Ottomans. Later the same day the Ottoman 37th & 38th Infantry along with an Armoured Division fielding the newly acquired Roland II’s from France crossed the border pushing aside the Persian forces defending. Tehran receives an official declaration of war by the Ottoman Government an hour later.

May 18th to July 1st 1972
As the world condemns the actions taken by both the Ottoman and Persian Governments leading up to the conflict the Ottoman Army gains the upper hand, pushing the Persian Army into the Zagros Mountains. Making use of Attack Helicopters and an Air Force that recovered from it’s early setbacks they easily overwhelm the Persian defenders in the lowlands however the shift of the front line slows as they become bogged down in the Persian mountain defensive line.

In the Persian Gulf, the Persian Navy blockades the port of Basrah however becomes trapped within the Gulf when the Ottoman Mediterranean Navy eventually sails into the Mouth of Hormuz. Unwilling to risk their ships to land based anti-navy aircraft the Ottoman Admiralty can do nothing but lurk around the entrance to the gulf. Although this stops the Persian Navy from leaving it also severely limits the Oil coming out of the Strait causing an economic shock as Oil prices rise sharply. From Europe, to the Americas and to Asia, the strain and prices for petroleum sky-rocket causing massive lines for the public seeking to buy fuel for their cars and trucks.

The Japanese Government, concerned about the flow of Oil, not wanting to exert unwanted pressure on their Asian Alliance sends the Western Fleet into the Indian Ocean with support from the Indian Fleet based in Negombo. Their hope was to force the Ottomans to vacate the mouth and allow the Oil to flow. This action greatly concerns the other members of the LoNSC seeing one of it’s members act without consideration from the other 4 Nations. The Japanese Government expresses that this is just a show of force and that they are acting for the benefit of all Asia.

July 2nd 1972
Omani Airlines Flight 12 is shot down 20 minutes after leaving Muscat on it’s way to Mumbai killing all on board. The International community decries the act, although at first unclear it soon appears to have come from an outlying section of the Ottoman Navy.

July 12th 1972.
The LoNSC requests that the Ottoman Army withdraw from Persia on the 10th, when the Ottoman Government refuses the Council Vote 3:2 to issue limited support for Persia. Although France and the American Commonwealth vote nay the French Government would later back Coalition Forces two weeks later essentially moving the vote to 4:1.

The British Mediterranean Fleet would move to block Ottoman Shipping within the Aegean Sea with the Russian Black Sea Fleet moved to control the Black Sea. The Vote essentially gave the Japanese Navy in the Indian Ocean to harass the Ottoman Forces pushing them away from the Strait of Hormuz using the strength of their own Navy without actively engaging them.

July 17th 1972
The Battle of Arabian Sea starts with when the Ottoman Navy open fires on a detachment of the Japanese Navy. Although the Ottomans were able to sink a Japanese Destroyer the main fleet quickly moves to engage Ottoman Forces destroying the Majority of the fleet. This marks the effective defeat of the Ottoman forces and the start of the End of the Ottoman Empire. The attack causes more formal action by the Japanese Forces to Engage Ottoman Forces and allows them to accomplish their goal of Opening the Gulf of Oman for Oil Transportation.

News of the Ottoman Defeat riots from the Arab population occur in cities such as Damascus and Baghdad drawing parts of the Ottoman Army away from the front line. The Arabian population call for a withdrawal of Ottomans and an Arabian States to be created. This is soon followed by riots of other ethnic minorities in the Ottoman Empire as well as members of the Ottoman Left wanting an end to the war.

July 20th 1972.
Joint Russo-British Airstrikes hit Ottoman Military installations hampering the Ottoman Army.

July 30th 1972
Persian Armed Forces push the Ottoman Army out of Persia with the Help of the Japanese Airforce.

July 31st to August 18th 1972
Ottoman-Persian front lines are effectively at a stalemate as both forces hold along the pre-war borders. Persian Forces capture between 30-40,000 Ottoman Soldiers as the clear Ottoman pockets of resistance.

August 19th to September 25th 1972.
Persian Forces push into Ottoman Iraq alongside the JEF (Japanese Expeditionary Force). Arab Rioters take control of pockets across the levant.

September 26th 1972.
Ottoman Government in Istanbul seeing the writing on the wall sues for peace after a successful coup by members of the Ottoman Armed Forces.

September 30th to October 15th 1972.

Ottoman-Persian Delegates meet in Athens to discuss peace-terms. Ottomans pay severe reparations to the Persian Government. Two Mandates are created to govern the former Ottoman Arabia which would last till 1974 with the formation of the Kingdom of Iraq and the United Arabian States in the West. The City State of Jerusalem is created as a world city with the LoN using as a 5th Host City.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The Ottoman-Persian War of 1972 would see the end of the Ottoman Empire. By the end the once great empire would be reduced to its control over Anatolia, with the Ottoman Royal Family abdicating in early 1973 thus creating the Republic of Turkey.
It was the hubris of the Ottoman Military that saw its defeat. It had grown proud and arrogant on the back of its Oil exports. They had wanted a quick war, using their western brought equipment to subdue Persia however it was the confusing actions by those higher up that drew the nation closer to defeat.
The conflict was the first major instance of the LoNSC acting in a crisis. Though many saw it as a success many saw the role that Japan had played, effectively pushing the Ottoman Forces into engaging them and becoming increasingly concerned over the continued aggressiveness of the Japanese Government which had not been seen since their expansion in the 1930/40’s.
Once again, the hopes of a united Arabian State would be dashed with the politics of higher powers though for many two states were better than none. The United States of Arabia and the Kingdom of Iraq however would be pulled quickly into the respective spheres of Britain and Japan.

Just something I've been creating with a rough backstory. Set in my "Calverse" which I've been constructing off and on for a number of years - I've just never had time to create a set timeline and have been enjoying creating one-off scenarios from the world.

If you have any questions please do let me know and I'll be happy to answer them.

Apologies for any spelling/grammer mistakes - it's quite late where I am and a bit too excited to share.

- Jordi​

Ottoman-Persian War of 1972

Map of the Conflict from a Californian World History Textbook, 1999
May 15th 1972
Small border skirmish along the Ottoman-Persian Border. Leaving 5 Persians and 2 Ottoman soldiers dead and 20-30 injured on both sides.

May 16th 1972
In response to what is perceived as Ottoman aggression, the Persian Air Force conducts an airstrike in the Ottoman held Oil-fields near Basrah. Ottoman response time is slow due to improper working radar systems in the region. Later that day the LoNSC (League of Nations Security Council) convenes in council on Union Isle.

May 17th 1972
Ottoman Airforce attempts to return fire by raiding the Persian Oil Fields in Ahvaz. 2 Ottoman Fighters are intercepted and destroyed by the Persian Airforce who were expecting a response from the Ottomans. Later the same day the Ottoman 37th & 38th Infantry along with an Armoured Division fielding the newly acquired Roland II’s from France crossed the border pushing aside the Persian forces defending. Tehran receives an official declaration of war by the Ottoman Government an hour later.

May 18th to July 1st 1972
As the world condemns the actions taken by both the Ottoman and Persian Governments leading up to the conflict the Ottoman Army gains the upper hand, pushing the Persian Army into the Zagros Mountains. Making use of Attack Helicopters and an Air Force that recovered from it’s early setbacks they easily overwhelm the Persian defenders in the lowlands however the shift of the front line slows as they become bogged down in the Persian mountain defensive line.

In the Persian Gulf, the Persian Navy blockades the port of Basrah however becomes trapped within the Gulf when the Ottoman Mediterranean Navy eventually sails into the Mouth of Hormuz. Unwilling to risk their ships to land based anti-navy aircraft the Ottoman Admiralty can do nothing but lurk around the entrance to the gulf. Although this stops the Persian Navy from leaving it also severely limits the Oil coming out of the Strait causing an economic shock as Oil prices rise sharply. From Europe, to the Americas and to Asia, the strain and prices for petroleum sky-rocket causing massive lines for the public seeking to buy fuel for their cars and trucks.

The Japanese Government, concerned about the flow of Oil, not wanting to exert unwanted pressure on their Asian Alliance sends the Western Fleet into the Indian Ocean with support from the Indian Fleet based in Negombo. Their hope was to force the Ottomans to vacate the mouth and allow the Oil to flow. This action greatly concerns the other members of the LoNSC seeing one of it’s members act without consideration from the other 4 Nations. The Japanese Government expresses that this is just a show of force and that they are acting for the benefit of all Asia.

July 2nd 1972
Omani Airlines Flight 12 is shot down 20 minutes after leaving Muscat on it’s way to Mumbai killing all on board. The International community decries the act, although at first unclear it soon appears to have come from an outlying section of the Ottoman Navy.

July 12th 1972.
The LoNSC requests that the Ottoman Army withdraw from Persia on the 10th, when the Ottoman Government refuses the Council Vote 3:2 to issue limited support for Persia. Although France and the American Commonwealth vote nay the French Government would later back Coalition Forces two weeks later essentially moving the vote to 4:1.

The British Mediterranean Fleet would move to block Ottoman Shipping within the Aegean Sea with the Russian Black Sea Fleet moved to control the Black Sea. The Vote essentially gave the Japanese Navy in the Indian Ocean to harass the Ottoman Forces pushing them away from the Strait of Hormuz using the strength of their own Navy without actively engaging them.

July 17th 1972
The Battle of Arabian Sea starts with when the Ottoman Navy open fires on a detachment of the Japanese Navy. Although the Ottomans were able to sink a Japanese Destroyer the main fleet quickly moves to engage Ottoman Forces destroying the Majority of the fleet. This marks the effective defeat of the Ottoman forces and the start of the End of the Ottoman Empire. The attack causes more formal action by the Japanese Forces to Engage Ottoman Forces and allows them to accomplish their goal of Opening the Gulf of Oman for Oil Transportation.

News of the Ottoman Defeat riots from the Arab population occur in cities such as Damascus and Baghdad drawing parts of the Ottoman Army away from the front line. The Arabian population call for a withdrawal of Ottomans and an Arabian States to be created. This is soon followed by riots of other ethnic minorities in the Ottoman Empire as well as members of the Ottoman Left wanting an end to the war.

July 20th 1972.
Joint Russo-British Airstrikes hit Ottoman Military installations hampering the Ottoman Army.

July 30th 1972
Persian Armed Forces push the Ottoman Army out of Persia with the Help of the Japanese Airforce.

July 31st to August 18th 1972
Ottoman-Persian front lines are effectively at a stalemate as both forces hold along the pre-war borders. Persian Forces capture between 30-40,000 Ottoman Soldiers as the clear Ottoman pockets of resistance.

August 19th to September 25th 1972.
Persian Forces push into Ottoman Iraq alongside the JEF (Japanese Expeditionary Force). Arab Rioters take control of pockets across the levant.

September 26th 1972.
Ottoman Government in Istanbul seeing the writing on the wall sues for peace after a successful coup by members of the Ottoman Armed Forces.

September 30th to October 15th 1972.
Ottoman-Persian Delegates meet in Athens to discuss peace-terms. Ottomans pay severe reparations to the Persian Government. Two Mandates are created to govern the former Ottoman Arabia which would last till 1974 with the formation of the Kingdom of Iraq and the United Arabian States in the West. The City State of Jerusalem is created as a world city with the LoN using as a 5th Host City.

The Ottoman-Persian War of 1972 would see the end of the Ottoman Empire. By the end the once great empire would be reduced to its control over Anatolia, with the Ottoman Royal Family abdicating in early 1973 thus creating the Republic of Turkey.
It was the hubris of the Ottoman Military that saw its defeat. It had grown proud and arrogant on the back of its Oil exports. They had wanted a quick war, using their western brought equipment to subdue Persia however it was the confusing actions by those higher up that drew the nation closer to defeat.
The conflict was the first major instance of the LoNSC acting in a crisis. Though many saw it as a success many saw the role that Japan had played, effectively pushing the Ottoman Forces into engaging them and becoming increasingly concerned over the continued aggressiveness of the Japanese Government which had not been seen since their expansion in the 1930/40’s.
Once again, the hopes of a united Arabian State would be dashed with the politics of higher powers though for many two states were better than none. The United States of Arabia and the Kingdom of Iraq however would be pulled quickly into the respective spheres of Britain and Japan.

Just something I've been creating with a rough backstory. Set in my "Calverse" which I've been constructing off and on for a number of years - I've just never had time to create a set timeline and have been enjoying creating one-off scenarios from the world.

If you have any questions please do let me know and I'll be happy to answer them.

Apologies for any spelling/grammer mistakes - it's quite late where I am and a bit too excited to share.

- Jordi​
What is TCU

Status
Not open for further replies.