Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on (and intended to be consistent with) Emperor Julian's timeline here, this map depicts the House of Representatives election in 1920 where Woodrow Wilson was nominated for a third term as President. Not authorized or endorsed by Emperor Julian.
Ruins of An American Party system 1920 House election map.png

How about What Madness is This by @Napoleon53?

Decades of Darkness,Bioshock, and Kaiserreich.

I would add Vereinigung der Betriebsräte from the successful Countries of an Alternate World MG (1776 POD) and, more importantly and to get a change into Africa or Southeast Asia, something from The True Divided Nation (link to this TL started and moderated by @Gabzcervo is in my signature). Like the Red Sea Directorates, for example or the United Soviets of Africa.

And maybe the German Empire from Our Fair Country, too?

Do the 3 brazils in the silent war or parts of Russia as the Russian Empire?

Considering all of the above. Though probably not WMIT, as literally every country there is some level of dictatorial hellhole. (If there is an exception, even one, tell me.)

Starforce

Banned
Considering all of the above. Though probably not WMIT, as literally every country there is some level of dictatorial hellhole. (If there is an exception, even one, tell me.)
Maybe parts of the United Empire? New England? Imagine 2 new englands next to each other...

Commissioned by The Great War.
Created as a test of style change for their channel according to their new motion designer and director.
Still a handful of issues with this map, but it's a proof of concept
de8wrde-9d51b824-6304-4140-8b37-cdb842aa4526.png
The eastern border at Maastricht is wrong, look into it before sending it to them.

EDIT: I mean western of course

Last edited:
Huh. How did Denmark end up with Bohuslän? I don’t think it ever actually touched Danish land. Sweden also seems to have grabbed a lot of Norwegian mountains may be within a day’s horse ride to Oslo Fjord. Doesn’t seem like something they would bother doing if the countries were all in a union. Also interesting to see Denmark claiming parts of Greenland under their own crown. Though it is odd, as I believe it was officially Norwegian, even nearly a century after all the Norse had died there. Actually would be jteresting if, down the line for this map, the Norwegians, Swedes, and Danes all had their own colonies. Though probably impractical as the Swedes don’t have an Atlantic coast, while the Norwegians would be fairly poor. Hmmm... I am unsure from the labeling on the smaller map if it is something you made and have ATL things on it or if it is just for you to use as reference when filling in that other map.

1605971965519.png

Remember my map of a Christian world? Well, now here we have a look at an islamic one over here. The major powers, in order of prcedence:
  1. Indonesia
  2. Pakistan
  3. Iran
  4. Turkey
  5. Bengal
  6. Egypt
  7. Morrocco
  8. Hindustan
  9. Nigeria
  10. Uzbekistan
Outside the Muslim heartland, most countries collapsed. In the werestern hemisphere,only Guyana, Suriname, Trinidad and Venezuela managed to survive intact as countries, though vbast areas remain depopulated. The resto f the western hemisphere is composed of small communities of city-states, with California, Chicago, New York, Florida and Texas being the regions in the USA which retained some level of organization; elsewhere almost all of the infrastructure collapses.

In Europe, a simlar pattern could be seen, and the dominant power is of course Turkey, which has fully embraced its Ottoman legacy. Turkish satellites include Bosnia, Albania and the Rhenish Emirate, centred in Frankfurt. Crimean Republic just to the north of the Pontic sea is also a Turkish satellite.

Africa saw the collpase of many countries, especially in the central and southern parts. Darfur and Azawad become independent, while the Muslim regions of Ethiopia each assumed independence. Lybia was divded in three in respect of its three traditional regions In Arabia, we could have witnessed the divisdion of Yemen and the collapse of Saudi Arabia, which was divided inot the states Hejaz, Najd, Najran, Hail and Hasa. Iraq as well as divided into three, into a Kurdistan, then Jazira and Iraq proper, composed of the Shia parts only.

The collpase of India wsaw Pakistan take up some of the bordering areas, Bangladesh greatly enlarged, the republic of hindustan established in the Ganges Palinas and Hyderabad reestanblished in the Deccan. The collpase of China left two important successor states, Xinjiang and the Hui Peoples Republic. In Russia, the msot important csuccessor state is the Republic of Idel-Ural, with its capital in Kazan, while Circassia, Chchnya and Dagestan regain their independance.

In general, we can see two blocks forming: the Arab Union led by Egypt versus the Turkic Union led by Turkey. Iran´s sphere of influence encompasses Iraq, El-Hasa, North Yemen and extends into Lebanon. Likewise Indonesia is a h hegemon in the south seas.

Random. Alternate. Countries. I saw some of these on other mapping accounts, so I made my own. I had a ton of large projects going on, and I felt demotivated so I just did this little side thing. Are they realistic? Hell no. Did I have fun making them? Yes.
@Nizam - were there supposed to be maps with your post? Because I can't see any if there are.
Same here; the image URL in your post's source code currently leads to a "requested page could not be found" error.

Last edited:
seven-random-alternate-countries-png.601211

Random. Alternate. Countries. I saw some of these on other mapping accounts, so I made my own. I had a ton of large projects going on, and I felt demotivated so I just did this little side thing. Are they realistic? Hell no. Did I have fun making them? Yes.

The United States of America: The US has always been a major cultural melting point, with people from all over the world migrating to the nation to start a new life, enriching the culture in many different ways. One migration wave has stood out over the rest, which are the Latin American migrants coming in from the South. The region was always poor, politically unstable and now saw major desertification issues, worsening the climate. Massive waves of immigrants from Mexico to Peru crossed into the United States, transforming it from an Anglic country into a Latin one. Spanish speaking presidents were elected to power, Enchiladas became more popular than burgers and Catholicism became the dominant religion of the country. A bizarre war which involved right wing nationalists taking over Canada occurred a few decades back, but the US has managed to save some Canadian territories from being under their totalitarian rule. America continues to be a beacon of liberty in the world, now a Latin American one.

The United States would last for much longer, going through numerous boom and bust cycles before finally ending its run in the 25th century.

The Maypan Empire: Spanish contact with the New world was very limited, only slowly spreading guns, germs and steel into the Americas. They figured they could establish some trading towns, and trade technology with the locals in exchange for gold and silver. The Maypan Empire managed to modernize to a rough European level thanks to this trade, and went on devastating Central America and becoming a new Great power in the making. For reasons unknown, the Maypan managed to survive some of the diseases, and only had 50% of their population die out, compared to the rest of the continents at 90%. They converted to Christianity, seeing how weak their old gods were during the plagues. The Mayan Kingdom went on to conquer the Aztecs and subjugate much of Central America, turning them into profitable agricultural colonies. Today, the Maypan are a well established naval and land powerhouse, and are beginning to compete with the Incas, who have recently gained Spanish guns as well.

The Maypan would soon consolidate their power, but remain a rather backward country before being made a Spanish protectorate.

The Holy Roman Empire: During the reign of the Holy Roman Emperor and King of Spain Charles the Fifth, a tract of land in Spanish South America was transferred to the Austrian domain, and integrated into the HRE. The region became known as Karlsland, after a Hapsburg who set up a kingdom in the region, which dominated the territory. The Austrians had a tight hold of the colony, but decided to let many loyal dukes and nobles establish fiefdoms in the territory, importing many African slaves and European peasants to use as labor. Things went pretty well for the bizarre colony, until the European Holy Roman Empire was dissolved by the Napoleonic Empire. Many nobles fled to Karlsland and its periphery kingdoms, and time will tell what will happen to the little nation in South America.

The HRE would collapse soon after, with the Kingdom of Karsland taking full control and creating a stable nation which existed for many years into the future.

The Third Roman Empire: Due to a lack of Mongol Invasions, the Kievan Rus managed to centralize, only to be greeted with Constantinople falling to Turkish hands a few decades later. After nearly a century of conquering, consolidating power and establishing a navy, Anatolia and Constantinople was retaken and the Turks hunted to extinction, as Russian families settled the region. With the conquest of Denmark, Poland and Italy, Russia had truly gained the status of the third Rome. Cossacks yearning for adventure rushed into Siberia, planting flags for the Tsar in Theodosia (now a city of millions), and Russian, no, ROMAN, knights launched crusades into the Middle east, securing a presence there. The Romans Russo-Centric policies have resulted in the ending of several ethnic groups, with many vassals slowly being integrated into the empire. With a strong, brave and loyal people at its hands, there is no better claimant to the throne of the Third Roman Empire than Russia.

Russia would continue to dominate world politics for the next millennia, using its enormous size and manpower to effectively rule the world.

The Empire of Sawda - Due to the mutual threat posed by the expanding Islamic caliphate, the Makurians and Ethiopians began to grow closer together, with the latter of which slowly culturally conquering the former. The kingdoms united under a royal marriage, and stood as a bastion of Christianity in Africa, even engaging in the reconquest of Yemen for a short period of time. Sawda stands strong, and is now reaching out into the vast Indian ocean trade network.

Sawda would decline soon after, and it would fade into irrelevance until it was annexed by the Egyptians seven hundred years later.

Great Yaranarajya - The Greeks cut off from their homeland established a powerful civilization in the far east, becoming a highly prosperous ream. Invasions from the rest of India resulted in them having to retreat into the Western Highlands, where they became known as fierce conquerors. Around 600 CE, Yaranarajya adopted Zoroastrianism, and managed to reconquer much of its lost territory in the Ganges and Indus valleys. The teachings of Zoroaster also began to spread much more in the subcontinent, aided by the fleeing Persians from the Islamic conquests.

Yaranarajya itself would eventually fall to the Turks, but the Zoroastrian presence it created in India would remain strong. The country continued to produce incredible conquerors, who ruled swaths of India for much of history.

The Sultanate of Dai Viet - Islamic traders began popping in ports around the South China Sea, becoming strong and powerful figures in the region. A Vietnamese Emperor took a liking to the religion, and converted, slowly transforming the nation into an Islamic one. Dai Viet became a trading powerhouse, and used its wealth to win wars against the Qing dynasty when they tried to invade, establishing a base in Southern China, humiliating its much larger rival. The country even fought against colonial powers, beating back the Dutch out of what they called Formosa and seizing Spanish ports in Luzon. Dai Viet may be small, but it has a tremendously strong faith and even stronger people.

The Sultanate would eventually be picked apart by colonial empires, with the French taking the mainland. Vietnam would later regain independence, as a booming American ally against communism.
Sorry guys, here are a couple posts of the map in case one of them doesn't work.
Here is a link to the map on DA: https://www.deviantart.com/nizamz7/art/Seven-random-alternate-countries-861810895

de93ljj-9f949950-6c09-48f5-a52a-64ec1056161b.png

Seven random alternate countries.png

While I can’t be sure, it looks as though you didn’t include Ningxia in any state. Is that what the pinkish area is supposed to be north of China? Also, what happened to the Sawhari? It is mostly other African countries supporting them, not Europeans. I don’t see why Mauritania would necessarily go into what is essentially a massive buffer zone, part of which they originated abaonded because they couldn’t handle local resistance fighters blowing up one of their main mines. Do you have Bangladesh reversing their official government policy here about the Rohingya not being Bengals now that they don’t have to worry about refugeees in their country or are they just ignoring the issue and and kicking it the locals in Arakan?

Huh. How did Denmark end up with Bohuslän? I don’t think it ever actually touched Danish land. Sweden also seems to have grabbed a lot of Norwegian mountains may be within a day’s horse ride to Oslo Fjord. Doesn’t seem like something they would bother doing if the countries were all in a union. Also interesting to see Denmark claiming parts of Greenland under their own crown. Though it is odd, as I believe it was officially Norwegian, even nearly a century after all the Norse had died there. Actually would be jteresting if, down the line for this map, the Norwegians, Swedes, and Danes all had their own colonies. Though probably impractical as the Swedes don’t have an Atlantic coast, while the Norwegians would be fairly poor. Hmmm... I am unsure from the labeling on the smaller map if it is something you made and have ATL things on it or if it is just for you to use as reference when filling in that other map.
I'm using that smaller map as a reference when filling it in, but I'll make sure to keep that in mind when doing so.

SuperZtar64

Banned
Redoing an old map I made years ago.
2035.png

The world, 2035, from Second Renaissance. Cannot vouch for the pacific islands being accurate but this should be 95% accurate to Sean McKnight's original map. 2051 coming soon-ish.

While I can’t be sure, it looks as though you didn’t include Ningxia in any state. Is that what the pinkish area is supposed to be north of China? Also, what happened to the Sawhari? It is mostly other African countries supporting them, not Europeans. I don’t see why Mauritania would necessarily go into what is essentially a massive buffer zone, part of which they originated abaonded because they couldn’t handle local resistance fighters blowing up one of their main mines. Do you have Bangladesh reversing their official government policy here about the Rohingya not being Bengals now that they don’t have to worry about refugeees in their country or are they just ignoring the issue and and kicking it the locals in Arakan?
Nope Ningxia is merged with Gansu. The pinkish area is around a major area of Hui concentration in Inner Mongolia.
For Sahrawis, well didn't really look deeply into the issue TBH.
For Bangladesh, I seem to sense that they are concerned with overpopulation in their countries. However, once Burma as a country ceases to exist, it may very well be that Bangladesh as the closest functioning country in the area will be there to come and build an administration, or perhaps it may be that the locals seek union with Bangladesh.

Something thrown together in a rush after being dissatisfied with the reference maps on Wikipedia: Electoral Systems in Established Democracies, 2020
electoral systems more stringent.png

Countries are shown with reference to how elections work for their lower house (or just house) in their national legislature. Plurality require only pluralities to win (so in a three-way race, a candidate could get 34% of the vote and win). Majoritarian systems require that a candidate get at least 50% of the vote and have various methods for achieving that. Proportional systems usually have multiple winners (so, for example, in a three way race , each party may be awarded roughly a third of the elected seats).

Let me know if I made any mistakes!

Something thrown together in a rush after being dissatisfied with the reference maps on Wikipedia: Electoral Systems in Established Democracies, 2020
View attachment 601397
Countries are shown with reference to how elections work for their lower house (or just house) in their national legislature. Plurality require only pluralities to win (so in a three-way race, a candidate could get 34% of the vote and win). Majoritarian systems require that a candidate get at least 50% of the vote and have various methods for achieving that. Proportional systems usually have multiple winners (so, for example, in a three way race , each party may be awarded roughly a third of the elected seats).

Let me know if I made any mistakes!
Alaska should be blue following the ballot initiative. Also I feel that green should only be MMP while proportional mixed with majoritarian should be orange.

Alaska passed RCV. Washington, California, Georgia, and Louisiana have jungle primaries with runoffs (and several other states have them for primaries).

Status
Not open for further replies.