Status
Not open for further replies.
ALTERNATE WW2: PEACE IN 1940

LfFN8s2.png

"Poland after World War 2"
"from Germany in 1940"
"returned by Soviets in 1944"
"to Soviets in 1939"

It's a far-fetched idea, but hey whatever it's interesting. World War 2 ends in 1940 for one reason or another. Basically, Poland loses the east but they get all the plebiscite areas from after WW1.

The Prussian border is based on early Soviet proposals for the Poland-Kaliningrad border.

The dashed borders show internal (voivodeship) borders. Lomza was moved to the Warsaw voivodeship, a new Warmia voivodeship is created, and Gdansk is made into a city-sized zone.

Ahhh yes, I just brought up Mark as it was listed in the United Duchies of etcetera in your post. And I did see the France-Milan thing though I assumed it was just my confusion that made it seem odd. As it looked like much of Piedmont was French occupied, I figured it was something like later on, with France calling itself France and Navarre. Well, the king claiming to be king of both. And soon we shall be in the Cologn War, followed by Cologne, Liege, and many of the other Prince-Bishoprics continually sharing the same man as bishop, even when he is not even an actual priest. I am wondering how you will handle the coloring for those, though assumedly councils will be doing the administration there, just sending mean and money to the noble born bishop. As we always have Aragon, Navarre, Castile-Leon, and Portugal with their own colors in the personal unions until begin reorganized into Spain, I suppose no need to change the colors for the bishoprics. All comes down to however you plan to handle it. In retrorepsecf, I probably brought that stuff up on my early posts of your maps. Been a couple weeks.
I hadn't planned on changing the colouring for the PB where they share the same "Bishop", do you have any data or links as I don't have anything on this atm?

b4nDlnG.png

This is an AH map based on POD; Francis wins the 1519 election & becomes Emperor of the HRE.
I am assuming Charles of Burgundy would "object" but an alliance of France, Guelders, United Duchies and various Italian States defeat him.
The map is about 1550 after the death of Charles in battle at Ste.Dizier in 1533. Spain is ruled by Philip II but the regency period was dominated by his uncle Ferdinand who wanted to stabilize the western European situation to concentrate on the Ottoman threat. He therefore made compromises.
This is the situation 3 years after his death in 1547.

b4nDlnG.png

This is an AH map based on POD; Francis wins the 1519 election & becomes Emperor of the HRE.
I am assuming Charles of Burgundy would "object" but an alliance of France, Guelders, United Duchies and various Italian States defeat him.
The map is about 1550 after the death of Charles in battle at Ste.Dizier in 1533. Spain is ruled by Philip II but the regency period was dominated by his uncle Ferdinand who wanted to stabilize the western European situation to concentrate on the Ottoman threat. He therefore made compromises.
This is the situation 3 years after his death in 1547.

1 second later, the entire Habsburg court seek a change of underwear.

I hadn't planned on changing the colouring for the PB where they share the same "Bishop", do you have any data or links as I don't have anything on this atm?
Depends on what you mean by which part of what I said. As for data, I would just look at the pages of the Spiritual Electors, as they date when they got extra offices. It isn’t until the Cologne War when so many of them solidly started coming under a single person, generation after generation. Just mentioning it in the text is probably good enough, at least when it leads to entanglements in military conflicts. Looking it over, it seems the Archbishop of Cologne would often have many of the same extra titles, but not always all of them. Probably not anything to worry too much about.

Last edited:
The Republic of Florida is one of the four post-Confederate republics founded after the CSA was broken up by the victorious Yankees after the Second Great War ended in 1955. It consists of the entirety of the former state of Florida plus the coastal territories of the former states of Mississippi and Alabama, the remainder of which were incorporated into the Republic of Muscogee. Florida achieved full independence from US occupation in 1961; however, sizable US military bases remain in several places in the country, as is the case for all the post-Confederate states. At the time of independence, Florida was the least-populated post-CSA country. It has since been an attractive destination for immigrants from both the USA and other post-Confederate countries; in 2020, the country has a population of 8.5 million, and a majority of the population are first or second generation residents. The economy depends on tourism, gambling, and financial services, all of which are concentrated in the Miami and South Florida areas. Unlike the other post-CSA nations, Florida maintains largely friendly relations with the United States. The Dixie Reunion movement that is prominent in Muscogee and the Republic of Roanoke has little support in Florida except in the Panhandle region in the northwest, where outbreaks of reunionist violence have occasionally needed to be suppressed with US military assistance. The main political issues in Florida are corruption, environmental degradation, and the under-development of the north compared to the south. The country is notorious for its pro-business, no questions asked approach to banking and the gaming business, which has made it a popular tax shelter and (it is widely thought) a center for international money-laundering. Disdain for regulation extends to the environmental impact of the tourism and agriculture industries; in addition, climate change threatens to inundate parts of the low-lying country, including some of its most populated cities.

Florida is a democratic republic governed by a unicameral National Assembly, which chooses the Premier, who runs the government along with his/her cabinet. The head of state is the popularly-elected president, but the presidency is mostly a ceremonial position. The country is divided into 12 counties which exercise control over local government. The present counties were formed by combining the numerous counties of the statehood era into larger units. At the time of independence there were 9 counties, but a 1986 reorganization created three new counties in the interest of increasing local control: 1) New Florida (the counties not part of the former state of Florida) were detached from West Florida; 2) the city of Miami and its environs were split from the county of South Florida and made a metropolitan county, necessitating the movement of the capital of South Florida from Miami to Palm Beach; 3) the Florida Keys were given their own county government separate from South Florida after the bloodless "Conch Republic" revolt, when Keys local officials staged an attempt to secede from Florida to protest the perceived lack of responsiveness from the county government.

florida.png

Alt%20America.png

An alternate map of North America I made whilst derping about.

Was amusing to make, But I'm not sure it makes much sense though...

I'm thinking that New England and Acadia have a similar love-hate relationship that the mother countries back in the Old World share. Greater Virginia is an industrially powerful and expansionist leaning power that everyone is slightly afraid of. Louisiana is locked in a one sided rivalry with Texas, which doesn't really care as it is too focused on preventing UberMexico form anschlussing it. Atlantia is a merchant republic that has survived through always backing the winning side in wars, and has a large merchant fleet that totally has never been involved in piracy. Vinland is just happy that's its still there and is hoping no one notices.

Mexico is the continental big dog and takes no shit from anyone, it is only prevented from dominating it's northern neighbors by grand coalitions against it. Illinois is an agrarian burgher-state founded by radical evangelists that Greater Virginia finds a bit too weird to actually get around to annexing, but has enough influence in to pretty much operate them as a puppet. The United Lakes are a coalition of Metis and Indigenous groups that forted up for mutual protection, typically allied to Acadia. Florida managed to get it's independence by playing Spain and Mexico off against each other, is currently eyeing up Cuba as a potential target for expansion, but is very worried about Virginia.

Borealia is still part of the British Empire (technically so is New England, but Britain is careful to never ask them to do something they would refuse), it has a rather fractious relationship with Mexico's Californian territory. The Sioux have fought tooth and nail against all comers to defend their borders and at various points have been both allied to and at war with every one of their neighbors, in a state of low level perpetual war with Illinois. The people of the CAF fought a war against Spain to gain independence, two against Mexico to keep it, and are now in the middle of a civil war to decide what to do now they've got it. Aleskya swears eternal loyalty to the Tsar of all Russias, Protector of the Orthodox faith, and Grand Marshal of Constantinople.

Last edited:
To be fair, his was among the least egregious of them so far. Good that the line has been set though. Now, @Bob Hope you have Guelders and the United Duchies combine here due to marriage and inheritance? Or did they unite into a kingdom of their own with a couple minor allies? And is the HRE dissolved here? Or is it still around and slices through French land, but is just not shown due to the complexity?

After a bit of a pause, the next part of my timezone ISOT series, UTC+02:00. I've decided to add a little bit of background as well for this one.

UTC+0200.png

UTC+02:00 ISOT
Territories transported: Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia (Kaliningrad), Ukraine (exc. Crimea, DPR and LPR-controlled areas), Moldova, Transnistria, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, Cyprus (inc. UK SBAs), North Cyprus, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Palestinian Territories, Jordan, Egypt, Libya, Sudan, DR Congo (central and eastern provinces), Rwanda, Burundi, Zambia, Malawi, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, South Africa (ex. Prince Edward Islands), Eswatini, Lesotho.

Finland established itself as the dominant power in the Baltic, establishing control over the Danish Straits and building a canal across Jutland, rivalled only by Russia. Russia itself consists of five disparate parts, nicknamed 'All the Russias', some of which are more closely aligned to Kaliningrad than others. Ukraine has established itself as the conduit between the Baltic and Black Seas, although attempts have been made to establish alternate trans-European routes. With the loss of their most influential backer, Israel agreed to support the creation of a Palestinian state... on the shores of the Red Sea. Libya meanwhile imploded, with Egyptian backing for the Cyrenaica-based government leading to the country's permanent division and loss of its southern territories. Four competing regimes emerged in the former DRC: a Swahili-speaking government in Kisangani; Kasai; Katanga; and Lingala-speaking Uélé in the north. Uélé ultimately fell under Kisangani's control as an autonomous region, along with a neutralised Rwanda and Katanga pursued closed ties with Zambia and its southern neighbours. Thanks to its long coastline, Mozambique was able to become the principle port for its inland neighbours, allowing it to grow to rival South Africa for regional dominance. Pretoria responded by establishing military outposts and ports further north along the Indian Ocean coast and hopes to be the one to finally defeat the Somali and Yemeni pirates.

Last edited:
After a bit of a pause, the next part of my timezone ISOT series, UTC+02:00. I've decided to add a little bit of background as well for this one.
Did you ever establish where the ISOTed countries get transported to? Is the planet devoid of humans outside the transportees, or did they get transported to a certain point in OTL time, or something completely different?

Status
Not open for further replies.