Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tamriel (and the rest of Nirn) in 4E 201

What started as redrawing Solstheim on the old Tamriel basemap ended with me redrawing all of Tamriel and adding the other continents.

Main basemaps used:
Hori873's map of Nirn
Beyond Skyrim's Roscrea

UESP's interactive ESO Map

4E201.png

A massive update after a month or so (hopefully I can finish this by Thanksgiving so that I can sell this for the Christmas season):

The best of luck to you!

Though admittedly, I half-expected this Andalusia to be either a Muslim or Secularized Moorish state.

Here is an even more dystopian map of occupied France, with an Axis Britain and an Axis Spain, Italy is expanding its zone of occupation and annexing Corsica. Britain annexed the surroundings of Calais and Dunkirk, Spain Roussillon. A Pro-Axis Puppet State is created in Brittany. In this TL, the Canal des Deux-Mers is widened like that of Suez or Kiel and is under Axis control.
occupied france.png

My newest Map creation is WIP. Here are Europe and africa already. I will make them prettier but just fyi

Europa spain.png

AAAAAAAfrica.png

Edit: The Coastlines are the same thickness. The africa map is just smaller

Huh, 33 states, you managed to get a lot in such a compact area. Suppose it makes more sense than if someone tried to make a lot of them out in the Great Plains.
A lot of those are "West Virginias" - states carved out from existing states that rebelled for whatever reason.
New York the capital of Tri-Insula? I am half wondering from the name and flag if they are trying to be as Modern as possible.
Tri-Insula is actually a very old name - Mayor Fernando Wood floated the idea of secession back during the Civil War. The flag is a recent redesign, though.
They break off some time after all the canals from Upstate New York helped build them up with business?
Yes - in the late 1900s decade.
And what is the current cultural, economic, etc capitals for the US?
The short answer is that there isn't one - between pillarization and regionalism, there are a bunch of different cities that could make a claim to being the capital. Washington, St. Louis, and Philadelphia probably have the best claims.
And does this Free Louisiana mean that it was invaded, with the rest of the state being made into one or two states afterwards? Or do are they a Cajun state that, outside of having Baton Rouge and a bit f the Mississippi, keeps to itself? Outside of oil it doesn’t seem like it has much going for it. Especially not if Texas decides to lay claim to the stuff at sea.
It's a Cajun state that broke off during the Great American War of the '60s to get out from under the anti-French sentiment of the rest of the state/country. Texas has enough of its own oil - and enough of a vested interest in keeping Free Louisiana free - that, while being part of the Chapultepec-sphere makes it beholden to OPEC-style production limits sometimes, it's still able to run its economy on oil exports (and, to a lesser extent, remittances from workers who move to Texas).

@Wolfram I just noticed there is a dot in Michigan I can’t quite tell from the color key who it belongs two. I thought it was just a miscoloring at first, but I see from the side maps that it is indeed separate from the United States. What the story behind it?

I was first on the list lucky me, and I wanted to create an Indian Ocean centered game (task successful!), but I also didn't want democracy to develop in Europe. So I created a swahili-malagasy-arab hybrid state that used a derived version of the Gadaa system of the Oromo from Southern Ethiopia. The head canon was a STV election system where only people of a very restrictive age range get to vote - i.e. 25-64. Furthermore, you vote for each one of the eight candidates that make up the executive-legislative. The judicial branch of government is under the control of people aged 49-72 and is not elected. Adding on top of that I wanted to stress the difference in political beliefs of the generations, sort-of mirroring real world politics and the ol' boomer-millennial thing.

btw, I love your map! It is absolutely gorgeous, as always.
Wow I never knew about this type of system. Very interesting! I'm going to read more into this for sure

I might post the two potential peace treaties I see happening tomorrow.
Chose promise, chose due.
Screw You Von Habsburg.png

In the event of a Valois victory, it is very likely that the frequently contested areas between France and the Empire and France and Spain would go to France, such as Flanders-Artois, Franche-Comté, and Roussillon. Milanais, focus of the later Italian Wars, would also go to France.
Finally, due to the Savoyards seizing the French possessions in Saluzzo during the French religion wars, the French have compensated themselves with Bugey, Bresse and Gex (OTL département of Ain)
Henri de Navarre can rest easy, having seized back the Southern half of his country from the Spanish. In addition, the Dutch, who were fighting the Habsburgs, received their independence.

The Polish Valois also receive territory in the form of Silesia, which will be held by the King as a Duchy in personal union with the Commonwealth. It is done in order to ensure that the Crown can afford a reasonable independent funding from the Sejm.

God Damnit Von Habsburg.png

In the event of a Habsburg victory, the Polish would lose Royal Prussia, which, while seized by the Habsburgs, will wind up in the hands of the Franconian Hohenzollerns. The Kingdom of France, however, would lose much more. The Duchy of Bar, as well as the Duchy of Burgundy, Picardy, and a number of border lands in the North would wind up rounding the Burgundian possessions of Spain. In addition, all French lands in Arelat would be seized, the Austrian Habsburgs receiving Dauphiné and Lyon, while the Spanish Habsburgs would go after Provence, linked to them by Languedoc.
Languedoc, Aquitaine, Angoumois and Saintonge would be undergoing very rough times, due to the implantation of the Spanish Inquisition in those lands where the French Kings had assigned Huguenot strongholds. Indeed, during the war, the Spanish soldiers pretty much went Albigean Crusade on the conquered territories, with the consequences one can expect.

So, on the one hand, a strengthened France and PLC, and a crippled Empire bound to explode under internal religious tensions; plus a Spain that may just lose Portugal and Catalonia when Felipe kicks the bucket. On the other hand, a crippled France, but a badly overextended Spain.

Two years ago I started to work on an ancestry map of the United States with data from the 2016 Census Bureau population estimates via Statistical Atlas, as most of the existing maps commonly found online are based on 2000 and 2010 census data and at this point are a decade or two old. To make the map different from other ancestry maps, I shaded in ethnic groups that are 2% or closer from the largest group. I also included smaller referential maps for the largest group by state, second largest, and a map showing the proportion of the population by state without a reported ancestry. It took a lot longer than I originally anticipated and I had an on-again, off-again approach as I do with many large mapping projects, but it's finally finished so enjoy.
gw9RUTy.png

Status
Not open for further replies.