Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dixie3.png

The aftermath of the Confederate Civil War left a very troubled nation broken and battered as the new 'Reclamation Government' took power from both the Loyalists and Radicals in the bloody conflict. The United Nations was present as the nation tried to get its recover itself once more and bring itself into a "new age" and under international laws. The various of new states from the former CSA where seen more positively like Virginia, Texas, Cuba, Flordia and East Hispaniola, however the communist state of the " Peoples Union of Dixie and Puerto Rico" has been met with caution from its neighbors and the United States.
- expert from the 2021 book, Down in Dixie: The History of a Rouge Nation

So this is the final map in my little 1990s Confederate idea! Idk if I'll do more of this idea, maybe, but enjoy none the less!

Any specific reason why they call their day of celebration for “Genocide Day”?
Going by how the flag is so different from the rest and it looks like it has been pasted on, I assume it is someone protesting, rather than it actually being the name of the holiday. Also seems like a bit of a political slogan. It works with how both the map and the text reads to be something shown to tourists.

MapChart_Map (1) (1).png

After Mexico's defeat in the Mexican-American War, a call to the old times of the Mexican Empire began. With it, brought great change. The Mexican Army was rebuilt in the Prussian style, as the Emperor, Agustín Jerónimo, had asked for when he married into the Von Hohenzollern house. It would not be until his death in 1858, did great change begin. the reign of Agustín "The Lawgiver" was a peaceful reign, but his death would mark what would be known as the "Gran Subyugación", where the then Emperor Charles would begin his march south. In the beginning, america would send plenty of support to the countries of the south, but of course they would retract such during the Civil War. Charles would end his Conquest in Belize, where after the taking of Cuba (which would continue to have Spaniards harrass the Island for years later, until a formal treaty would be drafted three years later in 1866. The 'taking' of Belize was more of a purchase, with the Mexican govt. paying the British what would be one hundred and eighty two million pounds in today's money (or rather, 1,412,500 pounds). The Great Subjugation would forever earn Charles the Name "El Gran Conquistador". The Empire would stand until 1942, where Communist revolutionaries stormed the palace, and killed nearly the entire royal family, as the Crown Prince was on vacation in the United States, leading to a govt. in exile. during these years the Maya people would be subjugated to a culling nearly as bad as the holocaust. The so called "Partido Mexicano" would cull the Caucasian and Maya peoples, only in 1999 would the regime fall, leading to a constitutional monarchy of today to stand. The family of the lone surviving member returning to power, being led by Empress Maria since 1999.

View attachment 683209

After Mexico's defeat in the Mexican-American War, a call to the old times of the Mexican Empire began. With it, brought great change. The Mexican Army was rebuilt in the Prussian style, as the Emperor, Agustín Jerónimo, had asked for when he married into the Von Hohenzollern house. It would not be until his death in 1858, did great change begin. the reign of Agustín "The Lawgiver" was a peaceful reign, but his death would mark what would be known as the "Gran Subyugación", where the then Emperor Charles would begin his march south. In the beginning, america would send plenty of support to the countries of the south, but of course they would retract such during the Civil War. Charles would end his Conquest in Belize, where after the taking of Cuba (which would continue to have Spaniards harrass the Island for years later, until a formal treaty would be drafted three years later in 1866. The 'taking' of Belize was more of a purchase, with the Mexican govt. paying the British what would be one hundred and eighty two million pounds in today's money (or rather, 1,412,500 pounds). The Great Subjugation would forever earn Charles the Name "El Gran Conquistador". The Empire would stand until 1942, where Communist revolutionaries stormed the palace, and killed nearly the entire royal family, as the Crown Prince was on vacation in the United States, leading to a govt. in exile. during these years the Maya people would be subjugated to a culling nearly as bad as the holocaust. The so called "Partido Mexicano" would cull the Caucasian and Maya peoples, only in 1999 would the regime fall, leading to a constitutional monarchy of today to stand. The family of the lone surviving member returning to power, being led by Empress Maria since 1999.
Nice to see we still got the Gadsden Purchase. Though I wonder if the Cayman Islands would be a high priority here. I suppose the British wouldn’t need it as a midway stop now.

Nice to see we still got the Gadsden Purchase. Though I wonder if the Cayman Islands would be a high priority here. I suppose the British wouldn’t need it as a midway stop now.
Meh, I'm sure that there was some treatise that stated that they could restock at any Mexican port for cheap. Though after the Communist regime? Nah.

So Mexico did go to war with Colombia, but stopped at taking the Panama department ?

Why aren't there any Communists in the East, where Die Linke is strongeset?
... perhaps it's the fact the east doesn't like communist...? I've been to East Germany, and I saw a guy wearing a communist shirt. He got his ass handed to him.watching some twenty year old fat dude getting the snot kicked out of him by two old dudes was pretty funny tbh.

Yeah. I'd say a formal treaty was drafted after that. Mexico in my mind was a unstoppable beast, marching south until all of central america was theirs.
Well, with a likely 3:1 numerical advantage on even Colombia, I'd say that would've been in the cards, albeit costly in manpower due to the difficult terrain and crappy infrastructure making it hard for them to bring the great strength of Prussia - Krupp cannons - to bear.

Stretch

Donor
As usual, crossposting from the MotF challenge. Questions, comments, anything really, is welcomed

Come celebrate Boltsholm Day at the original Boltsholm!

arUVMr7.png

May 15 is a very momentous day for Boltsholm History, being that in which the expedition of William Bolts, chartered by King Gustav III of Sweden, first landed on the island of Boltsholm, off the western shore of the mainland, in 1788, having been tasked with the mission of establishing a trading colony in the region. From those humble beginnings, Boltsholm grew into the nation we know of today, covering the entire continent and thriving with a strong Scandinavian culture mixed with many thriving immigrant communities and, of course, the Aboriginal inhabitants of the land.

To celebrate the occasion, every year on May 15, Boltholmians gather in the small island that gave name to their country and celebrate with picnics, concerts and firework shows. The island, conveniently accessible by ferry from Svanhamn, the capital and largest city of the country, is also a favorite spot for vacations or just weekend getaways, providing many opportunities for going to the beach, snorkeling, bike paths and whale-sightings. The Boltsholm Museum also hosts a permanent exhibition narrating the early years of settlement, both in the island and in the mainland, telling the intrepid history of the early settlers of Boltsholm.

The first Boltsholm Day was celebrated in 1818, as Foundation Day, to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the landing of William Bolts, who had also died precisely 10 years earlier, after serving as Governor of the colony for 20 years, a remarkable tenure for the Father (and namesake) of Boltsholm. Of course, the public opinion on the man has changed lately, with the reappraisals of his role in the massacres of indigenous tribes in the mainland, but the celebrations and his legacy continue to loom large all over the country.

Boltsholm would cease to be the capital of the colony on May 15 1826, with a formal ceremony transferring the seat of government to Svanhamn, where it remains since, due to the lack of space provided by the island and the difficulty in providing water and food for the ever larger needs of the administrative center of the ever-growing colony. Despite this, Boltsholm has remained steadfast, flourishing as a hub of tourism, in particular during the May 15 celebrations, where thousands converge on to the island to celebrate in the marvelous spectacles it provides.

This is actually part of a larger project I am brewing and which I might publish later on as its own thing. But it seemed like a good way to publish its first map and see what people thought.

So, Boltsholm Island is OTL Rottnest Island, Svanhamn is OTL Perth and Boltsholm as a country is Australia. This is Swedish Australia! Or, more precisely, Swedish-Norwegian Australia with a good number of Danish, Finnish and Icelandic settlers too. I won't spoil the project too much, but essentially it's inspired in the planned colony Gustav III chartered, but that was never fulfilled due to war with Russia. I find it an interesting idea, a Scandinavian Australia, and I'm still mapping out the politics and everything (I think people will like what I have planned there), but it's still far along. Consider this a teaser for something that may never be fully completed.

Oh and my apologies to any Swedish speakers if I butchered your language in any place.
As a resident of Perth, I love this. When the voting for this MOTF opens, you'll have mine for sure!

View attachment 683208
The aftermath of the Confederate Civil War left a very troubled nation broken and battered as the new 'Reclamation Government' took power from both the Loyalists and Radicals in the bloody conflict. The United Nations was present as the nation tried to get its recover itself once more and bring itself into a "new age" and under international laws. The various of new states from the former CSA where seen more positively like Virginia, Texas, Cuba, Flordia and East Hispaniola, however the communist state of the " Peoples Union of Dixie and Puerto Rico" has been met with caution from its neighbors and the United States.
- expert from the 2021 book, Down in Dixie: The History of a Rouge Nation

So this is the final map in my little 1990s Confederate idea! Idk if I'll do more of this idea, maybe, but enjoy none the less!
Une question: So is New Orleans loyal to the CSA, part of the USA, or independent? Hard to tell from the colors. I ask cuz if that part of the world were ever to go Communist, that would have started in New Orleans and not have left it out.

Une question: So is New Orleans loyal to the CSA, part of the USA, or independent? Hard to tell from the colors. I ask cuz if that part of the world were ever to go Communist, that would have started in New Orleans and not have left it out.

Looks like "foreign" colored. So either US or independent.

As for the area going communist, probably because it has a large concentration of African-Americans and in a country like the CSA it makes sense that the oppressed people would get heavily radicalised.

Looks like "foreign" colored. So either US or independent.

As for the area going communist, probably because it has a large concentration of African-Americans and in a country like the CSA it makes sense that the oppressed people would get heavily radicalised.
I'm from New Orleans, which is why I asked. In modern OTL politics, we are a small leftist island in a deep sea of (to be kind) incredibly backwards-looking conservatives. Were this Communist insurgency just based on support from the Black community, there are few parishes where Black people form either a majority or plurality over Whites, and in Mississippi only in the Delta area along the river would there be counties where Blacks people are in the plurality. Even my own parish, with demographics shifts, may lose its Black majority within the next 10 to 20 years. Any sort of Confederate Communist uprising would need the support of a significant part of the White working class and have a big city like New Orleans (think Petrograd Soviet) to base itself upon.

I'm from New Orleans, which is why I asked. In modern OTL politics, we are a small leftist island in a deep sea of (to be kind) incredibly backwards-looking conservatives. Were this Communist insurgency just based on support from the Black community, there are few parishes where Black people form either a majority or plurality over Whites, and in Mississippi only in the Delta area along the river would there be counties where Blacks people are in the plurality. Even my own parish, with demographics shifts, may lose its Black majority within the next 10 to 20 years. Any sort of Confederate Communist uprising would need the support of a significant part of the White working class and have a big city like New Orleans (think Petrograd Soviet) to base itself upon.

I can see a (admittedly ironic) scenario where poor whites and African Americans might start to find common cause if slavery is maintained (or some sort of apartheid system that means African Americans can be made to work cheaper than whites). Workers rights even for white people would probably pretty bad in the Confederacy because the upper classes would have little incentive to grant any concessions when they can simply force a person with even less rights to work in any condition.

This would probably in most cases lead to killings against African Americans by frustrated white people. But maybe the anger starts to get directed upwards at the Plantation and Factory owning classes profiting off everyone else's misery. Confederate Communist thinkers label slavery (or whatever system of disenfranchisement against African Americans) as another tool of the capitalist elite to crush the working class. They decide to break it, not for humanitarian feelings towards African Americans, but greater hatred of the corrupt "class enemies" that had been at the helm for almost two centuries.

Last edited:

Eparkhos

Banned
Norman Anatolia.png

An idea I had about Roussel de Bailleul choosing a better location to try and set up his own state. This time, with more local support and the Byzantines and Turks bleeding each other white, the de Bailleuls manage to carve out a semi-long-lasting state in SE Anatolia, probably eventually going native. However, they do leave behind an absolute clusterfuck of place names, such as, for instance, 'Cibhiraihuan' : 'Chabord' for Isparta, 'Chateau de Neucaloncoracisihaunville'.

Dagoth Ur

Banned
Gotta hate the border between Croatia and Serbia. Just because the border was drawn that way for two entities in one republic, doesn't mean that's the border that would exist between just the two countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.