Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
file

The world in QBAM, divided into (mostly) equal-sized provinces, based on ethnic, linguistic, religious, cultural, physical, historical and administrative divisions.
Unfortunately, the link is broken

God's Kingdom and the Coming Deluge

All is not well in the Patriarchate of Vaspukaran. For eight hundred years, despite disunion and reformation Vaspukaran has survived as a single state with a single Patriarch, under which all of the souls of the country are aligned in the dream to build a true kingdom of God. But new pressures from within and without have pushed it to the breaking point. A society based upon the solidity of scripture is under the grips of the same industrialism that melts all that is solid, evaporates the illusions which hold power and prestige in place. The Patriarch himself, a milquetoast and weak reformer, has neither the stomach nor the strength to do what has to be done to rescue his enormous realm from the contradictions which threaten to destroy it. A high priesthood too enmeshed in its legalism to see the country is in the midst of grand decay, and a Juror military order that simply does not care so long as it can extract a profit from the corpse. The rise of powers all around who endanger the once unbreachable frontiers from both land and sea threaten not only the territory of Vaspukaran, but its self-confidence as chosen among all the nations.

This is the state of Vaspukaran at the far edge of fate, as the calling of a Sanhedron raises the hope of the people who cry out and the low priesthood who demand restitution from those who claim to speak for God. But it also threatens to finally and irrevocably unleash the social pressures which have been brewing beneath the uneasy peace of all these years, and throw all under Heaven into tantamount disorder.

As the Sanhedron approaches, not even God may be able to save his Kingdom from the outbreak of revolution.

b1OkkGP.png

Vaspukaran is an original fantasy setting that I have been developing for years and I figured I would share the map of here. A syncretic theocracy drawing on inspiration from the Inca, the biblical Kingdom of Israel, Armenia, ancient Mesopotamia, the Eastern Orthodox Church and late Imperial China, Vaspukaran is in the midst of an industrial revolution and institutional decay that threatens to tear every part of it to pieces. If you are interested in further exploring the setting I am writing an ongoing in-character history of the massive country and its origins hosted on Sufficient Velocity, but otherwise you can just enjoy the map.

The map was a labour of love that I created in Inkscape over a number of hours of work. The original basemap is a heavily altered version of Yuktobania's southeast coast from Strangereal (Ace Combat), which was actually not intentional but was the map that was used for the original nation game this country was first featured in. Since then it has gone through many, many iterations and has become part of its own separate setting. Other than some of the basemap and some of the lakes (sneakingly taken from various earth lakes turned upside down or enlarged) everything is else is drawn by freehand.

Last edited:
EightiesWorld.png

If anyone is wondering, this map took several inspiration from The-Artist-64 and QuantumBranching and their maps.

This map is pretty much a retrofuturistic world of 2021 as imagined by people in the 80s (or at least what I think they imagine).
-----------------------------------------------------

The year is 2021. The Cold War is still raging on even after 74 years. Megacorporations dominate several nations such as the US and Japan and even state-own corporations in the Soviet Union. The Cold War continues with the 3 powers fighting proxy wars while the corporations grow rich. Fashion seems to have taken a more neon look, with Neon glasses, mohawks, and neon shirts and pants. Suits have you wear two ties, with businessmen and politicians accepting this trend. Robots help everyday people and their lives. Neon is pretty much everywhere you look.

With Gorbachev losing power in the late 80s, the Soviets launch another reform campaign to its system, reforming into somewhat of a State-Capitalist system (think of our world China). The early 90s would however see the Soviets lose their influence abroad, with several of the Eastern European communist governments collapsing. East Germany surprisingly survives although it still realizes Soviet support. The Soviets today continue to see their influence decline.
China in 1991 collapse into a revolution after years of protest and would go into a state of a second civil war and warlords, eventually resulting truce with the KMT regaining its ground back in mainland China. The Peoples Republic of China continues to survive up north and has been forced to reform its alliance with the Soviet Union. Currently, the war has been a pause for nearly two decades, but fears that it might relaunch remain high.

In the United States, it continues to be the leading world power, spreading its cultural and economic influence across the world. Europe would see itself uniting in 1992 into the European Union, becoming one of the biggest powerhouses in the world. Cities such as New York, San Fransico, Paris and Rome would become a technological hub for development in the west, where all the new savvy tech is made. In Central America, the US is embroiled with fighting communist insurgence there, which has become deeply divisive among the American public whether or not America should be involved with the conflict. Brazil meanwhile would see itself become an economic power in South America and a strong ally with the US and the western bloc.

Japan, having avoided the Lost Decades, would become a superpower, having split off from the Western bloc and becoming rivals to the United States and the Soviet Union, and would be the leading nation in the Third Way Bloc, an alliance of nations against both the Americans and Soviets. Japan would see itself become the prime exporter of computers, robots, and entertainment with Manga and Anime as well as other tech becoming popular in the west. Japan would see its influence rise across the pacific and even spreading to other continents.

In 1995, Humanity finally landed on Mars when America launch the Armstrong, this cause the Space Race to restart, with the Soviets launching the first colony on the moon. Other nations would also begin to launch their own colonies on both the Moon and Mars. There are plans to launch a man mission to the surface of venus and a plan to launch a ship to reach Jupiter and one of its moons.

(This map took way longer than it should have, I hope you like it)

So they are developing a suit that allows you to be in a very harsh climate and the hope is that the person who is in the suit survives on the surface. Although truthfully the guy being sent is hated by everyone in Nasa.
I really want to know what sort of reverse-mother-of-all-winter-coats allows people to survive in 462 degree weather: 462 Celsius, that is (864 degrees Fahrenheit/189 degrees Kelvin).

I really want to know what sort of reverse-mother-of-all-winter-coats allows people to survive in 462 degree weather: 462 Celsius, that is (864 degrees Fahrenheit/189 degrees Kelvin).
Ok, I should probably state that this map is pretty much Sci-Fi, and is not very realistic. Think of it as some magical super-advanced suit, honestly, I might just retcon this.

Ok, I should probably state that this map is pretty much Sci-Fi, and is not very realistic. Think of it as some magical super-advanced suit, honestly, I might just retcon this.
It's a paleofuture. Part of the fun is that we were wrong about how things would turn out. I'd leave it. EDIT: I mean, you can change it. I just don't want you to feel pressured because I joked around.

It would be less of a suit and more of a small mech. But even if it weighs a couple of tons and has all sorts of engines and hydraulics, it should still be possible to "walk" with it.

God's Kingdom and the Coming Deluge

All is not well in the Patriarchate of Vaspukaran. For eight hundred years, despite disunion and reformation Vaspukaran has survived as a single state with a single Patriarch, under which all of the souls of the country are aligned in the dream to build a true kingdom of God. But new pressures from within and without have pushed it to the breaking point. A society based upon the solidity of scripture is under the grips of the same industrialism that melts all that is solid, evaporates the illusions which hold power and prestige in place. The Patriarch himself, a milquetoast and weak reformer, has neither the stomach nor the strength to do what has to be done to rescue his enormous realm from the contradictions which threaten to destroy it. A high priesthood too enmeshed in its legalism to see the country is in the midst of grand decay, and a Juror military order that simply does not care so long as it can extract a profit from the corpse. The rise of powers all around who endanger the once unbreachable frontiers from both land and sea threaten not only the territory of Vaspukaran, but its self-confidence as chosen among all the nations.

This is the state of Vaspukaran at the far edge of fate, as the calling of a Sanhedron raises the hope of the people who cry out and the low priesthood who demand restitution from those who claim to speak for God. But it also threatens to finally and irrevocably unleash the social pressures which have been brewing beneath the uneasy peace of all these years, and throw all under Heaven into tantamount disorder.

As the Sanhedron approaches, not even God may be able to save his Kingdom from the outbreak of revolution.

b1OkkGP.png

Vaspukaran is an original fantasy setting that I have been developing for years and I figured I would share the map of here. A syncretic theocracy drawing on inspiration from the Inca, the biblical Kingdom of Israel, Armenia, ancient Mesopotamia, the Eastern Orthodox Church and late Imperial China, Vaspukaran is in the midst of an industrial revolution and institutional decay that threatens to tear every part of it to pieces. If you are interested in further exploring the setting I am writing an ongoing in-character history of the massive country and its origins hosted on Sufficient Velocity, but otherwise you can just enjoy the map.

The map was a labour of love that I created in Inkscape over a number of hours of work. The original basemap is a heavily altered version of Yuktobania's southeast coast from Strangereal (Ace Combat), which was actually not intentional but was the map that was used for the original nation game this country was first featured in. Since then it has gone through many, many iterations and has become part of its own separate setting. Other than some of the basemap and some of the lakes (sneakingly taken from various earth lakes turned upside down or enlarged) everything is else is drawn by freehand.
I haven't read your entire writeup, but from what I've seen, I love it! How big is Vaspukaran?

I haven't read your entire writeup, but from what I've seen, I love it! How big is Vaspukaran?

Thank you! We are talking a very large country, perhaps between the size of Qing China and Late Tsarist Russia, much of it relatively recent conquests. As you can tell by that size comparison there are also thus a number of river valleys which can support high population densities, and overall it is the largest country in the world in the setting. That being said, to compensate for this vastness, the country is heavily decentralized, and as you can tell large parts are under separate governmental structures from the 'core' synods.

Alright, i swear, last Kaiserreich quarter-bam post. This time i closely reviewed as many upcoming lore reworks as i could, and i updated the map accordingly. Some more mistakes were fixed, and most importantly it now features puppet states! I think this is as final a draft as i can get it for now. So as not to be just an update post and nothing more, i also made a couple of post-WK2 scenarios, just generic ones but i put effort into them! (They're in spoilers at the bottom)

Edit: As it turns out, there's plenty of reworks i missed :) giving up for now, might try again when the lore is further along

Kaiserreich Quarter-BAM Dymaxion88 (v3).png

Zwielicht .png

Twilight War .png

Edit 2: If anyone's interested, here's a version with the new Russia:
Kaiserreich  (Updated).png

Last edited:

So, I decided to make a Venera map. It's pretty empty ngl. The big flag is where the capital is, the red line is the Orbital Ring, and the red dots are space elevator towers, Factories are well, factories, and the shields are Strongholds, basically they are huge fortifications meant to defend the planet in case of either an invasion, or orbital bombardment. I think I spent more time on the pixel animation and UI. I did some basic animations, that are sort of the main attraction.

The factories are all close together because Venera is still meant to be an Eden world of sorts, so people live in fancy arcologies reaching up to the skies, with huge continent-wide lush gardens for the aristocracy to mingle and chat in.

This application, Infoviewer, is probably accessible only to the high aristocracy, which means the Imperial Family, sector governors (who only get the version that has info for their sectors) and the High Admiral and his direct subordinates (you can't go into battle if you don't know your battlefield.) Even then, chats are encrypted so that all names and locations are blurred. The symbols as pfps is mostly for 1-to-1 chat, and they are kept. So for example, if you were to record it (as this image is meant to be sort of, sorta like looking at the screen through team viewer or sth) the names would show up as errors. That, and because I want to keep some secrecy for system names :3
I need something like this for my future TL. Want to help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.