Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
my eyes are strained and I'm sick of looking up norwegian sounding words, but this area of my big ass map is done
( or is it? vsauce music plays)

IiB6xHZ.png

Reposting my entry for the last MOTF here:

MOTF (1).png

The once powerful Empire of Angland [England] once cast out its sphere of influence throughout Europe, preying on small statelets in the aftermath of the calamitous Mankolean [*Mongol] Conquest of the Sanctified Frankish Empire. Eventually, the continentals pushed them out of most of their holdings, leaving them only with the Lavdlant [Low-Countries]. However, with time, new powers arose in the far East. A new wave of colonization from far across the sea swept over Europe. Angland survived only by humbling itself and serving as local enforcer of the will of the Kcolarige [Chola Dynasty]. Now the tide of Southern colonization has receded. The empires of Harat [India] have lost their colonies in the former Frankish Imperium, though these newly independent states are wracked with revolution, of particular concern is the theocratic "Army of the Seven Wheels of Fire" which has seized much of Frankcja and made inroads into Allehmangja. It has attracted support from Tianxia [China] of all countries, mainly on the basis that it provides a market for their swiftly modernizing economy to sell weapons too. The last colony an empire from Harat holds is in Eire, where religious strife has led to a nasty series of bombings as the East Eirish Republic demands independence.

Ok, this is a two-for-one "last colony", with Angland holding Lavdlant and the Kcolarige holding Western Eire. Not that either will probably be held for too much longer; if they will be given up is another question. This map draws a lot of inspiration from @B_Munro 's Hindu Modernity. Monsieur Munro, if this bothers you, just tell me and I will remove it forthwith.

Argentina immediately and unconditionally rescinds its claim to the Falklands. “We’ve found a better prize,” said their ambassador to the UK.

Eirinopolis.png

Aeropa, to spíti mou

The Empire of Aeropa, or Aeropa for short, is a large, multi-continental empire spanning the Balkan Peninsula, Anatolia, the Middle East, Arabia and parts of North Africa. Founded in 1851 following a revolution in the Ottoman Empire, the empire inheirted the Turkish territories, and then went on to embark on grand campaigns of conquest that brought them many lands. Currently, the empire is looking at the Italian and French colonies as expansion targets, and rumors talk about a join Russo-German coalition against them.

- Diercke Carl's Scholar Atlas, 1883 edition

I went ahead and redid an older map of mine, trying to mimic an 1883 german school atlas style. I'd say it look nice, save for the severe lack of cities. But alas, typing stuff in Photoshop is pain.

Here's my next feature map.
For general context on this project, go to www.atlasaltera.com or check out my DevianArt and my YouTube.

For a complimentary basic list of corresponding real / OTL languages I have added a list in the comments of this Reddit post of the easy to Google 3-letter code for each country. The letters are the OTL / real ISO-639-3 codes used to log languages.
View attachment 662769

If you want more / special access to the content behind this map, I have extensive background information/data for ethnobotany, general factbook, and linguistics associated with my project. You can access it on my Patreon. Here's a preview of part of the spreadsheet for the linguistics spreadsheet:
View attachment 662770

Am I seeing this map wrong or is there no Saho or Afar languages?

just a quick lil map of an alternate Jugoslavia breakup!

Ouch, poor Bosnia. Or at least poor Bosnian Muslims.

Trieste somewhat puzzles me, since it's been Italian since shortly after WWI. Did Yugoslavia get extra pelf from Italy after WWII in this TL? Tito certainly pushed for it OTL.

Finally got another one of these done. Sorry to those who are waiting for specific maps from me: I've been in a slump for some time and have trouble following through on projects. (Although I will note that I just have one more corner of Africa to fill in for one ape-related map.)

WanksMalaysiaTo.png

Last edited:
If Bengal wins its coming war(s) for a place in the sun against Madagascar and inherits enough of its empire then you may have your Big Bengal.

Here's my next feature map.
For general context on this project, go to www.atlasaltera.com or check out my DevianArt and my YouTube.

For a complimentary basic list of corresponding real / OTL languages I have added a list in the comments of this Reddit post of the easy to Google 3-letter code for each country. The letters are the OTL / real ISO-639-3 codes used to log languages.
View attachment 662769

If you want more / special access to the content behind this map, I have extensive background information/data for ethnobotany, general factbook, and linguistics associated with my project. You can access it on my Patreon. Here's a preview of part of the spreadsheet for the linguistics spreadsheet:
View attachment 662770

This map (and the whole world, really) are amazing, as always.

That being said, I'm kinda sad "Khoisan" languages don't make a bigger show. If your intention is to maximise the amount of diversity in the world, buffing the "Khoisan" would be a great way to do it, considering that what has historically been defined as such is actually five primary language families with amongst the most unique phonetic systems in the world.

I also feel a tiny-bit disappointed by the fact that the most ethnically diverse area of Russia iOTL is mostly under a big sea iATL. Doesn't take away from what is frankly a mind-boggingly amazing project, but still.

Antartica.png

Lore:

Around 20,000 Years Ago, for unkown reasons that still stumps scientists, The Antarctic deglaciation occurs, with most of Antarctica's ice caps fleeing to the South Pole, making it. By 10,000 years ago, Humans from Patagonia (Mainly the Fuegian) would sail and settle to the continent. Civilizations (mainly city-states) would soon be established (mainly in Plamerland) in 1300, the Maori would begin to sail down from Aotearoa (New Zealand) would begin to settle in Eastern Antarctica, and would see conflict between them and the Fuegian as well as intermarrying. In 1588, The Spanish would discover Antarctica, and in 1609, Julian Vallad and 25 other men would launch an expedition and create the fort of Sevillia. Eventually the Spanish and later the British would begin to create forts along the coast. Spain would soon establish the port of Cape Graham in 1732. In the 7 Years War, Britain would capture Cape Graham and would be ceded to Spain. Britain and France would soon begin to colonize the Eastern part of Antarctica. By 1800, 90% of the Antarctic native population would have died out thanks to disease. By the mid-1800s, France, Spain, Britain, Russia, Prussia, the Netherlands, and Sweden-Norway would all establish colonies on Antarctica, at the expense of the natives who were forced to be pushed back or be killed off in wars. By 1880, the powers agree on a border, and would their colonial possessions have a population boom as People across the world would settle onto the regions. By 1914, the continent remains tense and the European powers would prepare for war.
(BTW I'm gonna make another map for Antarctica in the 21st century and it seeing the colony independence.)

Last edited:
View attachment 663492

Lore:

Around 20,000 Years Ago, for unkown reasons that still stumps scientists, The Antarctic deglaciation occurs, with most of Antarctica's ice caps fleeing to the South Pole, making it. By 10,000 years ago, Humans from Patagonia (Mainly the Fuegian) would sail and settle to the continent. Civilizations (mainly city-states) would soon be established (mainly in Plamerland) in 1300, the Maori would begin to sail down from Aotearoa (New Zealand) would begin to settle in Eastern Antarctica, and would see conflict between them and the Fuegian as well as intermarrying. In 1588, The Spanish would discover Antarctica, and in 1609, Julian Vallad and 25 other men would launch an expedition and create the fort of Sevillia. Eventually the Spanish and later the British would begin to create forts along the coast. Spain would soon establish the port of Cape Graham in 1732. In the 7 Years War, Britain would capture Cape Graham and would be ceded to Spain. Britain and France would soon begin to colonize the Eastern part of Antarctica. By the mid-1800s, France, Spain, Britain, Russia, Prussia, the Netherlands, and Sweden-Norway would all establish colonies on Antarctica, at the expense of the natives who were forced to be pushed back or be killed off in wars. By 1880, the powers agree on a border, and would their colonial possessions have a population boom as People across the world would settle onto the regions. By 1914, the continent remains tense and the European powers would prepare for war.
(BTW I'm gonna make another map for Antarctica in the 21st century and it seeing the colony independnce.)
I absolutely adore settled Antarcticas this is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.