Map Thread XX

1613095143157.png

While disease ravages Europe, a golden age spreads throughout Elysium. By the year 1000 AD horses had drastically changed life for nearly all tribes, But it would be the spread of advanced agriculture and metal working that allowed powerful central authority and sedentary lifestyle to begin to take shape. Norse and Remean tradesmen and adventurers explore the Ohnawiokan River, the Magna Archipelagus (OOC: Caribbean), and Mexica. Rumors of a land of gold pique the interest of many as many hundreds set out to find what they called the golden city of Dīs Pater.

The Tulan empire becomes the first outside of Reme to begin working with steel after seeing the might of steel weapons. They were particularly ready, as copper had been used for several hundred years. The Ohnawiokans would be next to develop steel in 1095, and rapidly to others soon after.

By 1125 metal working and latin Irrigation and farming techniques are limited to North Elysium, but in the south several empires stand poised to make the leap to becoming powerful and modern empires in their own right.

The Remean empire remains by far the dominant force on the continent, but right at their borders powerful civilizations begin to develop, poised to threaten their hegemony.

Beautiful map, but one question: were the Navajo or Apache moved to OTL Utah/Nevada? Because the Dinetah depicted here was the traditional lands of the Paiute, Ute, and Utah.
The Apaches and Navajo stay put. I must’ve misremembered the extent of Dinetah. I’ll find a new name for it.

The Apaches and Navajo stay put. I must’ve misremembered the extent of Dinetah. I’ll find a new name for it.

Utah or Pah-Ute, or even Goshute, could work.

I'd swap Rio Grande for New Mexico and New Mexico for Dinetah since you've got the Rio Grande boundary, but that's me. I started reading your TL today, nice job.

View attachment 623790
Final iteration, I promise
cleaned up Polish border DMZ, fixed bulgarian/romanian border, added free state of hamburg (germany's economy is fuck'ed)
If you do, by chance, do yet another iteration, I suggest giving back Hamburg (they lost it after some reorganizations IOTL) some land on the coast, like how Bremen these days has a little land there. It would make it being an independent sort of state much easier. Or at least for being a shipping hub. Hamburg might find itself in a bad position ere though, if the German economy is in tank. Less stuff to import, while the Germans might focus imports and exports through Bremen. Unless the French and British leveled it and Bremerhaven during the war and they never had the money to rebuild it. You also accidentally gave Sweden the Åland Islands and may want to recollect the purple and light red you have on the Estonian Islands. Do you plan on any sequels of future write-ups? It would be interesting to see the government situation in Czechoslovakia and how Germans, Slovaks, and Czecks interact inside of it, as well as how the Romanians, Hungarians, Poles, Czechoslovaks, etc act with each other internationally.

Utah or Pah-Ute, or even Goshute, could work.

I'd swap Rio Grande for New Mexico and New Mexico for Dinetah since you've got the Rio Grande boundary, but that's me. I started reading your TL today, nice job.
I like Goshute, or I might also go with Uinta or Wasatch, after the mountain ranges.

A small map I made some years ago on a notebook and later digitalized into an editable version:
1613142377495.png

and here's the original version:
The_Map_of_the_Brandwick_Empire.jpg

most of the maps on here would, honestly
I actually have a map of an alternative Middle East I made for a FATE Spirit of the Century game; I should polish it up and post it. It even has airships...that make sense! (They're for moving heavy loads over terrain that's very hard to build rail or roads through).

I actually have a map of an alternative Middle East I made for a FATE Spirit of the Century game; I should polish it up and post it. It even has airships...that make sense! (They're for moving heavy loads over terrain that's very hard to build rail or roads through).
"all alternate universes have airships"
- Tom Scott

This is the most hilarious Greek-screw if I have ever seen one. Slavic Macedonia? Bulgarian Thrace? Cyprus that is not Greek? That's pretty sad :cryingface: