Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ironically, you might be able to get a Sizzi-wank by wanking not Fascism or Nazism, but Gandhi.

Maybe, London listens to him early on in his career, when he espoused the belief that all Indo-European peoples, from Delhi to London, were equal to each other and superior to everyone else; Great Britain and India become equals in the Empire, and Mussolini joins the Allies, leading to the survival of Fascism (but not Nazism) as a viable ideology.

Even though India and the United Kingdom keep their dual monarchy, they have to let go of most of the colonies due to financial concerns; most other European countries do the same, but the flame of pan-Indo-Europeanism lit by Gandhi allows for the birth of an Indo-European Community that runs from Portugal to India, and includes other major countries, such as an Iran that never falls to the Shi'a clergy.

This European Community on steroids is as staunchly anti-Communist as the USA during the Cold War, especially since people like Mussolini, Franco and Salazar are in it, and is therefore quite conservative; Indo-European studies progress by leaps and bounds due to the cooperation of half of Eurasia and, with the Christian and Islamic clergy alike being subject to an endless stream of scandals, the surviving pre-Abrahamic religions of the Indo-European world gain quite a few converts (think the West's fascination with Buddhism and New Age), as well as other, revived neo-Pagan faiths.

By the present day, the Indo-European Union encompasses most of Eurasia (the Soviet Union having fallen a few decades ahead of schedule), and it's home to a motley crew of neo-Fascist states tracing their heritage to Evola and Gandhi alike; Christianity and Islam are still dominant in their home turf by far, but conversion to one ethnic religion or the other is not uncommon, especially among peoples, like the Kurds, that want to prove a point (in their case, "fuck Turkey").
Dude, I love this (un the sense that I love the TL idea, obviously this is an horrifying dystopia, just to be clear)

A Canton of Ossola, even? Based. :p

The Valsesia might do, too - since they have/had a very small independence movement.

Another independence movement wanted Switzerland to annex the whole of western Lombardy, too.
It reminds me of an article in the Swiss press which explained that the Veneto, Provence and Baden-Württemberg were in favor of Swiss annexation.
Or an article in the Swiss press that explained how the Swiss armies could invade France, using highways, forcibly taking French nuclear sites and finally marching through Paris in less than a day. 😂
I found the link in addition! Well it's in french but you can translate it. 😉

It reminds me of an article in the Swiss press which explained that the Veneto, Provence and Baden-Württemberg were in favor of Swiss annexation.
Or an article in the Swiss press that explained how the Swiss armies could invade France, using highways, forcibly taking French nuclear sites and finally marching through Paris in less than a day. 😂
Or the old joke about the Italians declaring war to Switzerland, only to surrender at the first retaliation and say "OK, you conquered us"

When France annexed Savoy and Nice (in 1860), there was serious discussion of Savoy joining Switzerland instead. Apparently the Savoyards were pretty in favor of it, but the Swiss weren't interested.

When France annexed Savoy and Nice (in 1860), there was serious discussion of Savoy joining Switzerland instead. Apparently the Savoyards were pretty in favor of it, but the Swiss weren't interested.
A Switzerland going from Savoy to Vorarlberg would've been one hell of a blast. :p

Crossposting from MotF: 228
sXxHM3L.png

1606950049356.png

The collapse of Banbury Britain is one of intrigued, born after the German invasion of the UK, when Lord Halifax was removed by Parliament as Prime Minister and replaced by WWI Prime Minister David Lloyd George, with Halifax having only replaced Churchill who had been running the country since before WWI, and had now ran away to Canada with the remains of the British navy and most of the Royal Family creating a Free Britain. In swift succession the Commonwealth of Great Britain was created, North Ireland being occupied by Germany along with the Republic of Ireland, still a constitutional monarchy under the Lord Protector of Oswald Mosley, the monarchy absent as it was none other than King George VI himself leading the resistance in southern England. Most active resistance at first was solely in southern England made up of the remains of the home guard which included such famous WWI vets as CS Lewis and JRR Tolkien. Banbury Britain would come to an end in 1943, during this time Mosley had turned the ruling BUF from a British nationalist party in a fascist style like Italy to an English nationalist party more in line with the Nazi Party. This coincided with policies that targeted Celtic culture in Wales and Scotland, though small resistance movements already existed such as Wallace's Boys in the Scottish Highlands, but those numbers grew after these policies. It's collapse would start in 1943 when Nazi soldiers attacked a resistance cell that King George VI was in, killing him. The outcome saw an even bigger uptick of resistance violence with the largest being a six week uprising in London helped in part by Allied bombers, it would ultimately fail though. Lord Halifax would be executed shortly after as he turned out to be a resistance member that aided the London uprisers. The leaders of Banbury Britain would meet in the German military command in Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire. Where the topic of new monarch was brought up, George and others supported the recognition of Queen Elizabeth II despite her not being of age yet and on the Allies side, the Mosleyites and Nazis would instead put forward Charles Edward Duke of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha as monarch. This outraged George to a great degree. On the next day at Blenheim Palace where the Duke was now present and discussions of an act of parliament recognizing him as monarch and coranation, George activated a device in his wheel chair that detonated pounds of explosives in it, destroying a chunk of Churchill's home and the leadership of Banbury Britain. The whole puppet state would collapse as more resistance groups began attacking, resulting in Germany having to move into the whole island to occupy, straining their already streched armed forces. Britain would know freedom again in Spring of 1944 when allied forces landed in Northern Scotland to begin their liberation of Britain.

Something I threw together this week!
(Blatant double post from the Shared Worlds game Power to the Many: An Anglo-American Election Game)

The Columbian War
Welcome to the world in 1777; in North America a war rages between Britain and the Kingdom of Columbia, an American state made up of the 12 colonies that declared independence on July 1st 1776 from Great Britain as a Constitutional Monarchy. The Columbian War, unlike OTL, is not an ordinary war - it is a war based on liberty, and one where that very liberty is under threat of being extinguished. The British Government, under Viscount Chastleton, through a 'southern strategy' has successfully isolated much of the Columbian Army (the Columbian Legion) in New England where they are rapidly losing ground to General Greene of the British Army, despite the best efforts of Preator Willard and the Legates of the Columbian Army Colleges. With Britain seemingly holding Columbia in 'check' on the chess board, who will triumph?

Seriously tho, this was probably the largest map based project I ever made, so I hope you enjoy! For the full lore, follow the link above to find the thread in Shared Worlds and read the updates!

Last edited:
Fascism was not ethnoracial, in fact its economical program was very similar to what today we consider as a left party in Europe, or even the EU directives.

Recognize that there is an "and" in my post. I did not say "ethno-racial supremacist fascism" I said "ethno-racial supremacism and fascism".
Your argument is invalid.

Something I threw together this week!
(Blatant double post from the Shared Worlds game Power to the Many: An Anglo-American Election Game)

The Columbian War
Welcome to the world in 1777; in North America a war rages between Britain and the Kingdom of Columbia, an American state made up of the 12 colonies that declared independence on July 1st 1776 from Great Britain as a Constitutional Monarchy. The Columbian War, unlike OTL, is not an ordinary war - it is a war based on liberty, and one where that very liberty is under threat of being extinguished. The British Government, under Viscount Chastleton, through a 'southern strategy' has successfully isolated much of the Columbian Army (the Columbian Legion) in New England where they are rapidly losing ground to General Greene of the British Army, despite the best efforts of Preator Willard and the Legates of the Columbian Army Colleges. With Britain seemingly holding Columbia in 'check' on the chess board, who will triumph?

Seriously tho, this was probably the largest map based project I ever made, so I hope you enjoy! For the full lore, follow the link above to find the thread in Shared Worlds and read the updates!

This is excellent. A decade ago, AH.com maps were all (mainly) done in MS Paint and now we've got moving bloody pictures!

I said to myself "I don't really have time to watch a 7 minute video" and then ended up putting it on half speed so that I had enough time to watch the map changes and read the updates in the bottom right. Very well done. I found it a shame that we never found out who won!

Northstar

P.S. I think you mentioned Kentucky in the updates but couldn't see that on the map. I could be mistaken though?

P.S. I think you mentioned Kentucky in the updates but couldn't see that on the map. I could be mistaken though?
Kentucky in this timeline was pretty much the same until the revolution began in earnest - thus Kentucky County existed within Virginia and settlement had begun there, however more uniquely in this timeline the Government decided it's best way to finance the loans it needed to fight the war was by valuing the loans on the Indian lands of the south. In doing this the son of a man named Gideon, Sampson Eardley, paid significant loans to the Government, which has the butterfly effect of meaning if Britain wins the war, much of Kentucky's land will be essentially owned by a company headed by the weathiest man in Britain, who also happens to be Jewish (even though he pretends to be Anglican). Thus, we have inadvertently opened the door for a possible significant Jewish diaspora in Kentucky.

As for the end of the war, I'll update it as the war goes on - atm it looks as though it may end this 'turn' in 1778 but we'll see.

Last edited:
Fascism was not ethnoracial, in fact its economical program was very similar to what today we consider as a left party in Europe, or even the EU directives.
I don't think that could be further from the truth, fascist governments powered their economies through mass privatization and plunder.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Oh, please DO expand on how Fascism is just like the EU.

I'll even give you a one off for current politics outside of Chat for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.