Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps I have already published an equivalent version on the same subject in Map Thread XIX, but I represent to you a map with British Sister Republics under the French Revolution. In my opinion, it may be different from the previous one I proposed.
View attachment 591229
Since it's under the French Revolution, everything is in French.
This time, I tackled the Sister Republics in Germany and had little in Central Europe:
View attachment 591512
I've tried my best to implement these two in a single Q-BAM map:
sisters.png

Edit: the Illyrian provinces should be part of France.

Last edited:
Like Silesia and Pomeranian. Plus from the looks of it, Poland is landlocked.

Silesia was Bohemian since 13th century until annexation by Prussia and had German majority until 1945. Pomerania was also German from 13th Century to 1945.

It makes little sense to give them to Poland in 1800s.

West Prussia could have been given to Poland however.
Also lots of countries are landlocked. Poland should not get to have special coastline privileges.

Last edited:
A "continuation" of my recent climate map of Atlantys, here is the climate map of an existing "Lemuria" (Kerguelen Plateau) with a blatant show of my personal bias for island chains. Sorry if the climate and rivers of the bits of Africa shown are wrong, I tried my best but I still think its somewhat wonky (same if the climates in the fictional landmass itself are wrong, although they seem reasonable to me)

(On the attachments there are two maps of "Lemuria", one with only rivers and the elevations from the original map and the other mostly just with the elevations. And a rough map of the alternate currents for the continent, which I imagine would make the southern tip of "Lemuria" probably just as wild/dangerous (if not even more) than the Drake Passage)

1603031588959.png

As on the last one, the key is Köppen's climate classification

Attachments

• 1603031663260.png
    1603031663260.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 243
  • 1603031681334.png
    1603031681334.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 280
  • 1603031723459.png
    1603031723459.png
    249 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
Following the one above (was inspired today), a much smaller one showing all those elevations to the southwest of Java (were the Keeling Islands are), as on the above, here's a topographic and climatic map (much easier to do this time to be sincere)

1603035375251.png
1603035400035.png

Cross posted from the latest MotF.
KTyLtO8.png

In 2276, the Presidency does not matter. All power is held by the Speaker of the House, the CIA Director (hereditary), and the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court (with 144 Justices). The Presidency is a purely ceremonial role, akin to a king or queen in a Constitutional Monarchy. Presidents give some (mostly apolitical) speeches and entertain foreign dignitaries at the White Dome, the executive mansion.

The American electorate decided that the incumbent Vice President, Victoria X Jackson, had taken her role too seriously. The people, knowing the presidency to be a joke, wanted a president who also knew the presidency was a joke. When two (former?) male strippers ran, they cornered the women’s vote, and got enough men on board with their immature antics to pull an upset over their rivals.

These were chaotic and dangerous times, with the Ongoing Evacuation, domestic discord and protests, and tensions with the Polish Ascendancy and their client state, the Greater American Union. The people of the United States of America didn’t want an active, political presidency.

And they didn’t get one with the Aquino/Bhandarkar Administration. Instead of doing anything serious or political, they held traveling parties and festivals across the United States. They held singing contests for charity to raise money for the Evacuation. They challenged the Ascendant of the Polish Ascendancy to a dance-off (which quickly devolved into a rap battle). Nothing was serious, but everything they did made the American people feel better, and improved relations with their neighbors.

Reed Aquino went down in the history books as the most successful president in two centuries.

KTyLtO8.png

In 2276, the Presidency does not matter. All power is held by the Speaker of the House, the CIA Director (hereditary), and the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court (with 144 Justices). The Presidency is a purely ceremonial role, akin to a king or queen in a Constitutional Monarchy. Presidents give some (mostly apolitical) speeches and entertain foreign dignitaries at the White Dome, the executive mansion.

The American electorate decided that the incumbent Vice President, Victoria X Jackson, had taken her role too seriously. The people, knowing the presidency to be a joke, wanted a president who also knew the presidency was a joke. When two (former?) male strippers ran, they cornered the women’s vote, and got enough men on board with their immature antics to pull an upset over their rivals.

These were chaotic and dangerous times, with the Ongoing Evacuation, domestic discord and protests, and tensions with the Polish Ascendancy and their client state, the Greater American Union. The people of the United States of America didn’t want an active, political presidency.

And they didn’t get one with the Aquino/Bhandarkar Administration. Instead of doing anything serious or political, they held traveling parties and festivals across the United States. They held singing contests for charity to raise money for the Evacuation. They challenged the Ascendant of the Polish Ascendancy to a dance-off (which quickly devolved into a rap battle). Nothing was serious, but everything they did made the American people feel better, and improved relations with their neighbors.

Reed Aquino went down in the history books as the most successful president in two centuries.

What in the ever-loving-heck is this?

KTyLtO8.png

God, I still can't believe how many people vote for the Gender Reveal Party. Are they not aware that even though the Dyson swarm is being sold as "an end to energy scarcity system-wide", the Revealers clearly intend to use it to power a vast post-human mass of self-replicating constructs in order to reach the Godhead? Anyone who isn't a Reformed Evangelist is going to, at best, have their captured mind-vector placed in an eternal hell - and I shudder to consider the fate awaiting members of the Rereformed churches.

God, I still can't believe how many people vote for the Gender Reveal Party. Are they not aware that even though the Dyson swarm is being sold as "an end to energy scarcity system-wide", the Revealers clearly intend to use it to power a vast post-human mass of self-replicating constructs in order to reach the Godhead? Anyone who isn't a Reformed Evangelist is going to, at best, have their captured mind-vector placed in an eternal hell - and I shudder to consider the fate awaiting members of the Rereformed churches.
Better than being a violent Sweet 16 Party jingoist! And if we elect Jackson, she's just going to take all her orders from the Space Pope. We'll all be worshipping Her Holiness if Jackson gets her way! Just don't vote for those Bachelorette Party weirdos. That's just throwing your vote away.
(I'm glad you understood exactly how absurd I meant for my map to be taken. Kudos to you!)

Status
Not open for further replies.