Map Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
0DB947i.png

To speed things along, here's a very old map I found in the annals of my computer. It was just titled "Dieselpunk World," and from what I can make out, it's just what it says on the tin, with some Axis Victory tropes worked in. Not very good, but, then again, it's probably two years old at this point, so that's understandable.

Last edited:
USRCDNA.png

Alright saying goodbye to this thread with this thing that popped into my mind. The idea is that States are basically OTL states, the Districts are like OTL DC and Territories with a non-voting representative in the Senate but with less taxes than States, Republics have more freedom and their own militaries also their own party/election/etc systems but with only a single senator each, Nations have less taxes and more self government but basically no representation in Senate, Commonwealths have less regulations with normal representation and their own political system like Republics. They lack the tax exemption.

View attachment 469629
Alright saying goodbye to this thread with this thing that popped into my mind. The idea is that States are basically OTL states, the Districts are like OTL DC and Territories with a non-voting representative in the Senate but with less taxes than States, Republics have more freedom and their own militaries also their own party/election/etc systems but with only a single senator each, Nations have less taxes and more self government but basically no representation in Senate, Commonwealths have less regulations with normal representation and their own political system like Republics. They lack the tax exemption.

Now that I recounted there may be more states. I might try recounting it properly tomorrow.

BF252388-7FA0-4B6F-8353-B2D8CF255139.png

Not a map, but in the interest of reaching page 500: here’s a little title card I made for a series of maps I wanted to make in a timeline where the Byzantines still suffer a defeat at Manzikert but the resulting political instability isn’t quite so crippling and the Byzantines are able to recover without losing all of Anatolia to the Rûm Sultanate.

View attachment 469658
Not a map, but in the interest of reaching page 500: here’s a little title card I made for a series of maps I wanted to make in a timeline where the Byzantines still suffer a defeat at Manzikert but the resulting political instability isn’t quite so crippling and the Byzantines are able to recover without losing all of Anatolia to the Rûm Sultanate.
This is a map thread, so I recommend posting that in the Graphic Thread.

This is a map thread, so I recommend posting that in the Graphic Thread.

Yeah I know, but at this point everyone is just trying to close up the thread so it gets locked and we move on to Map Thread XIX, and considered we only have room for another 4 posts on this page before it’s locked, I figured there’s no harm in it.

Yeah I know, but at this point everyone is just trying to close up the thread so it gets locked and we move on to Map Thread XIX, and considered we only have room for another 4 posts on this page before it’s locked, I figured there’s no harm in it.
nitpick: this page actually has room for another 11 posts on it.

Fair point.

One of the simpler of my various WIPS, quickly rushed to completion for the map thread ending and inspired by an ooold map: the old Ah.com "X many countries" meme.

Seventeen.png

One of the simpler of my various WIPS, quickly rushed to completion for the map thread ending and inspired by an ooold map: the old Ah.com "X many countries" meme.

View attachment 469695
What’s the “X many countries” meme? I remember that one Wikibox scenario where there was an “X in Canada” thing, so is it just wanks? And where does the “X” part of the name come from?

What’s the “X many countries” meme? I remember that one Wikibox scenario where there was an “X in Canada” thing, so is it just wanks? And where does the “X” part of the name come from?

X stands for a number, any number: make a world divided into a small (or at least smaller) number of countries. We had one of those as a map contest not that long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.