Map Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
A map I threw together over a weekend a while back but never published. It's OTL, but I'm considering using it in a Gaelic or early Scottish independence or autonomy TL if I ever get round to it. (Red line = majority Gaelic area to the east)

Exceedingly cool, but was there ever much of a sense of the Gaelic-speaking Scotlanders as a fundamentally separate nation from those who spoke Scots (Bobbie Burns-speak)?

KapiTod

Banned
Exceedingly cool, but was there ever much of a sense of the Gaelic-speaking Scotlanders as a fundamentally separate nation from those who spoke Scots (Bobbie Burns-speak)?
Not after the 17th century no.

The Clan system got broken up and integrated into the British nobility once it became obvious that they were going to keep supporting Jacobins.

Nah, Gaelic culture was intertwined with Lowland Scot culture and nationality. Distinctly Highland things such as culture, clans, tartan, and Gaelic schools were heavily suppressed by both the government and landlords since the union and especially since the Jacobite Rebellions as KapiTod said :)

Gian

Banned
At least the Gulf Coast is done (now on to the Hudson Bay and then to the Bahamas):
56qvRQj.png

For anyone who likes dystopian fics I am planning an alternative history Cold War map series. The Cold War will be between two superpowers which share opposing ideologies. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks! :)

Yes, I think it is beautiful too.

You do take the quirky old-fashioned "this map goes outside its frame" concept to a completely new level. I'm truly impressed by that, but I can't decide if I'm impressed in wonder or horror. (Both?)

The whole "nations breaking the frame" took a shit-ton of time to get right, so I'm glad you like it :) Besides, I don't think my maps ever instilled horror in anyone before, but thanks!

A map I threw together over a weekend a while back but never published. It's OTL, but I'm considering using it in a Gaelic or early Scottish independence or autonomy TL if I ever get round to it. (Red line = majority Gaelic area to the east)

Very nice!

I have a better Idea: totalitarian and nationalist United States of America vs Social democratic and conservative China but I will add fascist France and capitalist Brazil to the American side and communist India to the chinese side

The UK can become china’s Vietnam but then the UK defeats the communists and Ireland is invaded by uk and becomes a chinese ally which may cause the Irish missile crisis but Ireland fails to take ulster.

The UK can become china’s Vietnam but then the UK defeats the communists and Ireland is invaded by uk and becomes a chinese ally which may cause the Irish missile crisis but Ireland fails to take ulster.
Though these actions result in the U.K. being rendered significantly less stable in comparison to other European nations.
Also it probably wouldn't hurt to start a thread for planning out ideas so as to avoid clogging up the Map Thread.

Though these actions result in the U.K. being rendered significantly less stable in comparison to other European nations.
Also it probably wouldn't hurt to start a thread for planning out ideas so as to avoid clogging up the Map Thread.
Thank you very much! The UK could be a French satellite state as well as being totalitarian

Status
Not open for further replies.