Map Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much! But yeah I understand lol but the "Great" label gets stuck on a lot of natural landmarks so I went with it. :p

I do wonder how many English speaking USians are going to call it the "Gran Lago lake?" Here in New Mexico we have trouble with tourists referring to the local water feature as the "Rio Grande river."

This is the flagship map for my California timeline, where a massive lake in Southern California doesn't dry up and sticks around to the modern day (with some help
California, officially the Republic of California (Spanish: Republica de California), is a state in the Pacific Region of the United States. It’s capital and cultural center is San Gabriel on the shores of the Gran Lago, while its largest city is Los Angeles and the surrounding metropolitan area. The state is bordered by Eureka to the north, Arizona to the east, the Mexican state of Sonora to the southeast, the Pacific Ocean to the west, and the Gulf of California to the east of the Baja California Peninsula. It is the eighth largest state by area and the fifth most populous U.S. state. It has an estimated population of 16,587,961 in 2018 and a total area of 114,326 square miles. Due to the geographic breath of the state, north and west-central California has a mild Mediterranean climate while south and east central California has a hot, arid desert climate.

You can find the thread for my timeline here.
Why have them have the stars on the flag in that way? When they made the flag did they consider themselves as only having two thirds of the Californias?

@Ivoshafen looks like you made a South Wank in a way. Six fewer Senators for the North.

Why have them have the stars on the flag in that way? When they made the flag did they consider themselves as only having two thirds of the Californias?
I'm glad you noticed that lol. I'm going to cover the details of the Californian flag in a future post on the TL thread. If you want to see it when I post it, you can find the thread here. But yes you got the right idea.

I do wonder how many English speaking USians are going to call it the "Gran Lago lake?" Here in New Mexico we have trouble with tourists referring to the local water feature as the "Rio Grande river."

Yep the gringo tourists would lol.

7rH8wFD.png

Another map of the same sort as the Schleswig-Holstein one - just me taking parts of a bigger project and quickly turning it into its own small thing.

This time I made something less serious.

7rH8wFD.png

Another map of the same sort as the Schleswig-Holstein one - just me taking parts of a bigger project and quickly turning it into its own small thing.

Lovely, and the Föderationsliga (or maybe Reichsliga?) could be quite strong. Borussia Mönchengladbach, 1. FSV Mainz 05, Racing Straßbourg, 1. FC Köln, and some great clubs of times gone by like 1. FC Kaiserslautern or Borussia Neunkirchen! Or FC 08 Homburg!

That part of China has solid AH potential. :)

Just out of curiosity,who are the divinities (I guess?) in the picture? I'm already calling the guy in the front left the God of Ax Crazies. :biggrin:

The boy in front on fire wheels is Nezha, while the woman at the foreground, I suspect, is Bodhisattva Guanyin (Chinese folklore integrated a lot of Buddhist elements). Other than that, no idea who the men are.

They're not going to at least call in "the Confederation of the Rhine" or something? Lotharingia? Calling it "The Buffer" is pretty hardcore.

That part of China has solid AH potential. :)

Just out of curiosity,who are the divinities (I guess?) in the picture? I'm already calling the guy in the front left the God of Ax Crazies. :biggrin:
Remitonov is right in spotting Nazha, but the lady at the centre of the painting would be Taoist Goddess Mazu, not the Bhoddivista. Mazu is your typical God of the sea, and is the patron of fishermen. That means she's most worshipped in maritime areas like Hokkien and especially Taiwan. IIRC the Mayor of Kaohsiung or some other Taiwanese political figure said that he was told to run for President by Mazu herself, so that should give you a pretty good idea of how important Mazu would be in a more maritime China.

3dyx8qh.png

Here's a thicc Maryland. We conquered the whole Chesapeake Bay watershed (because those idiot New Yorkers and Pennsylvanians were polluting the rivers that drain into the bay!) and figured, why stop there?

Thank you very much! But yeah I understand lol but the "Great" label gets stuck on a lot of natural landmarks so I went with it. :p
It's a Californian lake. In English it would be called "Totally Tubular Lake"; in Spanish it would be called "Lago Putista"

Status
Not open for further replies.