Map Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
CHINA21L.png

CHINA22L.png
CHINA23L.png

Rise of the Qing Dynasty

@eustress used GProjector to make this one for me.
Thanks, I’ll check it out.
And yeah, Europe is smaller than Antarctica while New Zealand, even with ice age sea levels, would be a lot smaller than Greebland (the bulk of Zealandia is way deeper than 150m underwater currently). So yeah it would also be somewhat warmer and wetter than otl, just not nearly as extreme as Seapole.
I do wonder how one wold go about rotating the earth around like this.
You couldn’t just turn it around physically as in Universe Sandbox 2 because they would mess up the rotation by making it like Uranus, so you’d need to spin the earth around without changing the general momentum of rotation.
Which scenario seemed most interesting in your opinion?

So I'm somewhat likely to do some funky East Germany border stuff, but here's another one I thought of:

SDS42GO.png

We have the NATO-aligned Federal Republic of Germany and then the Warsaw Pact-aligned German People's Republic and the South German Democratic Republic. I guess you could say it's kind of a German wank, but in a weird sense

I decided to take this a step further into insanity/ATL Warsaw Pact with the following:

DmEIwJi.png

I'm thinking what we have here is no less than Hitler dies '44/Different Soviet Leader/Hungary switches sides earlier - we have a situation where Poland gets to keep Eastern Galicia (probably with some population exchange with USSR - there was already a Polish minority in Eastern Galicia so they get any Russian Poles + East German Polish minority) and Romania gets to keep most of Bessarabia.

I would imagine, in this world, the Soviet influence/occupation is a little more pronounced and obvious - lest their bigger and more powerful clients get any ideas. I would also guess that Yugoslavia is probably in NATO's sphere of influence, whether in this early stage or potentially later

A WIP from me today, specifically of a map of Arda in the 1500th year of the Third Age that I'm creating as part of a worldbuilding project that might hopefully become an NG on here.
2lbzgk.png

So I'm guessing no opportunistic Duke or governor-general was able to make Spanish Cuba or Puerto Rico his own personal kingdom during the crisis.

I originally wanted to but I decided that there isn't a ton of land that wouldn't be unfeasible to defend. Perhaps that little upper chunk of the Cuban Republic was originally a kingdom, but it was conquered by the Republic.

hopefully high res.png

SOVIET WANK so quick synopsis is that 1-the usa, Britain, and france cooperated with each other a lot less, and Britain and france kept a tighter hold on their territories (which led to the ongoing indian civil war) 2- soviets were looking to gain more land by Yalta, whether that's from being more prepared for Barbarossa or just more german incompetence idk, 3-the US joins the war much later and because attacks the soviets, which as you can see went not good, 4-the PRC is more of a soviet puppet state, whether because mao died way early and a more soviet aligned leader replaced him or because the soviets had more involvement from the beginning, 5- The Soviets had a much more aggressive foreign policy. KEY: Red-the USSR, Redish purple-Soviet Satellite States, Pink-soviet aligned independent countries, Dark purple-UK or UK colonies/occupied territory, Dark Blue- France or French colonies/occupied territory, Medium blue- The USA, Light blue-USA aligned independent countries, Orange- Falangist/traditionalist fascist countries, Dark grey- Fascist countries, Light grey-Non-aligned countries.

I decided to take this a step further into insanity/ATL Warsaw Pact with the following:

DmEIwJi.png

I'm thinking what we have here is no less than Hitler dies '44/Different Soviet Leader/Hungary switches sides earlier - we have a situation where Poland gets to keep Eastern Galicia (probably with some population exchange with USSR - there was already a Polish minority in Eastern Galicia so they get any Russian Poles + East German Polish minority) and Romania gets to keep most of Bessarabia.

I would imagine, in this world, the Soviet influence/occupation is a little more pronounced and obvious - lest their bigger and more powerful clients get any ideas. I would also guess that Yugoslavia is probably in NATO's sphere of influence, whether in this early stage or potentially later
the soviet Romanian/polish borders make me actually nauseous

CHINA27L.png

Xinhai Revolution (1911)
CHINA28L.png

Republic of China at its founding (1912)

I will probably get a lot wrong in the next few maps, but i'm sure there are people who can correct me.

Status
Not open for further replies.