Map Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
n77ndgT.png
yes the flag is ugly on purpose
Oh hi, I live in Williston. I approve of the state of Jefferson.

CannedTech

Banned
So hey, I know I gotta lot of projects to work on, but this sorta started out as an idea for a long-term project and it eventually spiraled out a bit over a little bit.

So basically I've had a long-term project in the planning stages to combine every nation that's been in this site's various ISOT games into one map timeline (with various things added on from unused ideas and discussion for flavor), and the map for that is rather obscenely complicated and large on its own naturally. One of the most recent map games, AKISOT 3, had a lot of discussion about the dimensional zones that were present in-game, which gave me a bit of an idea to map out the dimensional spaces for said project.

So yeah, this is the map of Dimensional Space around Tiamat (the huge mega-Earth that all the various jumbo from the map games gets teleported to), sometime during the meat of the timeline when the UN and SCP Foundation are plumbing the depths as they were. I'm probably going to end up coming back to this in order to change things, as the actual timeline is very much a WIP and I may well have to add a few things (especially as more ISOT games happen).

(there's some specific Shared Worlds references in here btw)

Untitled.png

Last edited:

ST15RM

Banned
So hey, I know I gotta lot of projects to work on, but this sorta started out as an idea for a long-term project and it eventually spiraled out a bit over a little bit.

So basically I've had a long-term project in the planning stages to combine every nation that's been in this site's various ISOT games into one map timeline (with various things added on from unused ideas and discussion for flavor), and the map for that is rather obscenely complicated and large on its own naturally. One of the most recent map games, AKISOT 3, had a lot of discussion about the dimensional zones that were present in-game, which gave me a bit of an idea to map out the dimensional spaces for said project.

So yeah, this is the map of Dimensional Space around Tiamat (the huge mega-Earth that all the various jumbo from the map games gets teleported to), sometime during the meat of the timeline when the UN and SCP Foundation are plumbing the depths as they were. I'm probably going to end up coming back to this in order to change things, as the actual timeline is very much a WIP and I may well have to add a few things (especially as more ISOT games happen).

View attachment 440265
mind-blown-meme-gif-4-300x200.gif

View attachment 440265

You really got a ton of stuff here. (Superheroes/Cape, Doctor Who/Time Lords, Kirby, a few Stephen King, Fourth World/New Gods, Monster Mash, Star vs, Lovecraft, Elder Scrolls, King Arthur, David Bowie, Nazis, WoW, several more Myths, RuneScape, No Man' Sky?.)

This is VERY fun to look at, and any more you add. (SW, ST, ME, Overwatch.)

CannedTech

Banned
I'm in fucking awe tbh

:biggrin:

You really got a ton of stuff here. (Superheroes/Cape, Doctor Who/Time Lords, Kirby, a few Stephen King, Fourth World/New Gods, Monster Mash, Star vs, Lovecraft, Elder Scrolls, King Arthur, David Bowie, Nazis, WoW, several more Myths, RuneScape, No Man' Sky?.)

This is VERY fun to look at, and any more you add. (SW, ST, ME, Overwatch.)

Ay thanks man! This is mainly the regions of "Dimensional" (in the sense of like Xen or Star Vs. dimensions) space, so Star Wars, Trek, Mass Effect, etc. are very much in there since they're also in a lot of ISOT games. Also the No Man's Space is a reference to No Man's Land, haven't seen NMS come up anywhere in an ISOT context, though that'd be interesting.

Wow! Can't fault the scale of your ambition here. My best wishes for a triumphal completion.

Thanks! I can sure hope myself, but this'll certainly be a longer-term project since I also have some other fairly large scale projects to complete first.

@CannedTech God damn do I love the Shared Worlds ISOT meta-storyline.

Likewise. That also reminds me, we oughta get the crew back together for some brainstorming on the other ISOT multiverse sometime.

Ay thanks man! This is mainly the regions of "Dimensional" (in the sense of like Xen or Star Vs. dimensions) space, so Star Wars, Trek, Mass Effect, etc. are very much in there since they're also in a lot of ISOT games. Also the No Man's Space is a reference to No Man's Land, haven't seen NMS come up anywhere in an ISOT context, though that'd be interesting.

Likewise. That also reminds me, we oughta get the crew back together for some brainstorming on the other ISOT multiverse sometime.

@CannedTech God damn do I love the Shared Worlds ISOT meta-storyline.

Ah, I see. I'm going to be busy to see if I can name the rest I may not be familiar with. (Card Realm. Is that House of Cards, or a reference to Alice in Wonderland?)

Makes me want to get back into ISOT games for the fun of it all. (Waiting on AK's Monarchy Game...)

CannedTech

Banned
Ah, I see. I'm going to be busy to see if I can name the rest I may not be familiar with. (Card Realm. Is that House of Cards, or a reference to Alice in Wonderland?)

Makes me want to get back into ISOT games for the fun of it all. (Waiting on AK's Monarchy Game...)

Ah that's a Yu-gi-oh reference :coldsweat:

I may have to go back myself because I sorta forgot to write these down and may have forgotten what a few correlate to.

Ah that's a Yu-gi-oh reference :coldsweat:

I may have to go back myself because I sorta forgot to write these down and may have forgotten what a few correlate to.

Yu-Gi-Oh you say? Dang, it been so long. That was my jam during the 2000s, even played that Duelists of the Roses/War of the Roses game to death.

I like this series, @Jamee999 . How much of the US are you going to do?

My imagined POD is in 1884, so there's not too many more to do. Maybe something with Oklahoma. I might do rump Montana tomorrow, but I don't wanna trace the Idaho-Montana border, and it's not that interesting compared to the others. Honestly, the point of doing them was as much to teach me how to do stuff in Inkscape as much as anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.