Map Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaac Beach

Banned
I dunno about better man, you killed it here, and I really love the way you depicted yamba’ in map form, what with all the veins and that weirdo face, it’s really super dope.

Did anyone settle on it, or does Yamba move too much for that?

Awwh thanks. I do like how the colour came out. I just don’t think it’s especially realistic, a giant space cephalopod the size of Argentina has some logic to it, a snake with enormous eyes and pincers the size of Africa, less so.
He moves minutely, but enough over time that only temporary settlements (mostly from religious worshipers, which only inflate his ego) exist. There’s a huge orbital settlement, however.

CannedTech

Banned
Awwh thanks. I do like how the colour came out. I just don’t think it’s especially realistic, a giant space cephalopod the size of Argentina has some logic to it, a snake with enormous eyes and pincers the size of Africa, less so.
He moves minutely, but enough over time that only temporary settlements (mostly from religious worshipers, which only inflate his ego) exist. There’s a huge orbital settlement, however.

Fair enough, but hey, it's an out there sci-fi scenario, no need to feel constrained by realism (at least that's how I see it :coldsweat:).

Also I like the temp settlements idea as well. Who's in the orbital settlement, more cultists? Human cultists or otherwise?

Isaac Beach

Banned
Fair enough, but hey, it's an out there sci-fi scenario, no need to feel constrained by realism (at least that's how I see it :coldsweat:).

Also I like the temp settlements idea as well. Who's in the orbital settlement, more cultists? Human cultists or otherwise?

That’s true, I had deliberative, Socratic talking trees, blueskinned humans and interdimensional spider aliens so I guess yamba was actually pretty tame by those standards.

Mostly cultists, but also traders, diplomatic staff and just settlers and adventurers, both Human and five or six other species. The conceit was that although the rest of the galaxy find it a chore to work with the Inkanyamba it sits on a major trade route between two clusters of economic activity and so a society has grown around it. Given he has an army of fanatics at his disposal they let him sit at the big boy table and pretend he’s politically relevant.

partitions_by_keperry012-dcjq863.png

Unlike my previous QBAM series that look like time lapses but aren't, this one actually is!

Starting off in the 1970s with almost-OTL (except that Katanga and Barotseland are independent, because why not), large swathes of southern Africa are under white rule, either Portuguese colonies or the apartheid states of South Africa and Rhodesia. By the 1980s, independence wars have forced Portugal to grant independence to Angola (except for the exclave of Cabinda) and Mozambique, South Africa to grant independence to Southwest Africa as a multiracial state and to partition off the black-majority state of Azania in its western half, and Rhodesia to accept multiracial democracy as the state of Zimbabwe Rhodesia. By the 1990s, the multiethnic projects in Azania, Zimbabwe Rhodesia, and Southwest Africa have failed and brought about further partitions, with the largest ethnic groups in Azania seceding (KwaZulu and Xhosaland) or joining their preexisting states (Botswana, Lesotho, and Swaziland) and leaving Azania with only the ethnically diverse northeast and Johannesburg area, the white southern half of Southwest Africa rejoining South Africa while the black northern half becomes Ovambia (and East Caprivi joining Barotseland), and Zimbabwe Rhodesia splitting into a reformed Rhodesia along with Matabeleland and Mashonaland. The post-independence civil wars in Angola and Mozambique have also ended in partition, with UNITA forming South Angola and RENAMO forming the Republic of Rombesia while the MPLA and FRELIMO continue to rule communist rump states.
That is going to be a lot of bloodshed, wow, and whites get the least populated part of Namibia too, taking about dying for nothing but sand

Skallagrim

Banned
Mega-Mongolia

No Tannu Tuva

0/10

This Mongolia does seem to have sea access, though. That's a cool novelty. If you really, really want the more ethnically Mongolian inland region, though, just tell Russia you'll swap the not-actually-Mongolian coastal bit you have for the inland Mongolian bits they have. There's a 100% chance they'll jump at the offer.

NORTHERN EXPEDITION!

Northern Expedition Begins

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 11.17.52 AM.png

• A - Chiang Kai-Shek, a Kuomintang general, assumes control of the organization (Jul 6 1926)
  • B - The Kuomintang launches the long-delayed Northern Expedition against the northern warlords, with the support of the Kuominchun and the southwestern warlords (Jul 9 1926)
  • C - Nationalist army captures Wuchang (Oct 10 1926)
  • D - Fuzhou captured by the Nationalists (Dec 18 1926)

Nanking-Wuhan Split

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 11.19.06 AM.png

• A - Nationalists take Nanking (Mar 27 1927)
  • B - Wang Jingwei establishes a rival government in Wuhan. Both governments continue the Northern Expedition (1 April 1927)
  • C - Chiang Kai-Shek purges communists in Shanghai, breaking with the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) (Apr 14 1927)

Warlord Counteroffensives

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 11.20.06 AM.png

• A - Nanking Government retakes Hunan (Apr 1927)
  • B - Wuhan Government ends its alliance with the CCP (Jul 19 1927)
  • C - Sun Chuanfang launches a counteroffensive against the Nationalists (Jul 24 1927)
  • D - Sun’s advance is stopped (Jul 30 1927)
  • E - Communists attempt to capture Nanchang (Aug 1-5 1927)

Tsinan Incident

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 11.21.58 AM.png

• A - Wu Peifu launches a counterattack in Honan, but a subsequent Kuominchun expedition takes Kaifeng. (Oct 1927)
  • B - Communists attempt to take Changsha but are defeated and retreat into the countryside (Sept 7 1927)
  • C - Long Yun seizes power in Yunnan and declares for the K.M.T. (Jan 17 1928)
  • D - Nationalists capture Tsinan (Apr 30 1928)
  • E - Tsinan Incident: Japanese garrison in Tsinan attacks the Nationalists (May 3-11 1928)

Northeast Flag Replacement

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 2.03.03 PM.png

• A - Japanese assassinate Chang Tso-lin as he retreats to Manchuria. Chang Hseuh-liang becomes the leader of the Fengtian Clique (Jun 4 1928)
  • B - K.M.T. ally Yan Xishan captures Beiyang, completing the Northern Expedition (Jun 8 1928)
  • C - Last Zhili holdouts are destroyed (Apr 1928)
  • D - Sinkiang declares for the Kuomintang (Jul 1 1928)
  • E - Chiang Kai-Shek is elected President (Oct 10 1928)
  • F - Chang Hseuh-liang replaces Northern Government flags in Mukden with the K.M.T. flag. China is now united under a single government, although more as a coalition of warlords than a state (Dec 29 1928)

Last edited:
jTvGOfsvR7fNoq1chr_r2Wi76lCT2Jql5YZ_t4_sRus.png

Many considered the Great Lakes War to be part of the greater Napoleonic war of the early 1800's. As a result, when the United States declared war on the British and invaded Upper and Lower Canada, Spanish forces in the Caribbean and Florida were deployed to the American Border.

While suffering initial losses, with much of West Florida occupied since the annexation of the West Florida rebels, The Spanish would manage to secure a few important victories in Pensacola and Baton Rouge. Additionally the British victory in New Orleans saw the Southern Front as a British victory.

Spain saw a fairly large cession for their effort in the war, with the United States being forced to repurchase Louisiana from Spain and cede the disputed land of West Florida to Spain. These gains however did not do much to suppress native revolts in Florida.

In 1819, only three years after the signing of the Treaty of Ghent. the Spanish sold Florida for 3 million dollars. While originally established as the East and West Florida territories, West Florida was later disestablished in 1823 and divided between Mississippi, Louisiana and the newly formed Florida Territory.

This map is part of my larger timeline; The Lion, the Rooster, and the Eagle. Which tells the story of the world following a devastating American defeat in the War of 1812. For a larger version of this map, see here

Status
Not open for further replies.