Map Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

fashbasher

Banned
Because I was lazy, and this map was delayed for so long that I kinda forgotten what sort of story I wanted to put in the setting. But the basic premise is me experimenting on how secular nationalism will look like taking up assabiyah from Islam and how Islam itself would look like being the one which develops what basically amounts to diamat discourse.

Also, America is an easy choice for a fulcrum for an ideological strain opposed to Jacobinism since contrarianism is what America excels at, even over a monistic revolutionary ideology whose zeal only gets amplified by stronger Islamic influence and challenge.

I'd love to see more scenarios where there isn't a recognizably American power in North America. Meaning it isn't in any way right-wing/contrarian/creative/republican/ideological/agrarian/multicultural. Or are there "Guns, Germs, and Steel" reasons why so many fictional Temperate North American polities have two or more of those attributes?

Beginning of the Flame.png

Beginning of a potential map-series? Following the Collapse of the Achaemenid Empire, which ITTL successfully conquered Greece. Main faiths are Zoroastrianism (Which Dominates the Middle East and is spreading through the tribes, including much of Egypt and Greece), Hellenic Paganism (Mostly concentrated in Massalia) and a reformed version of the Punic Religion, which dominates Carthage.

I'd love to see more scenarios where there isn't a recognizably American power in North America. Meaning it isn't in any way right-wing/contrarian/creative/republican/ideological/agrarian/multicultural. Or are there "Guns, Germs, and Steel" reasons why so many fictional Temperate North American polities have two or more of those attributes?

I can do that, but I do in fact kinda like OTL US, or at least the AH potentials it has. I should've mentioned that in TTL US reconstruction was radical and complete.

VgY6mUl.png

kNkftWj.png

A random burst of creative energy that couldn't really be directed at my existing projects with more moving parts. Here is a basic projection of the Earth with the 'land' hemisphere to the North, and the 'sea' hemisphere to the south.

Antarctica is the next phase if I get an hour or so, or get lucky eye-balling the projection issues around it, then the mind-breaking Canadian Archipelago, then taking a look at the new Arctic Circle region to see if anything is going to form glacial lakes or ice-shelves, and then maybe consider how the Antarctic Circle or ice-cap acts when it's mostly water surrounded by mostly water. This last one is something I can't get a proper handle on still, so any notes would be appreciated (by everyone, I'm sure).

So far I'm thinking Guinea in West Africa could end up as a kind of *Europe dominated by a *Russia which extends across North Africa; the New World is still likely to be out of contact with the Old World by the Atlantic Route, but not the Pacific; the Silver River in South America could end up being very important but maybe not a superpower seed; Madagascar could be our *Britain; North America, Antarctica, and Australia are potential USA style superpower seeds; Japan might be Japan, India might be India, Indochina might be Indochina, the geopolitics seems to shake out in the same way for them; I think China is a desert now, but not sure; I never know what might happen in a more fertile and accessible Siberia, so that's interesting again; and that's it for obvious ones.

Not sure if I've posted this already, but here's an ethnic map of the USSR I did awhile back. And yes, I did spell "ethnic" wrong.
ussr_ethnicity_map_by_theplainsman-dbka1ge.png

Inaccurate! Khrushchev had most of the Aral Water people deported and dispersed in Central Asia! Justice for the Water people!

Other than that, nice map. Mind if I use it for my TL? I don't think I'll make too many changes, but I feel I need to ask anyway. :3

View attachment 359125

Beginning of a potential map-series? Following the Collapse of the Achaemenid Empire, which ITTL successfully conquered Greece. Main faiths are Zoroastrianism (Which Dominates the Middle East and is spreading through the tribes, including much of Egypt and Greece), Hellenic Paganism (Mostly concentrated in Massalia) and a reformed version of the Punic Religion, which dominates Carthage.
1) Which languages are talked in Hellas, Massilia and Egypt?
2) Which year is it?

Inaccurate! Khrushchev had most of the Aral Water people deported and dispersed in Central Asia! Justice for the Water people!

Other than that, nice map. Mind if I use it for my TL? I don't think I'll make too many changes, but I feel I need to ask anyway. :3

Sure, I don't mind. Just give me credit for it.

Pretty nice work! But why are Latvians and Lithuanians lumped together? Is it an ATL?

That's how the base for the map was.

1) Which languages are talked in Hellas, Massilia and Egypt?
2) Which year is it?

1. Hellas speaks Greek, but with a Persian Script. Massilia speaks what we would call "Ancient Greek" with minor Gallic influences. Egypt speaks Persianized Egyptian, kinda like the Hellenized Egyptian it spoke in OTL.

2. It's currently 250BCE

View attachment 359125

So who is running the show in Egypt, Hellas, and Persia?

How are the Etruscan doing, and what do they look like?

How does Hellas look cultural after being conquer?

How Greek is Gaul at this point under Massalia?

Future wars on the rising?

Skallagrim

Banned
1. Hellas speaks Greek, but with a Persian Script. Massilia speaks what we would call "Ancient Greek" with minor Gallic influences. Egypt speaks Persianized Egyptian, kinda like the Hellenized Egyptian it spoke in OTL.

2. It's currently 250BCE

It's a cool scenario, and I'm always for ancient PODs and Persian TLs, but if the bolded bit is true, then wouldn't Egypt be named Kemet or Mudraya (the Persian name), or something derived from that? 'Ejipt' is obviously derived from 'Aigyptos', i.e. the Hellenic name. If Persianisation instead of Hellenisation, then the name would logically be different.

2. It's currently 250BCE
They are all post-Persian states or someone was indipendent before Achaemenid falldown?

Status
Not open for further replies.