Map Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hope that universal basic income or a resource based economy is implemented.
I can hope that the automation in germany keeps being so damn slow (gov. fails at everything regarding digitalization, climate and electro mobility) that it'll keep me alive for a few decades - unless the failed immigration policies turn out to be a fatal decision for the integrity of the country...
*Spirals down into further depression*

ST15RM

Banned
I can hope that the automation in germany keeps being so damn slow (gov. fails at everything regarding digitalization, climate and electro mobility) that it'll keep me alive for a few decades - unless the failed immigration policies turn out to be a fatal decision for the integrity of the country...
*Spirals down into further depression*
I live in Merica and things here are worse than Germany, and I'm fine!

I appreciate all the support of my other map posted :D

I decided I'm going to post the other one I worked on last night now, if it isn't too much spam-ness

If you want the write-up for it so far, I have a thread in ASB that will detail much of the timeline

Anyways, I present to you the Federation of New Albion!

New Albion.png

ST15RM

Banned
I appreciate all the support of my other map posted :D

I decided I'm going to post the other one I worked on last night now, if it isn't too much spam-ness

If you want the write-up for it so far, I have a thread in ASB that will detail much of the timeline

Anyways, I present to you the Federation of New Albion!

View attachment 350722
I'm getting the hint that America is no more...

WIP
current_2.png

May I express my extreme dissatisfaction with India. I'm helplessy stuck on it. The border and color composition is still horrible IMO. Any solution ideas? India breaks apart at the startt of the POD, but that's 120 years ago. However, I don't want them to be fully united. at least two or three non-muslim states should be present on modern day India.
Please help me :/

Last edited:
WIP

May I express my extreme dissatisfaction with India. I'm helplessy stuck on it. The border and color composition is still horrible IMO. Any solution ideas? India breaks apart at the startt of the POD, but that's 120 years ago. However, I don't want them to be fully united. at least two or three non-muslim states should be present on modern day India.

I see what your coming from on India, I recommend maybe similar colors, if that's the issue? Maybe even a single color used on multiple countries to show a union/alliance of some sort.

ST15RM

Banned
WIP
View attachment 350737

Hmm.. Possibly make an EU type situation

WIP
View attachment 350737

Personally I'd give the yellow Indian state most or all of the Delhi* territory to it's east and give the Delhi* state Rajputana; hopefully that was helpful.

Nice map btw.

WIP
View attachment 350737

I like it.

Does Germany what all those Catholics in the Empire?

How does Spain have Cuba and the Philippines still?

Bolivia can into sea!

Skallagrim

Banned
First of all, that's a great map, @Valdore Javorsky!

Regarding India, the POD and the circumstances of India falling apart of course matter. In general, I'd say that the state cutting from the north to the south in the middle there is a bit of an issue. Generally, when northern states grew powerful, they dominated the Gangetic plain first, and used that as a power base to infringe upon the Deccan Plateau. At the very least, they tended to control either the western half or the eastern half of the northern plain, and then moved south from there. A state controlling only a bit of the Gangetic plain effectively cutting out a thin swath of territorry a long way south is not that likely. It can be done, but I don't think it would last very long. So maybe that's a change to look into?

I can vaguely recognize some modern provinces in there. Try basing the borders on those of the British Raj instead, including both large empires and smaller states (that will make it look more natural). Start out with the 1850 map of India, and slowly progress forward, looking at events in the timeline and imagining how all the different princedoms and colonies would react. That's what I would suggest for now.

So I made a simple, proper base for the style of solar system map that I think I've uniquely developed. TerranTechnocrat seems to credit me as such and he's used the style to make some killer maps. I guess I should name it something like the Worlda; Solar-A? Solar-G? SolMap? Basic Solar Map (BSM)? I dunno. In any event this should allow people to easily make science fiction maps detailing the state of the Solar System.

I have yet to label it but below they heavenly bodies descend as follows (that was an oddly poetic sentence, aha):
Sun
Mercury
Venus
Earth
Mars
Asteroid Belt
Jupiter
Saturn
Uranus
Neptune
Kuiper Belt (Including Pluto)
Sedna
This is kickass. Very well-designed. With your permission and credit to you, would I be able to use it for a map I'm planning?

Isaac Beach

Banned
This is kickass. Very well-designed. With your permission and credit to you, would I be able to use it for a map I'm planning?

Thanks. Oh that's nice, but you don't need to credit me nor ask my permission. I want this to become a generally used map like the Worlda so it'd be terribly inefficient for everyone to have to ask whenever they want to use it. That being said, go for your life. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.