Map Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
upload_2018-7-18_15-28-33.png

In the waning days of the Civil War, the Confederate States of America was on it's deathbed. Shermans troops had broken through in Tennessee, and hungrily looked on to Georgia. The Confederate Army had suffered setback after setback, and plans began to be made for the governance of the former Confederate territory. However, in mid 1864, a surprise breakthrough had Confederate troops streaming towards Washington D.C. The Union was forced into a humiliating peace.

However, all was not well in the CSA. Governor Joseph Brown despised the way that the CSA had taken young Georgia boys, and sent them to the meatgrinder in faraway Virginia, or worse, Texas. Throughout the war, he had advocated for more men to stay back in Georgia, and as he watched Sherman's troops pool at the border, he soon realized that the CSA would put national interests above Georgia interests. To him, this was unacceptable. In April 1865, less than a year after the American Civil War ended, the Confederate Civil War began. Georgia, in the heart of the Confederacy, demanded independence, with North Carolina and Texas not long behind it. The fighting was brutal and bloody, with thousands upon thousands dying.

In the slaughter, a certain James Longstreet made himself prominent. A general living in Gainesville, Georgia, he distinguished himself as a talented military leader to rival General Lee from Virginia. During the Confederate Civil War, however, he was sent to the court of the sultan of the Ottoman Empire to help garner international support, since it was seen that the Ottoman Sultan would be the most sympathetic to the Georgian cause. And indeed, Longstreet quickly found himself a fast friend of the Sultan.

However, Longstreet couldn't sleep.

Every time he closed his eyes, his mind fluttered to the thoughts of slaves in what should have been the land of the free toiling under the yoke of unjust masters. He thought of poor whites starving on the streets of Atlanta because the wealthy plantation owners simply decided that they didn't make good enough goods to be paid. His mind tossed and turned as he lay in ship with the Ottoman soldiers on their way to Atlanta. And then Longstreet had a realization. If Georgia was going to change, he was going to have to change it himself.

Longstreet captured the important port city of Savannah, Georgia. The news of Longstreet ariving, not as reinforcements, but as a conqueror, threw Georgia for a loop. Brown cursed Longstreet to high heaven, and demanded that true Georgian troops deliver his head to him. However, especially in the northern counties like Dade and Rabun, this was a godsend. Representatives from several counties pledged their allegiance to Longstreet's troops. In fact, there were mass defections from the Confederate army by anti-slavery groups or just warweary soldiers who just wanted an independent, peaceful Georgia. Longsteet's troops marched through Georgia, capturing town after town. However, in the firefight to take Atlanta, Brown escaped to one of the small southern towns.

Yet, for Longstreet, this was an opportunity. Longstreet and his soldiers marched south, into plantation country. Former slaves and poor whites fraternized in the Reorganized Georgian Army, as they destroyed plantation town after plantation town. After 7 months of fighting, the Razing of Cordele finally ended the Georgian Civil War with a Longstreet victory, with the entire town leveled, the Slavocrats captured and tried for various crimes, and most of the rest of the population moving out. Moving north, Longstreet inflicted a crushing victory on the Confederate Army, establishing Chattanooga County in the north of Georgia, and incorporating the city into the state. Georgia was free, free indeed.

But Longstreet was not done. Even after the Sultan's army had gone home in 1875, Longstreet was still busy destroying KKK revolts that would occasionally break out. But there was still the question of what would happen once the Union re-stabilized. The old Civil War general Ulysses S. Grant had won the presidency, and had begun mopping up the mostly dysfunctional post-Confederate states. Longstreet and Grant arranged a meeting in Istanbul in 1876, which both leaders very concernedly looked forward too. However, upon arrival, the two leaders rapidly rekindled their old friendship, and ended their visit with a friendly embrace. The war had been over, but the peace finally was won.

The rest of Grant's presidencies in Georgia were mostly about building Georgia. He ended up talking to an old colleague of his, a certain William Mahone, who helped set up a thriving railroad network in the nation. After a few rumblings from the Georgian Communist Party, he instituted a series of reforms in the 1880's that instituted a 7 hour work day, mandatory schooling, living wages, and overall a series of reforms that caused Georgia to avoid the so-called "Gilded age" quite nicely, along with the Red Bleeding that affected Texas. In 1890, Longstreet stepped down from power, after 5, 5 year terms. His last act as president of Georgia was to institute a 2 year term limit. He then retired back to his home in Georgia. On a visit to his old friends in the Ottoman Empire, he ended up getting lost in what is today the Kingdom of Mesopotamia, encountering a group of Bektashi mystics. He fell in love with the Bektashi order, and upon coming back to Georgia, personally paid for a group of Bektashi to come to Georgia. James Longstreet died in 1901, at the ripe old age of 79.

Vuu

Banned
To be fair, "Germany" as a concept doesn't exist in Puritan World. That monstrosity is the Holy Roman Empire, if you looked at its divisions you'd probably see something absolutely nightmarish.
And so, the man which would be known as Vuu prepares for the hour-long, yet 500 meter long journey to the grocery store. He takes his already overstuffed passport book, and stuffs more empty pages. He after all, has 37 borders of mutually hostile 17 statelets to cross.

And so, the man which would be known as Vuu prepares for the hour-long, yet 500 meter long journey to the grocery store. He takes his already overstuffed passport book, and stuffs more empty pages. He after all, has 37 borders of mutually hostile 17 statelets to cross.
Can someone please make a map of Vuu's fictional neighborhood?

Is this a re imagining of the Fallout games?
No, just a few alternate post-war ideas I had beating around my head that I turned into a single map.
I am just waiting on the British states to unite, and kick Chase ass into next week, the British Enclave Royal Navy sick his ass into next week or he does something so stupid, the whole thing collapsed out from under him. (Or use HonestAbe idea, and put Chase in China to found a Yuan dynasty facing down the Yankee Hoard and someone else is running the show on the East Coast.)
The bolded is the most likely to happen, and I would expect it to be picking a fight with the San Francisco US and his monster coming apart because, as much as it would shock the mad General, people would rather live in a free and democratic society and not his authoritarian world state. If he is lucky he might hold Ireland.

Also, and in retrospect, I should have put a British statelet around Barrow-in-Furness.

On November 26, 2017, portals that are circular in shape with a radius of 10 meters opened in Manila, Delhi, Rio de Janeiro, and San Francisco with one portal in each city. The portals led to a space station in the middle of deep space similar to the 'Ark' or 'Installation 00' in Halo but having only four arms.

But our world is not the only one that had portal access to this massive construct. Five other worlds have portal access to the 'Ark', Earths different from ours. The other Earths seem to be the same as ours in both history and people, but there actually is a difference.

In our world BrentAtticus chose to eat in KFC in November 26, in the others he chose McDonald's, Shakey's, Jollibee, Wendy's, and not eat at all.

Note: The arrangement of the Earths in the map have no meaning at all.
This map is LGBT.

Lunging through the hospital doors
Getting the receptionist's attention
Bad news from the doctor
Tragic miscarriage

earths_and_the_ark_by_brentatticus-dchjs0m.png

On November 26, 2017, portals that are circular in shape with a radius of 10 meters opened in Manila, Delhi, Rio de Janeiro, and San Francisco with one portal in each city. The portals led to a space station in the middle of deep space similar to the 'Ark' or 'Installation 00' in Halo but having only four arms.

But our world is not the only one that had portal access to this massive construct. Five other worlds have portal access to the 'Ark', Earths different from ours. The other Earths seem to be the same as ours in both history and people, but there actually is a difference.

In our world BrentAtticus chose to eat in KFC in November 26, in the others he chose McDonald's, Shakey's, Jollibee, Wendy's, and not eat at all.

So what is the 'Ark' supposed to be in the picture?

earths_and_the_ark_by_brentatticus-dchjs0m.png

WHY MUST YOU TORMENT ME SO.

My suffering is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

I'd like to point out that the reason I'm so disappointed is because its not even loss. There's no doctor in the "3rd panel".

Loss is
I II
II I_

while the """map""" is:
I II
I I_

Joke: What's worse than a loss meme?

Answer: When a loss meme spawns a solid page of response, up to and including analysis of the metapractice of posting loss memes

Status
Not open for further replies.